Red Fyre

Beccah

AD-RedFyre_1.jpg

Red Fyre

A red, hot enduring confectionery favorite since the 1930s, what would Halloween be without some fiery cinnamon bites! We pay heated tribute with this delicious dead ringer perfect for Autumn and for attracting that special someone who also likes to play with fire...a bevy of cinnamon EOs and a four-sugar blend, plus piquant black pepper EO and licorice root extract, finished with smooth amber resin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
BLACK PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, breaks hexes.
LICORICE ~ Love, lust, fidelity, sexual potency.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

Scent: Sweet and spicy cinnamon candy.

This is an *entirely* realistic representation of the candy! I drooled a little sniffing it, and then immediately started pairing it in my head wit some other autumnal scents, like sugared earth and Lina's Autumn Leaves. Deeelicious!

This is my complete and total favorite for the month. I never predicted that because as much as I like cinnamon as a supporting character I don't need to be reeking like a total cinnamon stick. I used to be one of those LP'rs that said "I amp cinnamon! Got to be careful with that!" I was not a big fan of the cinnamon one from the Crayon collection either (Vermillion or some such thing?)

Well this one smells nothing like the description on me. I did blind testing last night. Turned off all the lights lit a candle and just grabbed and tried them. TWICE I mistook this one as Punky! (I didn't really know what Punky smelled like, I was going off description memory) but I would have SWORN there was pumpkin cake in this. It ended up back in the pile twice on accident so I didn't know I had grabbed the same one. Both times I thought..."this is the pumpkin cake one!!!!!"

It smells more like cake than Candy on me especially after dry down.

This is one of those LP moments where I have found one I cannot live without!!

This reminds me of Red Hot cinnamon candies. As MDC mentioned, as it dries down, I'm getting that very light cake too. This would be a cinnamon crumble... Heavy on the cinnamon sugar. I think this scent would work well during Christmas time time too, with all it's cinnamon goodness! I don't smell any black pepper or licorice AT ALL. My skin turned a little red where I applied it, which is normal for cinnamon scents. Plus, my skin tends to be pretty sensitive.

This is quite the surprise! I tend to amp cinnamon, so I assumed I wouldn't be able to do this one, but the cinnamon is amazingly tempered here -- I don't know if it's the pepper or the licorice, but I get a soft slightly spicy cinnamon musk -- I was really surprised not to see musk among the notes. The longer this settles the more intriguing and complex it becomes. It's a very distinct and unusual scent. I can't decide if it's one I'd wear frequently enough to warrant a full bottle, but it's definitely one where I'll have fun wearing the sample.

I like cinnamon, and I love licorice.. but I still wasn't expecting to love this. I just don't know if I want to smell like cinnamon, lol. But I really like this one. Not sure if I'll get a bottle, but will definitely use my sample.. and like katz said, maybe layer it!

It's sweet and cinnamon-y. I want to eat it. I don't really get the pepper, unless it's just making it a bit spicier. The licorice is there and I love it..

I forgot about the licorice in this one. That must the edge of something that I'm not quite digging in this one. I did like it layered under Flying Potion.

This really smells like Red Hots in the vial for me. On my skin I'm getting the licorice forward, cinnamon in the background. It's interesting - and I like anise/licorice scents - but I don't think it's really sweet enough for me to want a bottle of.

• 2 weeks later...

That's so funny- I just came here to say I was delighted how sweet this is on me, especially in late drydown! It started out dead ringer for red hots, so delectable, but sweeter than my recall of the candy. As it dries I get the amber, warm and soft, not incensey in the least, and it gets sweeter and sweeter, even syrupy. No recognizable licorice. Just delightful.

WOW, this is SUPER cinnamon-y !!! on my 1st sniff it cleared my nose :D !!! smells like what a FIREBALL tastes like !

Guest cutie.pie

My budget didn't allow me to buy weenies this month, but I hope I'll grabb a sampler soon, because this one is very interesting and I think I'm gonna like it :)

CINNAMONNNNNNN!!!!!

Very sweet, very spicy holy moly this is CINNAMON!

It's, er, pretty loud on my skin... actually not bad-smelling, I like cinnamon, but very lound and rather one-note.

Edit: had to wash it off, it just became too overwhelming. :(

Edited by ssupytalp

When my sampler arrived, this was one of the only ones I could actually smell through the haze of my head cold!

I'm not sure I'm familiar with the candy it's meant to smell like, but one of my favourite candies is (and always has been) Hot Tamales, and that's totally what I get from this. When I was a little kid I used to walk from my grama's house to the barber shop to buy Hot Tamales, and they were always so popular in grama's house (I have 3 uncles who are closer in age to me than to my mum who are all Hot Tamale fans, too), that I often had to fight for them, so I always bought two boxes to share with my uncles! One whiff of Red Fyre and I can almost "smell" the barbicide that the shop used to smell of when I ran in there to get my precious treats :lol: Another Happy-Happy scent association for me from this month's sampler! Well done Mara! :D

Sometimes I think the perfumes I have happy scent memories from are the scents I love the best...

This has become my personal favorite. Every time I've worn it I've gotten compliments on it.

I've gotten told either I smell like red hots or cloves cigarettes or that I smell like I was at a bon fire.All smells that I love. I love that it lingers for a long hours too. I've worn it work (12hrs shifts) and still smell traces of it on my way home. I just ordered a full bottle of it and is considering ordering more.

I think I'm in love. :Emoticons04235:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest cutie.pie

Wearing this again today, and sadly the same problem I have with Cauldron Cake and (sometimes) Gimme Money happend...my skin became red and irritated on places I'd applied it :( I really need to get that scent locket!

• 6 months later...

I like cinnamon, and I love licorice.. but I still wasn't expecting to love this. I just don't know if I want to smell like cinnamon, lol. But I really like this one. Not sure if I'll get a bottle, but will definitely use my sample.. and like katz said, maybe layer it!

It's sweet and cinnamon-y. I want to eat it. I don't really get the pepper, unless it's just making it a bit spicier. The licorice is there and I love it..

Please ignore the idiotic comment I made in this previous post. I WANT TO SMELL LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME!!!

I may even need two bottles.

• 2 months later...

you guys there are no words for how amazingly this is aging. IT'S SO GOOD. It's mellower, less 'hot' than I remember, even sweeter. The amber has gotten all chewy and taffy-like. unfffff g nrom snorfle