Curiosities

Beccah

AD-Curiosities_1.jpg

Curiosities

A curiously delightful take on the traditional caramel apple! Various types of caramelized sugars, brown sugar and salted butter blend to form the thick creamy salted caramel coating for a crunchy apple with a sprinkle of pecans and a base of warm smooth sweet amber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

CARAMELIZED AND BROWN SUGARS ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
SALT ~ protection, purification, grounding, feminine energy. Resurrection, baptism.
BUTTER ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility,
good luck
, happiness, immortality, fortelling spells.
PECAN ~ Money, employment, mental acuity.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

Scent: Salted Caramel Apple

Candy Apple Cuties long lost cousin? The apple in this is reminding me a bit of CAC. But instead of a candy shell, this one is drenched in sweet caramel. The combo of apple and caramel are a delicious combo that makes me think of fall time. The longer it dries down, I'm getting hints of sticky amber. If I wasn't pregnant, I would boost this with Gotcha. I would lure them in with my delicious apple pie/ caramel apple cloud, then GOTCHA. I think this scent will draw people in and want to snuggle you. It smells like dessert. I love that the apple does not get even close to being craftstore-ish.

So another surprise! This one though surprised me that I don't like it. I would have bet my entire LP collection that this would have been my fave. Glad I didn't do that.

I am not getting the apple. I am not getting much. I don't HATE it...I just don't love it and at this point in my LP career I only settle for love.

I feel with this one very much like I did with Tombstone Tart. I should love it but it is missing the GRAB that I need. In fact I think this one reminds me a lot of T Tart without whatever fruit was in T Tart. Maybe they both have pecans?

Oh well....with a collection as stunning as this it's nice to throw one in the "just ok" pile. And of course...who knows? That apple may beat down that pecan in a few weeks and I may be editing this review to ISO CURIOSITY!!!!!!!

I need to let them rest as I just pulled them from the mail - but I'm already scribbling this onto the FB list.

Until it's sat a bit for me to be sure, I will say, at the moment, it's a dreamy caramel buttery pecan delight. Not getting much in the apple department, but like I said - this is just snuffled straight from the post. Literally, when I smelled the vial my eyes rolled back. It's a sticky caramel goo-y dream. I hope that's how it stays, but wonder if the apple will make more of an appearance given a day or 2 of rest...?

This was the 'weenie I was most excited for, because I love caramel apple scents (and so does Quince). In the wet stage this is the most intensely caramel apple for me, although the apple is blended really well within the entirety of the scent. As it dries down it goes through a wonderful salted caramel stage (I'm a fiend for salted caramel anything) and then the amber comes out and it's sweet and a bit smoky (IMO). Love love looooove!!!

This could almost convert me to apple! I was eager to try because I love the salted caramel note in Lady V's Midnight Snack. This is like an apple version! I am also totally getting the butter -- this is sweet gooey buttery caramel apple. I am feeling strongly tempted. Oh, also getting that slightly smokey note Luna mentioned!

MissD - you're not alone, I can't find the apple yet either. But MYGOSH! What I am getting is drool worthy and going on my FB list. Hope it sticks around long enough to snag one! I'm falling ALL OVER myself for that butter note - buttered caramel pecan awesomeness. Should apple find it's way to recognition, I cannot fathom how it would negatively impact any decision I've made on needing a FB :D

I get apple now :lol: ,but did not when I first tried it! ,course I had on everything,hah...this turns smokey-ish eventually,will be trying more in a few days...it's always so intriguing to see how they mellow and bloom

This is a really delicious caramel apple scent. I wish I got some of this smokiness some of you noticed because this is straight up foody on me. I do get more caramel/pecan out of it than anything else, Punky is heavier on the apple to my nose (so far) but I can tell there's apple in there. It is just well dressed :)

This one is SO weird!!

It starts out a lovely, gooey, warm autumn scent; apples and caramel and sweet dried leaves - not fresh apple, but sweet cooked applesauce.

I'm thinking Yay, full bottle!

But after a while something in it starts to take over; the dried fall leaves conspire with the hint of smokeyness in the distance. It's like the scent of a smothered, wet fire; not very pleasant at all.

In the distance, the caramel and the applesauce are still jumping up and down, trying to get my attention, but for the moment they are completely drowned out by the wet, burning leaves.

I'm going to have to try this again later, since the initial stage is so lovely...

I'm getting a similar scent to what Blackcat described - gooey, buttery caramel apple.. I thought that this would be like Cheeky, but with caramel. But it has a totally different feel to it. More lush and comforting..

This one is my FAVORITE of the "Weenies", think this it's the SALT ! I've been on caramel/salt kick lately, just wanna swim in it !! :Emoticons0086:

hope there's FB left by the time I can order w/o melting the CC

This one smells quite faint on me. I get the apple & with soft nutty undertones but not much else. Not at all what I expected. I thought this would be a full on foodie scent but it's a very light fragrance on me.

• 5 weeks later...

This reminds me A LOT of Potion 31: they're both fruity cake with a pronounced EVIL feel! Absolutely fascinating. My nose is inferring nutmeg into it. A huge scoop of salty butter on apple brown betty.

Edited by tyvey

• 4 weeks later...

Pulled this out for the first time in quite a while and wow! It's aging so beautifully! I still get salted caramel apple, but it's richer and more buttery, if that's possible. Delectable and comforting on a cold winter's night.

• 2 months later...

I tried this yesterday, and it's nice, but I think it's definitely not a "me" scent. Too foodie for my tastes.

I could really smell the caramel (which my nose initially interpreted as coffee, probably because I like caramel-y lattes and cappuccinos), but no apple. I think it would have appealed to me more if I had gotten a sharp bit of green apple or something. Something to counteract the sweet richness of the caramel.