EBIL-ish 2014

Beccah

AD-Ebil-ish2014_1.jpg

EBIL-ish 2014

This is the dark side of vanilla: the deepest most dreadful collection of that perennial favorite…an unholy trinity of vanilla bean, vanilla bourbon and vanilla absolute blended with 20-fold EO and vanilla oleo resin, EBIL-ly seasoned with spiced chai and clove bud EO then buried in the depths of mysteriously exotic Egyptian black musk. Fans of our Carpe Noctum fragrance may find themselves feeling a little EBIL…ish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

VANILLA (contains black vanilla, vanilla absolute, 20 fold EO, vanilla oleo resin, vanilla bean) ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
BLACK & EGYPTIAN MUSKS ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
CLOVE BUD EO ~Money
attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies.
CHAI SPICES ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

Scent: Rich vanilla extract with a hint of booziness, spiced with warm clove.

This is the first one I tried out of the Weenie sampler! The box was barely open before Ebil-ish was on my arm! Now when I first read the description, particularly the "rich vanilla extract with a hint of booziness," I immediately thought of Sugared Vanilla Bean (which I absolutely love, and would describe in almost the exact same words- maybe subtract "a hint of" ) and thought naively to myself that this one must be a lot like it, I probably don't "need" both. I know, I know, I'm an innocent lamb, aren't I? :lol:

It is actually quite different, not just SVB + spices. I was extremely concerned about the spices, by the by, because of the way my skin amps cinnamon, but they are not a problem here. I can smell them, but they stay where they belong, as part of the scent, rather than turning into an unrelenting sledgehammer. The drydown is a beautiful, softly spiced, musky vanilla. It lasted well on me, several hours from a dab, but didn't survive overnight (which is fine, but some LPs do have that kind of tenacity, which is why I mention it!) The musk in this comes across as clean without being soapy. My man claims Ebil-ish smells like my clean skin does. I'm just a little skeptical (heh) but I think his general impression, at least, is correct...for all its richness, it is still not a heavy scent that screams "I'm wearing a vanilla perfume!" I really like it.

This is my biggest surprise. I'm smitten hard core. I'm buying multiple bottles because this is the perfect vanilla musk skin scent. The spices are barely there. I didn't even like the first version! This is totally different to me. Loveeeeee!

I am crying. I cannot smell this. It was the same for me with the original Ebil-ish. I just slathered some on. It is pretty but so so faint to my nose. My husband says "it's vanilla, and it is definitely there" when I asked him if he could smell it (and he liked it). So it's just me :-(

I don't know if I have the "vanilla blindness" that Mara has discussed. I can smell and taste vanilla extract, and I can smell vanilla in LP original, pink, black, etc. Not sure why Ebil-ish treats me so badly.

I am crying. I cannot smell this. It was the same for me with the original Ebil-ish. I just slathered some on. It is pretty but so so faint to my nose. My husband says "it's vanilla, and it is definitely there" when I asked him if he could smell it (and he liked it). So it's just me :-(

I don't know if I have the "vanilla blindness" that Mara has discussed. I can smell and taste vanilla extract, and I can smell vanilla in LP original, pink, black, etc. Not sure why Ebil-ish treats me so badly.

Okay, so after dry down, it did eventually bloom a little on my skin such that I could smell it. And I can still smell it faintly this morning. It is a sweet, delicate vanilla to me.

Noses are so weird.

Sept 29 edited to add: I'm wearing it again today, and I believe that I'm starting to smell it more. For sure, when I huff my wrist, I'm getting it, and am even catching lovely wisps of it without huffing slathered body parts. It's still not "dark" but at least it is "vanilla"!

Surprisingly, the spices are also hiding from me. Spices usually amp. I can detect the faintest clove not when wet, and on drydown it is elusive vanilla and some nice musks (actually smells a little like white musk, though that's not a listed ingredient).

Edited by xev

This one was a total surprise to me. When I put it on, I first thought, oh, my goodness, yes, full bottle, perhaps two bottles, perhaps at least one of those bottles boosted with Sexology or SS4W. I got the vanilla and spices and musk and was in heaven.

The more it dried, though, the more unisex it became. It settled into an extremely clean, spicy musk. It is in fact a lovely scent, but the longer I sniffed my wrist the more I concluded was that I really wanted to do with it was slather it on an attractive man. Sadly, none is available to me for those purposes. But I seriously think a dude could rock this one. It's almost like a masculine Sneaky Clean.

I keep going back and forth on whether I want a bottle or not. I do love this, as a scent -- it's complex, dark and very beautiful. But it may be a little too solidly in the unisex/masculine camp for me. As I said, I think what I want is to smell it on someone else!

Wow, this is very different from the Original on my skin.

This is mostly a vanilla/Egyptian musk scent. With "a little something" beneath it. Pretty- vanilla. Lots of vanilla, that soapy clean musk. Almost skin musk'ish. Very little spice, the spice is buried deep down it's not especially notable, just part of the mix. I loved the first edition (you can see the description on the other thread), so much so that I went FB right off with my sampler. I like this and I'm glad I have a bottle.

I agree with Blackcat's comment, a guy could wear this, provided he likes vanilla.

It's interesting, the original Ebil-ish was distinctive, a definite personality of it's own.

This current version is a much cleaner slate, you could easily layer this with something... Sugared Pumpkin, Earth or Lilly?

Even given my limited ability to smell this (which seems to get better as time goes on btw), this is really feminine. Late in the day dregs of this (after morning application) are reminiscent of Pink Sugar or Midnight Masquerade.

I wish I would have saved that tiny bit from my old one to compare. I do think that one was spicier. Doesn't mean this one isn't absolutely intoxicating though!! It's like sweet smokey spun sugar. GRMMM! I want to eat it!!! It's like some exotic slightly toasted cotton Candy. Whatever that means.

I don't really get the "clean" thing others are saying. It smells really gooey to me.

I love it.

I really really like this one. It starts out with heavy vanilla and spice, but it dries down to a soft skin musk with a hint of spice, with slight vanilla undertones. I had to order another bottle of this!!

This one amped on me intently. Something very perfume and floral. I think it was the vanilla? I smelled floral so strong I had to wash it off. Looking at the description it must've been the oak moss. Smells great in the vial though. I was hoping the spice notes would tame the other notes. Musk never agrees with me even though I love the smell. Boo Hoo. I have found that If I'm careful, I can wear scents that don't like my skin in my hair. I just put a dab on my hands and run it through the hair.

I am surprised that I like this one this much! It is pretty strong until it dries.....but afterwards it is just one of those warm scents that I could get lost in......it's not foody, it's not dark, it's not perfumey....it just IS.....I know that sounds weird. But it just melds perfectly with my skin......I feel sorry for those who can't get this one to work for them.

Raq, I would urge you to try to last through the amping.....it amps on me too, but not uncomfortably though. And then, it turns into a GORGEOUS skin scent. And, uh....oakmoss is not in this one......

Edited by Dolly

I got a bottle unsniffed and now have an extra on the way.

Comparing this with the original - first let me say that the original version has aged beautifully, it's a wonderfully smooth slightly spicy primarily black musk scent now - while the original reminded me somewhat of Carpe Noctum when it was new, the 2014 version starts out with a big kiss of the bourbon vanilla but then settles down into that beautiful Egyptian musk I love from other of Mara's creations, like Phantom's Breath and Crayons: Indigo. It's not really spicy at all to me, and thus I am smitten, heh.

It's rare that my family comments on my scents anymore, but this got a compliment from both hubby and daughter, 10 hours after I applied it. Felt wrapped in warmth and comfort all day. One of those scents that I loved wet out of the bottle and until the very last whiff of it disappeared.

I wasn't sure what to expect of this, as clove can sometime over-amp on me to the point of nausea. What a WONDERFUL surprise though! It is a perfect balance of vanilla, musk and just a touch of spice that gives it that little yummy edge without being overly foodie. I expected Warm & Toasty to be a clear favorite for me in this bunch, but W&T is a distant second to Ebil-ish '14. I still need to see if it will last for awhile without needing to re-slather... lately scents that I absolutely love are being sucked into my pores all too quickly.

I tried layering this with Sugared Cream and it is delightful :cat690:

This rounds off my top 3 favorites and would prob be my 1st choice but I'm a lil sensitive to the spicey musk. It's not the lp which is very exotic, well blended vanilla with a perfect hint of spice but my nose is sensitive to certain spices, the sexiest scent this month tho.

This is my very first review, after being an introverted stalker on these forums for awhile. I cannot contain my excitement over this scent any longer! I read the description and ingredients and bought a FB without even smelling this and I have absolutely no regrets. This is a beautiful, spicy, warm vanilla scent. It's rich and elegant. I can see myself wearing this often, day or night. I love it!

I absolutely LOVE EBIL-ish 2014 but I just wish it was heavier/lasted longer on me! I'm blowing through the bottle just trying to keep the scent at a level where I can smell it (other than cramming my nose into my arm!) Lately it seems like stuff I love isn't lasting very long on me - not sure if that means there are certain common notes that just get sucked into my chemistry or what. I'd love to know if anyone got this in the silicone base and if it makes any difference with the scent throw.

I absolutely LOVE EBIL-ish 2014 but I just wish it was heavier/lasted longer on me! I'm blowing through the bottle just trying to keep the scent at a level where I can smell it (other than cramming my nose into my arm!) Lately it seems like stuff I love isn't lasting very long on me - not sure if that means there are certain common notes that just get sucked into my chemistry or what. I'd love to know if anyone got this in the silicone base and if it makes any difference with the scent throw.

Well, it doesn't come in a silicone base....that is only for the Unscented pheros....unless Mara has started doing something I don't know about. BUT you can buy some of the silicone from Mara, put down a layer of that on your skin, and then apply the scents that are disappearing over that. Some people are having good luck doing that.

I am wearing Ebil-ish now, and am sooooo glad I got a second bottle. It is sheer and sexy as hell with my chemistry. Right now, I am testing its cops covering ability. Added a few drops of Essence Oil to my skin straight up, letting it dry down, and them I am going to cover with Ebil-ish.

Well, it doesn't come in a silicone base....that is only for the Unscented pheros....unless Mara has started doing something I don't know about. BUT you can buy some of the silicone from Mara, put down a layer of that on your skin, and then apply the scents that are disappearing over that. Some people are having good luck doing that.

I am wearing Ebil-ish now, and am sooooo glad I got a second bottle. It is sheer and sexy as hell with my chemistry. Right now, I am testing its cops covering ability. Added a few drops of Essence Oil to my skin straight up, letting it dry down, and them I am going to cover with Ebil-ish.

LOL thanks Dolly, obviously the "newbieness" hasn't worn off yet... I forgot that it only applied to the UNs. Good advice though, and worth a try to keep a scent I really like. Thanks :wub:

It doesn't have crazy throw on me, it sticks close, but lasts and lasts....appears to cover straight essence oil seamlessly as well....

This one was a NICE surprise ! I agree Dolly, it is sheer/light on me as well, but this potion keeps me "huffing"

still can't believe I hated vanilla scents before LPs :huh:

Wet this is all very boozy vanilla. After it drys it is the PERFECT blend of light vanilla, faint spices and musk. It wears pretty close but it does last on me. I have gotten several compliments already so I just ordered second bottle boosted with SS4W.

This brew works a lot better for me than the initial brew did. With the first I think I amped the clove quite a bit & the vanilla was a lot more heavy & intense, almost like a boozy vanilla (which I mostly don't get on with). This brew is a lot more up Rosebud's alley :) It does remind me quite a bit of Sugared Vanilla Velvet. The scent is more "perfumey" with a vanilla that is a lot lighter than the original brew, and it's more of a non-foody vanilla. I don't get boozy vanilla from this but it may deepen a bit as it ages. It's accented beautifully with light notes of clove & soft musks. I can't really detect any chai spices, but then I'm not complaining, I'm usually not a huge fan of spice as I tend to amp them.

Over all I really like this brew. Definitively FB worthy :D

@seajammarket, I can see the SS4W boost, great idea, I'm leaning more towards a LFM boost. I feel very grounded and balanced with this scent, as well as sexy, and I think LFM would complement that beautifully.

Normally I gravitate towards sweet foody and floral scents, but I've thrown them all to the curb since I've gotten EBIL-ish last week. This is one hella sexy vanilla, with hints of spice, and a long lasting base of musk. The musk isn't heavy and dark. To me it offers a bit of sweetness that offsets the chai spice beautifully.

All week I've been slathering Ebil-ish onto the back of my hands and huffing like a mad woman all day. It's definitely one of the longer lasting scents I've tried so far. I'm stocking up today.

@androstenol... I agree that a LFM boost would work magic with Ebil-ish.