Feed The Flowers

Beccah

AD-FeedTheFlowers_1.jpg

Feed The Flowers

The beautiful melancholy of a funereal mood...a hint of smoke in the air, dried dusty flowers and the freshly-turned earth of an open grave...a bouquet of deep dark roses, geranium and stargazer lily mingled with earth, dry leaves and a drop of hay and dusted with mysterious resinous notes of myrrh, sandalwood, storax and benzoin. Finished with woodsmoke, powdery musk and a final kiss of white and powdered sugars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

BLACK ROSE ATTAR ~ Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
GERANIUM ~ Cleansing, hex-breaking, protection,
peace of mind, stability of emotions; love, healing, fertility.
LILY ~ Purity, modesty.
Wards away evil, protects, and breaks enchantments. Prosperity, happiness, wealth, excitement.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.
HAY ~ Friendliness, fruitfulness.
STORAX ~ Healing, mental acuity, relaxation, sensual, love drawing, deflection of negativity.
BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification
, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.
SUGAR ~
Attracts
love
, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

Scent: Gothy dried flowers accented with dusty resins.

Ok, so I wasn't too excited about this one initially. Something about the idea of dusty dried flowers didn't really appeal to me. Plus I don't really know what some of the ingredients are even supposed to smell like (storax?? :huh: )

Having now tried it, my advice is to just put it on already and stop waffling over the dusty dried flowers bit! This is a really beautiful floral. I get the hay in the background, and it gives it a very autumnal feel that reminds me of fall back when we lived in rural Kansas. I get very little smoke and just a sort of underlying sweetness. Despite the resins, it doesn't wear like what I would call a resinous scent, so don't be skeerd if that's not your thing. The whole shebang pulls together beautifully. It's hard commenting on the "volume" of any given floral blend when individual chemistry can really mess with that for some people, all I can say is that I do not find the flowers here at all shrill or piercing, for whatever that's worth. :) I really like this one.

I know!! I felt the same way. I meant to put this one aside during blind testing so I wouldn't accidentally grab it and reek of flowers all night. No this one is gorgeous. The Rose doesn't really come out on me it is more of the geranium but even that doesn't last too long. I have always loved geranium but it is never in the right blend for me.

What sticks is the myrrh and sandalwood I think (I also don't really know what storax is) but this was a shocker. I need to take it for a full days spin though. I can't decide if I will wear it enough for a FB. We'll see after I wear it today.

OH!! THE EARTH!!! That is what I loved so much the first time I tried it. I love the earth note!!!!!! That came out very well on me.

I found this very wearable as well, very autumnal in feel... On my skin, it did take a while during drydown to go from a 'pointy' feeling floral, to a rounded one, but it DID get there, and became gorgeous on. Slightly spicy, dry floral...love it!

Storax is a type of resin which comes from a tree. It has a sweet characteristic to it usually.

I wonder if that is what I am smelling. It is a strange sweetness that I really really like. I've had it on about an hour and it is just perfect. Totally different than what I wear. It's got a really comforting feel to it. I paired it with LFM and I think it fits.

I wonder if that is what I am smelling. It is a strange sweetness that I really really like. I've had it on about an hour and it is just perfect. Totally different than what I wear. It's got a really comforting feel to it. I paired it with LFM and I think it fits.

Ah me too! I thought it must be the sugar but it doesn't really smell sugary.

This is a very dusty, dry floral on me. I'm picturing a vase of flowers that have died and are all crackly and flaking apart. Or a spooky old cemetary, flowers on headstones, Halloween night. I'm also getting a smoky spiciness too.

In the vial this has the deep dark intense Goth characteristic of the concept, but on me it softens and goes kind of soapy very quickly. I wasn't really expecting that at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, this is lovely!

It smells floral and herbal (and I smell the dirt, too!) but in a very subdued, calm way; very grounded / grounding.

I can smell the geranium coming through, a fresh green accent, but it doesn't overwhelm as geranium can sometimes do on me; instead, it blends into the whole in one lovely swirl of flowers.

It does not really smell of fresh flowers per se, but I would not say it smells of dried flowers either, that gives the wrong idea.

Perhaps it smells of beautiful paper flowers?

There is something a bit distanced here. It reminds me of the stage of a play, with very credible creations of flowers, of a garden.

A garden in moonlight that is; it is very much a nocturnal smell for me.

There is something so calm and serene about it...

You know how you can be outside at night and you do hear noises of the city/other people but they are all very far away - the air around you is very quiet, very still, very peaceful.

I think I might use this scent when I am feeling stressed and hyper and over-burdened; like an oasis of moonlit serenity, just for me.... :nice09715:

• 4 months later...

Whether I like this one or not seems to depend on my mood and the time of the month. Yesterday, I liked it. The idea of dead flowers didn't really appeal to me at first, either, but on me it goes perfumey (in a nice way) fairly quickly. It's not one that I think I would like a bottle of, but I will enjoy my vial.

• 10 months later...

I received this as a gift and I am very grateful. It is not a scent I would pick myself but now I am really in love and even considering FB. I am usually not that good to pin point all different notes in a perfume, but in this one - I smell the dead flowers, the dirt (I love the dirt!), the smoke.. So I am pretty proud of myself ;)

Feed the flowers is to my nose very similar to Hauntings (except the rose smell in Feed the flowers, which is very subtle yet prominent. But not bothering me at all - which not that usual. I actually like it) . I am still trying to decide which I like better, but I think Feed the flowers wins.

• 5 months later...

One day I wanted a floral, but not a bright Spring happy floral, a more subdued floral. So, I dug out my Feed The Flowers sampler which I had only ever swiped one tiny swipe and this was my first impression -

“Getting earth and leaves on first sniff, then a sweetness comes out." But totally a floral sweetness, no food in this one at all. I am not much on straight floral scents, so I don’t think this one smells like me, but it’s still good. I almost smell dill weed on me in this. It still dries down into a nice scent.”

So, one day, I wore it for real all day and it was surprisingly pleasant after it dried down. Wet, I get (what?) a lot of dill! Just like the first swipe. I don’t mind dill with my flowers. I smell the earth, the faint wisp of smoke. In the end, it is just nicely sweet and I also agree a little herbal. My nose is always picking up that “dill” note whatever it’s coming from. I also feel like I smell a little lemony/lime thing. I do smell hay which I like and I do agree that this makes it more an autumnal scent. But it’s a nice autumn floral, a little spooky. It’s very interesting and I do now own a FB. It sticks with me all day long!

• 3 months later...

Got this as a sample with my LP #9 (which during pregnancy is coming off as a lime musk, instead of orange but I digress) wet it smells like salad which scared me because I hate eating vegetables so why would I want to smell like them? But dry it's all green flowers and spring garden dirt and I love it so much! It smells calm and exactly like a Luke warm spring day when the grass just starts to grow again and it's finally warm enough to go without a big coat ?