A Wake

Beccah

AD-Awake_1.jpg

A Wake

Enjoy the season with our decadent pumpkin latte fragrance: a blend of our creamiest coffee and dreamiest pumpkin oils...it will de-zombify even the sleepiest spectre!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.
PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
SUGAR ~
Attractslove
, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
PIE SPICES ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

Scent: Creamy Pumpkin Latte

Pumpkin spice latte anyone? This smells like the creamiest, dreamy pumpkin spice latte. Dark coffee swirled with luscious cream and lightly spiced with pumpkin. No bitterness and not too sweet either. The spice sits quietly in the background. It makes me want to snuggle in a big sweatshirt, sipping a steamy latte, on a cold day. Coffee lovers will adore this! I'm not even the biggest coffee fan and I adore this!

Edited by hearts

I will re-visit this in another day after acclimation, but straight out of the mail it IS Pumpkin Latte!

The Pumpkin pops out first on top but quickly gave way in a mater of moments to a rich, dark coffee. Now, maybe 10 minutes in, it's a play between creamy pumpkin and coffee with a sprinkling on top of spices! Whatever that pumpkin note it is - it's delish! If it were food - I would eat it by the spoonful! I hope it stays this yummy!

Mmm, this is along the lines of what I was hoping for from Love Potion Latte! Wet, I get a big blast of coffee but that quickly settles down to a spicy, sweet vibe that is quite yummy. At a couple of points it has veered dangerously close to LP Latte territory (that one was so delicious in the vial and my stupid skin just instantly translated it to burnt paper!) but it always recovers and goes back to sweet and spicy foodie fall goodness. It reminds me of Cauldron Cake, but a lighter, liquid version!

I am tempted to add a bit of Sugared Coffee to keep the coffee note going longer. Will report back! I am also wondering what this one would be like in a spray.

On me the coffee is that wonderful fresh-ground scent you get before you actually *brew* the coffee. YUM! Then it's balanced with the sweet/spice of pumpkin pie.

Yeah I get that too, I don't let the "latte" part of it really. The yummy creaminess is present in the vial for me, but on my skin, as usual, the spices dial it up to 22 (:P). I think it makes a nice fall scent, but not to my taste the way it is now.

Another "nom nom so delicious" Weenie :) It's a wearable pumpkin spice latte! Only better, because to me the actual coffeehouse drink smells mostly like pie spice. The coffee in this is sooooo good. It smells just like real coffee, not "something that's supposed to smell like coffee."

My favorite of the samples cause it smells great, I get coffee and cream w a hint of spice and it really does waken me up. Wouldn't mind showering in a scent like this that's why I'm thinking of getting a 60/40 spray to get a coffee droplet effect to douse myself with.. and I'm not much of a coffee drinker.

smells exactly as it says on the tin :) Wet, a creamy coffee spicy blast, just great way to start day. To my surprise as it dries down I do get a tinge of incense ???? like church incense, which takes it a little sideways for me, but hanging in there to see what else it does. Can we also talk about how cute the punny name is!

Eta eleven hours later I am getting coffee still! Very unusual for me as that is usually the first thing to go in blends that contain it. I get vanilla ice cream melted in black coffee. So nice

Edited by tyvey

I like this one. Don't love it but definitively like it. I'm pretty sure this will be one of those scents that grows on you as it ages.

I don't really get much of the coffee from this one at all. I get pumpkin & pie spices but the spice part is soft & keeps nicely in the background (which is unusual to me) without dominating the scent.

Very nicely put together :)

Coffee, lots of coffee; with thick heavy cream and a dash of pumpkiny spice, but mostly coffee.

I feel wide awake after sniffing this all evening!

It's lovely and sophisticated and warm and creamy; oddly enough though, I could see a man wear this too.

There is something about it that evokes beards and flannels for me! :D

Very nice, and I think I would love this as a drink - but I don't think I will need more than the sample, it feels not quite 'me'.

Possibly because I am lacking a beard...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I was thinking of my comments in Bella's thread and decided to revisit my saved vials, only to find I hadn't reviewed this beauty!! This is absolutely gorgeous. First on, it was a blast of coffee, very similar to Titillating Temptress. After a few minutes, it settles down to a sweet, cinnamony, cream. The pumpkin is very fresh, more like the pumpkin in Pumpkin Musk, a very true pumpkin, more like the can of pumpkin as compared to the can of pumpkin pie filling. There are pumpkin spices here, but they're very light. As it dries down, the pumpkin and cream blend together for one of those close to the skin scents. I can't keep my wrist away from my nose!!!

• 1 month later...

This is yucky. Run away and pretend you never heard of A Wake. Boo! Hiss!! Move along, little doggies. Nothing to see here.

Ok, in all seriousness, this is EXACTLY what it says it is. That's all you need to know. Except that if you do get a bottle, you're going to kick yourself for not ordering two, like I am right this minute. Damn! I might, try to justify one last purchase just to get one more bottle of this mesmerizing scent. I DO need some stocking stuffers, and Mara's shop has loads if those. Oh, this is intoxicating stuff. Evil stuff. Tempting me stuff. Waaahh!!!

Edited by Wanderlust

Wore A Wake to dinner tonight and was stopped twice! My son stopped me and said, "Wow! What are you wearing? It smells really good!"

Not five minutes later, a waiter asked me where I got my perfume. He wanted to buy a bottle for his girlfriend. I wrote down the info for him. Hopefully, you'll have a new Indiana customer!

• 3 weeks later...

Make that seven times I've been stopped for information about this scent. The last time was hysterical. A little boy, maybe eight-years-old walked up beside me at the art museum, politely said excuse me and whispered,"Ummmm, can you tell me what perfume you're wearing? My dad's a chicken."

I responded,"Well, my goodness! Chickens are awesome! You can give him a card with the information."

I wrote the name "A Wake" on a sticky note and gave the boy one of the LPMP cards that come in the parcels. The little boy thanked me and went sprinting back to his dad yelling, "Dad, she's awake, and she likes chicken! "

The dad sheepishly looked up at me from a bench, laughed and said, "I didn't want to seem like a creep. I want to get a bottle for my wife."

Bless 'em. They made my day.

• 9 months later...

Mmmm, this is yet another scent I somehow missed going full bottle on the first time around, and then had someone put on my radar (Bella, once again I think it was you!) in time for me to grab it up during the sale.

It's aging so nicely. Big wet blast of coffee that lingers even as the pumpkin and spices bloom. And cream! One of the creamiest LPs EVER. Which is saying a lot.

We had a couple of unseasonably cool evenings this week and I am having to fight myself not to wish away the remaining weeks of summer. I love fall so hard, and this reminded me of all the awesome fall scents waiting for me in just another month!

Yay!! I went back and forth on getting a bottle during the sale last year. I ended up using all my sample, so I got another sample this year. I'm going to try it this week, before our temps go back up again. I am *SO* ready for Fall. Central California summers are the worst!

• 6 months later...

I have to say I was leery of Awake because of the coffee, but I have found that it suits me quite well. The coffee fades to the background after a few minutes and I'm left with a delicious spicy pumpkin!! I really love it!! I'm so glad I didn't write it off without trying it first.I should know from past experiences to always try a potion first and not assume I wouldn't like one based on notes alone. This is a very cozy scent and I love to put it on when the weather suggests staying inside! A winner for me!! :)

• 2 years later...

Mmmmm pumpkin spice coffee.  Nice dark coffee at first, then it gets creamy and the pumpkin spice blooms, and it almost reminds me of a pumpkin spice quickbread I used to make a few years ago. I think a little bit of the coffee lingers and adds that warm, "baking" smell.  It just makes me feel so cozy, perfect for wearing with a cashmere sweater while it's snowing outside. 

Edit: I also like wearing this one one wrist with Warm and Toasty on the other. So much comfy coziness.🤗

Edited by hedgehog