different methods of phero application?

The rollerball applications are great for perfumes, but for the pheros I'm finding it difficult to truly "measure" how much I'm applying -- the amounts that are dispensed from the rollerball vary from application to application. My dime-sized circles contain different amounts of oil -- sometimes heavy, sometimes light. I seem to be such a phero-lightweight that I really want to be able to control a little more effectively how much I am applying and not just trying to guess if my lollipop has any blank spots in it's path or is extra saturated this time around.

I was thinking about switching to a dropper bottle of some sort. I have a few bottles with euro droppers on hand but also have traditional dropper bottles as well. Does anyone here apply their pheros in drops and if so, which type of dropper do you prefer? Or, is there another method that you use? -- other than spray, which I also have but really do not like due to the fact that I get a hit if phero in my sinuses every time I spray some on. (Seriously, it's like this weird thing I do -- immediately and compulsively sniff as soon as i spray the pheros on my torso or wherever. I've started just spraying them into my palms and rubbing them on that way to avoid the huffing of them deep into my sinuses.)

I've also thought about transferring my pheros to bottles with orifice reducers or even just bottles with tiny lids so that I can rock the opening against my fingertips and apply "dots" of phero that way.

On days when I need the flexibility to quickly remove pheros, I use a scent locket. I cut up a quilted cotton round (the kind for removing nail polish) into 8 pieces like a pizza, and then gently move the roller ball around it until it is drenched, that takes about a drop of oil. The locket gets plenty warm from my body heat (it's metal) as I know from wearing scented pheros. I got mine from Michael's (the framing and arts store). It's difficult to overdose with this method, because the sliver of cotton wouldn't really absorb much more than a drop of oil before it started dripping out of my locket. I have also held it to the nozzle of a spray and drenched it that way.

I work with the public and so I do like the flexibility of this method. I can also 'touch up' easily towards evening or throw out the cotton and start with something new. I don't have to worry about how long the pheros are lasting on my skin, or whether they are being interfered with by my body chemistry.

This still isn't very precise, but maybe something for you to consider when trying out a new blend and being worried about being able to completely remove it if it doesn't agree with you.

The rollerball applications are great for perfumes, but for the pheros I'm finding it difficult to truly "measure" how much I'm applying -- the amounts that are dispensed from the rollerball vary from application to application. My dime-sized circles contain different amounts of oil -- sometimes heavy, sometimes light. I seem to be such a phero-lightweight that I really want to be able to control a little more effectively how much I am applying and not just trying to guess if my lollipop has any blank spots in it's path or is extra saturated this time around.

I was thinking about switching to a dropper bottle of some sort. I have a few bottles with euro droppers on hand but also have traditional dropper bottles as well. Does anyone here apply their pheros in drops and if so, which type of dropper do you prefer? Or, is there another method that you use? -- other than spray, which I also have but really do not like due to the fact that I get a hit if phero in my sinuses every time I spray some on. (Seriously, it's like this weird thing I do -- immediately and compulsively sniff as soon as i spray the pheros on my torso or wherever. I've started just spraying them into my palms and rubbing them on that way to avoid the huffing of them deep into my sinuses.)

I've also thought about transferring my pheros to bottles with orifice reducers or even just bottles with tiny lids so that I can rock the opening against my fingertips and apply "dots" of phero that way.

I think it's a matter of personal preference. I have a few Phero blends in dropper bottles (from last November) I don't really care for that method of apication myself. Maybe I'm just used to the rollers by now. But it's whatever works for you. The dropper bottles are oil based too. I don't see how they would be blended better than the roller bottles.

If your worried about even dispersion I'd shake either type well before use. Sprays usually hit me the hardest. So avoiding the sprays if you feel sensitive is a good idea.

Thanks so much you guys for the suggestions and links. :) but I think what I'm really asking for is a consistency from application to application that I'm not getting from the rollerball method. ("the roller ball method" ha! ) So, I was thinking that droppers might offer more consistency bc the drops are all the same size (or pretty close). Therefore, I would have an easier time tracking my path to the "sweet spot" with each phero. Or, if there is another application method that someone else has developed that works really well and provies a consistent amount dispensed. Sorry my question was not very clear!

Thanks so much you guys for the suggestions and links. :) but I think what I'm really asking for is a consistency from application to application that I'm not getting from the rollerball method. ("the roller ball method" ha! ) So, I was thinking that droppers might offer more consistency bc the drops are all the same size (or pretty close). Therefore, I would have an easier time tracking my path to the "sweet spot" with each phero. Or, if there is another application method that someone else has developed that works really well and provies a consistent amount dispensed. Sorry my question was not very clear!

Hi Cougarrific, I totally understand and have same question - which is why I didn't post, I don't have an answer. But I'm glad you asked bc I'm also interested if anyone has method beyond 'rollerball method' for the uns in oils.

I think dropper is great idea, if the un is transferred to a bottle with a dropper. Otherwise some phero loss could occur if using random dropper. I saw some cute crystal perfume 'holders' at Mashalls this past weekend and that thought crossed my mind. But they had some weird crystal wand deal or stubby stump. But would stil be able to use either to control/ monitor doses.

So I'll ask a dumb question- bc that's something I tend to do and I'm ok with that - can an un oil be put in an atomizer w/out alcohol and still 'go thru' the atomizer? Or is the oil too large or will it 'gunk up' the atomizer?

Or maybe, create a spray un w/ as little alcohol as possible (to keep strength up) but still be able to control dosing?

I have my fave unscented pheros in spray form, so I can really guesstimate much better via spritzing.

Me too! That's why I have no advice on the rollerball. I can understand the issue though because all my perfumes are oils and the consistency is different from roller to roller. Sprays are just more convenient to me. But the pheromas come out in droppers next month right? Can you just refill the dropper bottles? Or not? I've never gotten them I don't know if they are refillable.

Guest cutie.pie

I have my fave unscented pheros in spray form, so I can really guesstimate much better via spritzing.

Me too! It's easier for me to count sprays whilst finding my sweet spot.

You need the alcohol for a spray. The DPG is too thick to fly out.

Mara hasn't announced yet whether the phero trials will be droppers again yet.

Thanks Halo! What's the least amt of alcohol needed to convert to spray. Or is the full conversion needed? (2/3 alcohol 1/3 phero - or did I get that backwards?)

Guest cutie.pie

Thanks Halo! What's the least amt of alcohol needed to convert to spray. Or is the full conversion needed? (2/3 alcohol 1/3 phero - or did I get that backwards?)

Will this help? http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=4934&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=9710&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

• 5 weeks later...

On days when I need the flexibility to quickly remove pheros, I use a scent locket. I cut up a quilted cotton round (the kind for removing nail polish) into 8 pieces like a pizza, and then gently move the roller ball around it until it is drenched, that takes about a drop of oil. The locket gets plenty warm from my body heat (it's metal) as I know from wearing scented pheros. I got mine from Michael's (the framing and arts store). It's difficult to overdose with this method, because the sliver of cotton wouldn't really absorb much more than a drop of oil before it started dripping out of my locket. I have also held it to the nozzle of a spray and drenched it that way.

I work with the public and so I do like the flexibility of this method. I can also 'touch up' easily towards evening or throw out the cotton and start with something new. I don't have to worry about how long the pheros are lasting on my skin, or whether they are being interfered with by my body chemistry.

This still isn't very precise, but maybe something for you to consider when trying out a new blend and being worried about being able to completely remove it if it doesn't agree with you.

Love this idea! Have you ever used the earring lockets?

• 8 months later...

I wasn't sure where to post my question so I chose this thread as it's some-what related. And it'll be easier for people to pull up when they're searching. What are the best application points in spray for pheros if you DON'T want to be effected by them? I get afraid of applying to forearms/wrists because I'm a hand talker and always afraid that I'm being effected through the pheros wafting at me by way of my own theatrics! Eeek! Thank you. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you ladies! Back of knees - going to try that! I'm petite so I always wonder whether it'll actually waft *up* there (to their noses). Experimentation ensues.