Ladies...Excalibur or North Pole? If you had to choose one, of course.

They're both really great scents, but different. My preference is for North Pole (I love it on me and my man) but Excalibur is a classic manly-man kind of fragrance - it really depends on the situation, I would think.

Not one of the ladies - but like Luna said - depends on what. Excalibur IMO is maybe better day to day or more work friendly, but North Pole is a great Fall Winter scent without a doubt. I have more North Pole than Excalibur if that helps.

Edited by quietguy

Thx for replies. Way to jump on it guys/gals. Both get very good reviews. I think I am leaning toward North Pole because it is 'different'. That is why I came to this site, looking for different scents, to stand out if you will. Unless, of course, I hear something overwhelming from someone else.

From the perfumer: Excalibur was modeled after the heavy club scents of the 80's (which I personally love)...in the same realm as say, Halston Z-14 or Polo. If you like that kind of thing, go for it. You are in an age appropriate set to pull this scent off, although I feel it is a night time scent unless worn extremely lightly for work...the stuff has throw.

North Pole is sweeter and more "modern". It's a manly woody gingerbread type of scent. Women tend to drool and want to eat you up, which to most men is a plus, ;) even if it feels a little sweet to your own nose.

From the perfumer: Excalibur was modeled after the heavy club scents of the 80's (which I personally love)...in the same realm as say, Halston Z-14 or Polo. If you like that kind of thing, go for it. You are in an age appropriate set to pull this scent off, although I feel it is a night time scent unless worn extremely lightly for work...the stuff has throw.

North Pole is sweeter and more "modern". It's a manly woody gingerbread type of scent. Women tend to drool and want to eat you up, which to most men is a plus, ;) even if it feels a little sweet to your own nose.

Awesome description...I'll go with the North Pole. I kinda like being drooled over and especially eaten up ;-)

Of the first three, I really like Cry Havoc! cannot speak to any of the sugared line.

I have a thread in my journal with current scents I have and which are my favorites. Half of them are probably favorites so that may not help too much, the the list is there.

Sug Frank & Myrrh is very sheer and powdery. It's def appropriate for men, and it'll pass for your own natural scent or grooming products, rather than smell like a COLOGNE.

Of the ones you have listed, Cry Havoc is the most popular seller amongst our male clients, if that helps.

On another note, best seller doesn't always mean best...thinkin' sheep following herd sort of thing.

In this case, all of Mara's products are the best. But some are definitely more popular than others.

North Pole is an excellent choice! The description of Excalibur would definitely explain why my Beautiful Bride likes it so much! LP: Homme still seems to be her personal favorite, though (with Thrill of the Chase a close second).

Haha - OK I was in the process of answering and the thread disappeared.

HappyGoSkillfully, on 21 Aug 2014 - 5:24 PM, said:

On another note, best seller doesn't always mean best...thinkin' sheep following herd sort of thing. As stated before, I seeked this site out for something different, therefore intriguing smelling.

Potion Master, on 21 Aug 2014 - 5:31 PM, said:

Personally, I think I like Burnt Umber better than Cry Havoc. I think Havoc is a little more traditionally male, therefore sells better.

luna65, on 21 Aug 2014 - 5:48 PM, said:

In this case, all of Mara's products are the best. But some are definitely more popular than others.

What Mara & Luna said. You have to remember that everything here is "something different". Plus here, herd here is more like a special opns team as opposed to an infantry division. It really is a matter of personal preference. I just happen to prefer Cry Havoc out of the ones you mentioned here. And I have only come across a couple scents I do not care for on my skin. For the most part, I just prefer some over others. And the samples are so economical you can't go wrong testing.

And the other thing to remember is that because Mara does not use the chemical "fixers" the commercial brands use, everything here blends with your skin to create an even more unique scents. So even if you get the scent here that "everyone" (haha!) likes, it will be different on your skin than on just about anyone else.

I went with a bunch of Trial vials and I bucked the system on the Burnt Umber/Cry Havoc! question I asked - I went with Sugared Frankincense & Myrrh

Here's what I ordered all in Trial size:

Touchdown! w/MVP

Ambuscade

Teddy Man 2

Dirty Old Man

Iconic Tonic

North Pole

Essential Harmony

Essential Vitality

UN

Sugared Frankincense & Myrrh

Captain Fantastic w/Heart Throb

Steamy Daydreams

Lucero w/Charisma

Salute w/Charisma

Winter Wizardry

Cocked & Loaded

Super interested in trying new smells out. I have noticed throughout my life that I have a bit of a heightened sense of smell over others. I always smell something first. Way first. I certainly invite any and all comments on my soon-to-be-new products. I live in Michigan and I am heading to Houston for a week next Wed (8/27), so unfortunately I will probably miss getting my new toys before I leave :-(

I have also grabbed several pmone products from some other reputable companies off Pherotruth (where I found this place). I most likely will be combining these scents with pmones and if anyone has any insights or suggestions on that, I'm all ears.

PS - does anyone else get hungry reading the descriptions of these products? Holy moly!

There is a lot here on using pheromones. It was also pheromones that originally brought me here also. If you have any specific questions, I will try to answer them.

With pheromones, I am sure you have read that often less is more. Start your dosing low and work your way up until you see what you are looking for. And run with a specific does a couple days to test the waters.

Pheromones IMO merely grease the skids for you. People do what they are inclined to do. Pheromones just help push it along. The real work will always be up to you.

Don't be surprised if those closest to you either do not react at first or if they look at you funny. The ones closest to you already have a strong notion of who you are. It is hard to shift that sometimes. Likewise they are also very familiar (subconsciously) with your pheromone signature and will unconsciously pick up on the change and then consciously wonder what is different about you. My mom spent the day looking at me like she was trying to figure out what had changed about me or what I was doing the first time I wore pheros around her.

I just go about my day and let the pheros do their thing helping me along. I often do not see their effects until I look back on a given interaction.

quietguy,

Thx for response. I guess my biggest ?'s would be the interaction between some of the scents from here that already have pmones in them and how they interact with other Phero Co's pmones.

The scents that don't have pmones in them is obvious. Whatever pmone I use from another Co will not be effected.

But if I am using, say Dirty Old Man (I just typed "Dirty Old Mam" by accident - maybe a new scent?) and I want to spike it with some other Co's pmones, what am I looking at. The other Co's tend to get very specific on the amounts to use and how many mcg's are in each drop or spray. As you stated, less is effective, so don't want to OD. That's all.

Any of those I ordered to your liking?

As far as scents go, I have just about everything you ordered except the "Essentials" & Sugared F. Of the ones you listed, my "favorites" are

Touchdown! w/MVP, Ambuscade, Teddy Man 2, Dirty Old Man, Iconic Tonic, North Pole, Salute w/Charisma & Winter Wizardry.

I would really get a feel for the different pheros before you mix and match. Mara sells blends (for the most part) that are pretty well balanced out for what they are designed to do. I have a lot of individual molecules (I love b'nols) but never really add them to her blends. Not that you couldn't shift things a little to fit what you want to do, I just don't have the time.

If you want to do so, make a thread in the mens pheromone section and we can discuss in more detail what exactly you want to do. It is OK to mention other products here as long as you are not hawking them.

Edited by quietguy

Well Ellie, that sounds pretty promising. Voracious next time then. Kryptonite is cool.

Luna, you say SUPER. That is just SUPER, not Super Sexy 4 Men? Is Super on it's own?

Lady Vic, you had me at hello. That's my fav. I think you turned me on, nice!

I need to read some more posts...I like how you broads talk on here :mooning:

HappyGoSkillfully

It DEFINITELY has throw! I used a couple of trial vials of Excalibur to make a homemade natural "aftershave" for my man. He ran out of his commercial junk, so I whipped some up with witch hazel and Excalibur. He has been wearing the scents from here for a few years now, but he still occasionally needs the toning properties of an aftershave. So, I hooked him up! He is now addicted.

Sugared Frank & Myrrh was a good choice. I love it and it works on the man too. You can also go really custom, use it to layer with another scent.

I also LOVE Lucero! On the skin it turns into the most musky, Au natural, sensual, male scent. Unique, warm and memorable!