EBIL-ish 2014

Beccah

I love the vanilla musk part but the musk and clove take it a touch too masculine for my personal taste. Also, when I was wearing it, I got into an elevator alone, and for only the second time in my life I felt a clearly not-super=well-meaning almost physically detectable spirit get into the elevator with me :o It left the elevator partway down with a kind of "eh never mind" / dismissive air. Guess I wasn't interesting enough for it :D Maybe the blend made me more aware?? well named I guess :D

• 2 weeks later...

Question re: getting cops added to this scent

If I pay for a 'shot of cops' will this change the scent of Ebil-ish substantially ?

Also, how does a 'shot of cops' compare to the amount I would be getting if I added something like LFN ? Basically I'd like some cops but I adore this fragrance for sexy times and don't want to change it too much...advice ?

Additional info: I love every cops blend from LPMP, so I don't seem to be super-sensitive to cops like a few are. But I do know they have a smell of their own :)

Wow I thought I would hate this. I really hated the last one from 2012? Is this even the same vibe? The last one smelled like leaked anus to me, not saying that to be funny I know what leaky anus smells like. I have a tear for some reason and it heals then it rips, and the skin rip with it being at the crack of my ass has this weird smell to it. Not like when you go to the bathroom but like skin meets body sweat and it sits there, Yes I do smell everything because I need to know when it's time to go to the doc. I am told this is from either wiping to hard or being constipated. Anyhow TMI but that is what last version smelled like to me. This year's version smells very very elegant to me! It smells grown up, and warm. Initially I get a warm delicious skin scent, that morphs into a very cozy and spicy type of smell. It's almost like wearing a nice comfy sweater indoors on a cold day on your couch. I cannot believe how much I am enjoying this! It's giving me that whole.. lazy sex kitten purring on the couch vibe!

I told you Vic!!! Remember when I got mine and kept saying how incredible it was and you and Tyvey didn't believe me? I hated the first one too!

As did I! And now? Love it...

I know. I felt like you guys thought I was crazy! It was fucked up.

I was totally fucked up that I didn't believe you, I remember shaking my head and saying.. NO WAY FUCK NO.. I was just sniffing this again and I am picturing a boost. I think I might just boost this bitch with SS4W.

Yes I do smell everything because I need to know when it's time to go to the doc.

AUGH this killed me. Midstream in a classic LV hyperbolic sequence is this sudden matter-of-fact, chipper, practical note. LMAO

It's almost like wearing a nice comfy sweater indoors on a cold day on your couch.

I misread this as 'cooch' and was very confused.

OK I guess I have to try this again to see if I can perceive it as less masculine. Maybe add a smidge of vanilla velvet...

I was totally fucked up that I didn't believe you, I remember shaking my head and saying.. NO WAY FUCK NO.. I was just sniffing this again and I am picturing a boost. I think I might just boost this bitch with SS4W.

I boosted 2nd bottle with SS4W and it is THE BOMB

I wore this today and LLLUUUUUUUVVVVVEEEDDD it !! I think I need a full bottle ! sometimes it remind me of Time Travel Potion and I swear to gawd I got a whiff of Everything Nice (original)

I keep coming back to this scent and not bothered by the clove anymore, it's the smooth velvet vanilla that sticks in my mind long after I've worn it. I have no idea what boost would be best but I would take a chance on SS4W, it would be fun to test this scent to it's full potential.

AUGH this killed me. Midstream in a classic LV hyperbolic sequence is this sudden matter-of-fact, chipper, practical note. LMAO

I misread this as 'cooch' and was very confused.

OK I guess I have to try this again to see if I can perceive it as less masculine. Maybe add a smidge of vanilla velvet...

I can see where it can come off as masculine, this might even be good boosted with BB or Teddy BB for PMS when you just want to eat and sleep, but I really do think that it's sexxxy

I boosted 2nd bottle with SS4W and it is THE BOMB

Did you get in spray or oil? I would love to spray my sheet with this. It smells so cozy.

I keep coming back to this scent and not bothered by the clove anymore, it's the smooth velvet vanilla that sticks in my mind long after I've worn it. I have no idea what boost would be best but I would take a chance on SS4W, it would be fun to test this scent to it's full potential.

See I don't mind the clove, I think for me that might be the part that is making it sexy since I associate clove with men, lumberjacks in the rain in particular.

• 2 weeks later...

I spiked a bottle with a pretty good load of cops, and the vanilla/musk combo covers like a champ! My man loves this.....I went outside when he got home yesterday, to help him unload some stuff from his car, and he said....."OOOOOH, I smell you! I always have loved that one!!".......ALWAYS leads to a veeeeeery interesting evening! Last night, he was asking me at 5:30....."So, is it time for bed yet?"

I keep going back and forth on this one...

At first sniff, I went running to my computer to order a bottle (or two).

But after a while, the initial sweetness takes a back seat and something else comes to the front; something dark and somehow serious smelling.

It's not unpleasant, but I miss the vanilla that it starts out with; the scent morphs into something really solemn on my skin.

Maybe I will try layering it with something sweeter (probably a good dose of Occo White to start out with!).

I might get another sample to play with some more while I try and make up my mind.

Edit: Tyvey, I see that you read this as masculine!

I think that is what is happening on my skin as well. Hmm, interesting.

Now I wish I had a fella to try this out on....

Edited by ssupytalp

• 2 weeks later...

I got a sample in November and wasn't sure at first. I think wet it registered as a bit masculine.....later smelled the same spot and I loved it. The musk lightens on me leaving more of a spiced vanilla. I now have a full bottle ordered.

Everyone's reviews here made me interested in Ebil-Ish in September, and then October releases came out and it was re-released, yaaay! This is the strongest vanilla blend I have in my collection now and it's just gorgeous. It's probably the 20 fold vanilla that is doing it, but this scent goes on and stays strong. Usually my body slurps up vanilla and I go nose-blind pretty quickly to it, but this one doesn't go anywhere but up and out so I don't waste any by over-applying.

The vanilla with underlying musk is very present, with the clove and chai spices providing a great spark periodically to balance. Just when your nose is about to go, "Oh yeah vanilla," the spices reinvigorate the scent and make it more than just a skin-sweet musk. I feel like my own autumn dessert wearing this.

Hmmm... I could see maybe adding this with my Flying Potion 2014 trial.

I wore this again last night just because I'm a big old joiner and when I saw the review thread pop up again, I thought "ohhh yeah haven't worn that one in a little while!"

It is still amazing...so vanilla-y and just-right-spicy and good. I think it is actually improving with age, the spices are just melting together as time goes on. Definitely grab it while you can.

So, I love this scent. I've already stated this. One day though it turned on me and I was heartbroken! I got the dreaded play-doh smell!

I'm so grateful that I can look though the forums here to find out others have experienced this before and they have offered advice on it! THANK YOU!!! It seems that it must be related to different times of the month for me and NOT related to my perfume deciding that all of a sudden it hates me.

I'll have to test this to figure out when I can and cannot wear this OR better yet, I can make this into a spray and that should work as well.

Edited by tink333

And I find that with me, it isn't that my skin chemistry changes too much during the month, but often my PERCEPTION of certain scents changes at varying times during the month. For instance, I may love a scent for weeks, then HATE it for a few days, then back to loving it, even though it never smells "different" to me.....just appealing vs unappealing.....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cutie.pie

In the vial I get vanilla, but my skin soaks it all up and all I get is spiceness. I'm sad it doesn't last on my skin. (But not too sad, because it's sold out, so it would be tragic if I had liked it too much lol) :)

• 3 months later...

I put this on tonight and i get this very nice combo vanilla and musk. The spices are very light on my skin, they are definitely there but they stay subtle (I'm glad about this as i usually amp spices).

This smells very sophisticated to me. It's sweet and inviting but also clean smelling too, i really like it!

ETA: I woke up this morning and i can still smell this one on my skin! It has staying power alright! And the scent hasn't really changed.

Edited by ephoebe23

• 2 years later...

I love that Ebil-ish is referred to as "the dark side of vanilla." It just so damn good. i get that you're all trying to invoke spring, I'm trying to stay warm and get laundry done while watching the end of the Goblet of Fire. i think I like a boozy vanilla, this is a grown-up vanilla for sure. This vanilla has never met a cupcake it couldn't strike down with just one fire-y glance. It's a sexy, dangerous vanilla. The musks make it sultry and seductive, but the clove seals the deal, this vanilla is not messing around. I'm glad I have a mostly full bottle, I think I need like 10 more.

• 6 months later...
On 11/5/2014 at 3:49 PM, LadyVictoria said:

Wow I thought I would hate this. I really hated the last one from 2012? Is this even the same vibe? The last one smelled like leaked anus to me, not saying that to be funny I know what leaky anus smells like. I have a tear for some reason and it heals then it rips, and the skin rip with it being at the crack of my ass has this weird smell to it. Not like when you go to the bathroom but like skin meets body sweat and it sits there, Yes I do smell everything because I need to know when it's time to go to the doc. I am told this is from either wiping to hard or being constipated. Anyhow TMI but that is what last version smelled like to me. This year's version smells very very elegant to me! It smells grown up, and warm. Initially I get a warm delicious skin scent, that morphs into a very cozy and spicy type of smell. It's almost like wearing a nice comfy sweater indoors on a cold day on your couch. I cannot believe how much I am enjoying this! It's giving me that whole.. lazy sex kitten purring on the couch vibe!

Omg this was awfully descriptive I was not expecting to read that on this thread LOL :rofl222: But overall I see majority on this thread like it... I can't wait to try the 2018 version! And hopefully the 2019 and more! haha If I like it I'm deff going to add some cops to it! 

Wow, this one ages really well. I wasn't a fan when I tried it to begin with. I'm kind of picky about vanilla + musk combos because of my memories of dollar store vanilla-musk body sprays growing up. *shudder  Almost 10 yrs of LP experience & I should know better than to discount Mara's brews before they've aged. 

1 hour ago, luna65 said:

I think EBIL-ish is one of those scents which does do really well with aging - the original version was like that too.

I imagine I'll buy the new one but not touch it for a few years since I'm doing okay with two of these. I'm having the same experience with the OCCO Ambrosia's, wildly different scent arenas, but they need time to ripen. Or, rather, to go past ripe.

Edited by Eastwood22