Punky

Beccah

AD-Punky_1.jpg

Punky

A dreadfully delightful pumpkin treat to haunt your gourmand dreams: lightly-spiced cake-y pumpkin accords, mixed in with brown sugar and a touch of maple, plus a dash of apple butter and a handful of pecans, pralines and chestnuts, then slathered with cream cheese frosting and served upon a base of gothic-minded patchouli and Indian oud. Fans of our Vicars & Tarts fragrance will shriek with joy to make the acquaintance of Punky!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
SUGAR ~
Attractslove
, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility,
good luck, happiness, immortality, fortelling spells.
NUTS ~ Fertility, prosperity, love, luck, fortitude.
PIE SPICES ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
OUD (Agarwood)~Love
, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

Scent: Sweet pumpkin cake with a mysterious resinous base.

I didn't think I would like this one. *Looking at you, oud and patchouli*

Of course, I was wrong and I can never tell by notes alone if it'll be a win or not. I'm getting a nutty pumpkin apple, hints of maple and a touch of incense in the dry down. It's sweet and delicious smelling, but with a goth edge.

So this is my second fave!! Red Fyre has taken over my entire world right now but as soon as I calm down from that this will probably be pretty close to my fave. What shocked the hell out of me was the apple!! I did not know there was apple in this. When I did blind testing last night there was no doubt in my mind that this was Curioslity and I loved it!! (Which is probably why I was so disappointed in the actual Curiosity of which I have yet to get apple from.)

So the nuts are not too much (the only thing I was worried about. Nuts go nuts on me which is why I am not loving Warm and Toasty...review on that in a minute.)

This is the perfect fall scent on me made a lot more interesting with the patch and oud. I don't think anti-patch people should be worried about it though...at least on me it's not too much. Like Hearts said it makes it just a little goth and keeps it from the whole "craft store fall scent" thing.

I have tried this once. Wet, it was a lovely blend of all the listed ingredients. Spices did their usual thing and amped on me like crazy following dry down, but hey it's spice season so I just went with it. By the end of the day, it was mostly dry spices.

Looking forward to trying this one again. I don't get any smoke notes. I think oud is a resinous base note, right?

This smells predominantly apple to me; it is, of course, a spectacular blend of several notes, but everything else is playing carefully and respectfully around the apple. I'm not really picking out the oud or patchouli; they are serving to ground the foodier notes for me, but that being said, this doesn't feel like a foodie so much as an all-round autumnal evocation. I definitely get a vibe of woods, and red/gold maple leaves crackling underfoot (yes, foliage is starting to peak here in my neck of the woods!), evening coming on early and smoke from a distant chimney, etc. It is a little too apple for me -- apple and I are hardpressed to get along (I would like to come up with a clever cider joke here, but am fried from the day's work) but for anyone who loves apple, and fall, this is going to be spectacular.

After all the raves, I just had to try this one next! It smells absolutely nommable, there's definitely a good hit of juicy apple going on (though thanks to your reviews, I was prepared for it!) but all in all, it's well blended and the spices play nice for me, YAY! I LOVE the "mysterious resinous base," it really takes this one to another level. I love that I can smell so delicious while still smelling like a growed up lady ;)

Unh.. I love this. It's like a resin-y Heart Strings. Like I'm baking yummy spicy pumpkin cookies while burning some fabulous Autumny incense..

ETA later it was mostly spices on my skin.

Edited by Molls

I really like the resin base in this but the cumulative effect means that it's not foody on me at all, really. It makes me think of a darker version of AE 2009. I really wish I did get more sweetness even as I like the idea of it. It's one of those "Fall in a bottle" kind of scents for sure.

Everything in the description list screamed RAQ SCENT. I am trying this today and it keeps morphing. Out of the bottle it smelled like cookies or cake and within a half hour I was getting definite maple and oud. The oud started to take center stage and was a bit much so I was worried there for a minute. I could only smell perfume and not the yummy spice and foodiness. But now after about an hour it is a perfect mix! I like that it has the more sophisticated notes of oud and patchouli. For me it gives the whole scent a more complex, layered smell. Funny it smells different on my inner arm than my shoulder. I always put a dab on my shoulder so I can huff with ease LOL. So far this is really nice on me.

probably the closest I'll get to wearing patchouli (dang I LOVE patchouli). It's one of those that melts into my skin (in a good way, I mean a good match type of way) I think the nut note also gives it a more grown woman spicy scent rather than a playful foody scent.

• 1 month later...

This reminds me of a foodier, creamier version of LP Variant: Autumnal Equinox. Wet, I smell a lot of butter. As it dries, the fall scent really start to emerge on my skin. Not sure I can contribute anything else that hasn't already been said above. I have a FB of Autumnal Equinox and kept telling myself I don't need this as well. But it's sooo very comforting during that week of my period when I actually like food scents ( I stay clear of them the rest of the month). And since I neither eat gluten nor sugar anymore, this tricks my body into thinking I am treating myself without doing any damage. I MUST indulge !

• 2 weeks later...

I worried a bit about the oud. turns out i didn't need to! It's just the grounding note this needed, deep and rich against the pumpkin pie sweetness. the apple is perfect in this, in that it doesn't read on my skin as apple, more as a brightness. The patch came across as mildly floral, and it worked! Hours later, i was left with a skin like spicy smell that was to die for!

• 7 months later...

I forgot how much I liked this one! I think I'm going to use the sale as an excuse to get a FB! A very pretty pumpkin cream- the nutty notes plus the apple makes this smell delicious. I can't the patch isn't doing awful things on my skin!

• 1 month later...

I got this one in the sale and I really like it. I was a bit apprehensive of the maple. Maple does terrible things on my skin. The shift on this one was interesting. The first thirty minutes is all pumpkin-apple-sugar-vanilla goodness. Bakery style goodness. After that the maple really amped on my skin. It was so strong I almost took it off, but this phase did not last long at all and I was glad I waited it out. The dry down is where you get the woodsy/leaves vibe combined with the bakery smell. It is very very nice! Very fall.

• 1 month later...

I really like this. It started out sweet and spicy. I didn't think I smelled anything but the pumpkin spices and sugary goodness but while in the truck on the way to work I smelled little hints of apple. I wrote that off as the "leaves" car freshener I had put in last week but maybe not. On dry down it was a spicy smokey scent that was pleasantly there but not overpowering.

• 1 month later...

I got blasted by patchouli and oud on application, phew i was expecting cake lol!

It eventually calms down, it sort of has a green apple/ pine needle feel to it.

The scent really pulls itself together properly after it dries on the skin. Im getting a masculine and fleshy pumpkin pie, the spices are heavy and dark with woodiness in the background and it has a tinge of sharp clean apple floating around.