New Releases for OCTOBER 2014 - The Weenies Are Here!!

katz

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of you have a Costco membership? I guess they have buffet tables - especially this time of year - which are supposed to be pretty sturdy, and inexpensive.

Be careful if you are using those folding plastic buffet tables and propane stoves. The plastic will melt under the stove. "Don't ask me how I know ...." as the C&W song goes. Put some plywood or something under the propane stove.

I like the sturdy catering tables (not sure that's what they are called but they're often used for that. The top (doesn't fold) is a pretty sturdy Formica and the legs are metal, very sturdy, and fold under the top for storage. They come in 5' to 8' long. They have them at Sam's Club & Costco, ect, as far as I know. You would want to put a large trivet or even a cookie sheet under it if you were using a burner. But if the burner is contained you should be ok.

The older catering tables, if you can find them, maybe in a used resturaunt supply place, have a fairly thick plywood top, heavier than the others and you don't have to worry about melting or warping.

Edited by StacyK