Dark Desires w/ Heart Throb

AD-DarkDesires_1.jpg

PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
ESPRESSO BEAN ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.
COCOA BEAN ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
VANILLA BEAN ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
CARDAMOM ~ Lust, love.
CORIANDER ~ Love attracting, protection, peace, healing. Encourages people to fall in love.
JUNIPER ~ Emotionally calming, physically energizing. Attracts lovers, deflects thieves. Cleansing, purifying, love charms, exorcism, health.
BASIL ~ Creates empathy between couples; love, fidelity. Invigorates, protection. Mends quarrels.
ROSEMARY ~ Intellectual stimulation, purification, love, sensuality, wards against dark forces, invigorating.
MINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.

Scent: An exotic manly scent, deep and dark with hints of spice.

• 3 weeks later...

This is another ZOMGosh scent. I will be the first to admit that I like deeper scents but this is just unbelievable. There is a depth to this scent that very few scents have. At the same time, on top of that depth, there is a slight sweetness, not feminine by any means, that sits just on top and makes the underlying depth stand out even more. The sweetness almost comes across like the deep, very masculine violet of Bodice Ripper but I can only guess which of the ingredients does this - perhaps the vanilla, tobacco, cocoa/espresso ...

The Heart Throb pheromone mix will help you get laid. Check out the reviews in the unscented pheromone thread.

I don't know what else to say. Order this scent. Full bottle. Now. On second thought, don't. I will need some more bottles myself haha!

I'm going to try this one on the man when the sample arrives.

QG - I trust your reviews, and honestly, your tastes as well. You have shared some wonderful things that, as a woman, I have gone gah-gah over. I WISH my guy appreciated scent as much as you - and other men - do. The thing that kills me is I've made some men's samples into little "comfort me for bed sprays" and he's turned around and liked them well enough then >.

This one SOUNDS irresistible and I SO want to be bombed by Heart Throb! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I just threw this on and fuck yes! I don't know what ZOMGosh means, but this is an instant love scent. It appears as though a ton of stuff was thrown into the mortar and pestle with this one and I can see where QG says it is deep. I agree and I find that I like "deeper" fragrances as well. I am about to order some Steamy Daydreams which is deep and does magic for my nose.

I am definitely getting the cinnamon right away and that is a good thing. With undertones of choc and other spices. I immediately love this one and could give a flying fish if anyone else does. HOWEVER, it would be nice if some of the people with vaginas in this world would like it on me as well (schoolboy pokes through now and then).

This is right up there with the best of the best for me. I could pour it on a sundae!

I DID! I DID! And it should be here today or tomorrow...and I plan to slap it on his difficult, scent snobby self! I want to be "Heart Throbbed" :lol: and will do the above listed as an enticement to encourage what I hope will be a favorable response - to the scent too :D

What this reminds me of most directly is Sorcerer and its' successor Ambuscade. I primarily get the resin and herbal aspects of the scent, not any of the sweetness. I think Q would consider this a proper gent kind of scent but admittedly although I think it's nicely masculine it doesn't really turn me on because it's a little too herbal for my nose. If I smelled more of the base and mid-notes I likely would be purring for sure.

Yes, this is a surprise that I am giving my man for Christmas.....I tried it on myself from the vial, and got turned on.....he will definitely wear this! It smells so gooooood!

:Emoticons04284: This one will have to wait. I got Secret Sweetness instead of Dark Desires. But they were my forum freebies so I'm not complaining. I will happily take the SS. I will ask for DD again in my next order.

They DID send me Mark's Girl Nip, so I will play with that one in the interim. :) I'll be back when that happens (I just got the sampler for Dec, so it won't be THAT long LOL!)

Your a fool NuTrix, just sayin'

Wha?! Not my fault! I did ask for it, it's even on the invoice :D Just a packing oops, and since it was a forum freebie it just seems right to ask for it again in my next order rather than make a fuss ^_^ Don't worry - I'll get my mitts on it! :P

Ok QG & HappyGoSkillfully - I'm keeping you on my list of future contacts.

I DID re-request a sample of DD. But I also ordered a FB - unsniffed - in the HOPES that my fickle man will at least not hate this :D If he absolutely is a bugger about it and I don't love it enough to keep it for myself I will look to the 2 of you for a loving home.

This "looks" fantastic and complex and has a great MANY notes that I LOVE. I ordered the oil, thinking that it won't be as in his face as a spray. I know how distracted I am about wearing an irksome scent (or rather someone ELSE wearing it, lol) but I also know how WONDERFUL a great scent is to wear as well. I have had him change his mind about things when he's complimented on a fragrance as well (he's just such a stubborn fellow....) so I will need to plan for us to be out and about for the trial :)

Oh I didn't realized you asked for it. Not a fool then. And as far as a loving home for your DD...no risk

I've got your back

:D:hi5:

Ok QG & HappyGoSkillfully - I'm keeping you on my list of future contacts.

I DID re-request a sample of DD. But I also ordered a FB - unsniffed - in the HOPES that my fickle man will at least not hate this :D If he absolutely is a bugger about it and I don't love it enough to keep it for myself I will look to the 2 of you for a loving home.

This "looks" fantastic and complex and has a great MANY notes that I LOVE.

Haha - thank you for thinking of me - you know where to find me! But let's be positive - he will love it!

It took me a while for my nose to get used to the scents here but now that I am, most "commercial" scents smell like they have some kind of chemical after-scent to me. Which of course they do. Maybe find one LPMP he really likes and then hide his other scents until his nose detoxes.

Edited by quietguy

I'm going to remain optimistic ^_^ The Voracious, which he wore on weekends we were going to be together - and even then, only when I asked - he is now wearing weekdays and even to WORK - almost daily! He has been "coming around" to LPMP even more, generally with compliments about the fragrances and HOW much better than everyone else's (meaning commercial) and how unique they are. I SO want to come back with the victory dance on Dark Desires!

Would you consider this an all day, day or night scent? I mean, really, if it's as fantastic as you describe - will it matter? But I'd like to know what those of you who've tried it think.

Luna - is your description from the vial, from wearing on yourself or from what you thought of it on your fella? I'm curious about your herbal comments and what notes your picking out, is the juniper prominent?

Just the first two - I haven't given it to Quince to try yet. I would say it's just a general herbal quality to me, I think I get the rosemary the most. But blends with herbal notes tend to pop with my chemistry, so it will likely be an entirely different experience with your man.

I would consider it a night scent but it certainly is not a work scent. Esp. with the pheromone mix.

Just the first two - I haven't given it to Quince to try yet. I would say it's just a general herbal quality to me, I think I get the rosemary the most. But blends with herbal notes tend to pop with my chemistry, so it will likely be an entirely different experience with your man.

My guy LOVES rosemary. Wouldn't THAT be a pleasant surprise to lure him in with that little nugget of info! But yes, he and I wear things completely differently. I can't WAIT to try this out on him! Thank you Luna :heart:

I would consider it a night scent but it certainly is not a work scent. Esp. with the pheromone mix.

Um, YEAH. We're going to have to have another phero conversation :lol: He believes they're whoo-ey, but we'll have to make some rules for this one :D

I've been hoping to find something he approves of with SS4M. OH RATZ! I meant to order a sample of Blue for Men and forgot! Next order...but yes, as for Dark Desires, We'll have to talk about not wearing it to work - What a distraction he would be!

Or even if you find a non-phero'd scent you both like, you could always spike it with Charisma or SS4M .... B)

Here wind, here's your caution.

I'd say wear it anytime. IF he gets too much attention at work, then discontinue using there. He's using Voracious at work.

Otherwise, why wouldn't you want to smell good all the time?

HAHAHA! True dat! Ok, we'll discuss the "potential" reactions to the imaginary pheromones in Dark Desires....just so he's aware ^_~

Or even if you find a non-phero'd scent you both like, you could always spike it with Charisma or SS4M .... B)

I've been trying! I still have all of those lovelies you shared. Like you mentioned, his nose IS coming around so I've been re-trying things here and there and actually getting more favorable responses, even if he's not 100% sold on all of them. He's very close minded. Not a dis, just a fact. New things and change come by him VERY slowly. What can I say? Opposites really do attract :D

Edited by NuTrix

There are so many options available that it's actually quite easy to find appropriate scents/pheros for appropriate situations. You can smell good all the time with LPMP, honestly. And I would know. ;)

Last evening, straight from the frigid post box, it smelled "clean" like shower clean, like "have I smelled something similar to this that he's used before?" He said it reminded him of something too, that it was a blue colored bar, but that's the most description I could wriggle out of him last night.

Fast forward to this morning :) I put a bit on my wrist, and while it's seems very potent in the vial it wears very much lighter. Even the man was pleasantly surprised, said it wasn't bad, that it smelled to him like "shower fresh", like "a clean scent". It was they WAY he said it wasn't bad that I'm excited about :D It means he' try it :lol: It morphs quickly through dry down to something amazing. The woods(?) and the bite of the herb notes all settle in to this smooth amazingness that is no longer showery fresh but isn't foodie either, but it IS delicious and close to the skin so that one might be fooled into thinking their guy may just smell this good naturally...Mmmmmm (maybe that's the

We will properly test it tomorrow night or Friday (not sure Christmas day and family would be the right environment for this phero? HAHAHA!). BUT I AM TOTALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING HEART THROBBED! SQUEEEEEAL! I'm decanting the sample in to a small 5 ml spray, at his request (apparently he's weird about the idea of oils???) So I will report back as experimentation allows! :heart:

• 2 weeks later...

Time has not, unfortunately, allowed for me to be "Heart Throbbed" as I've only been, most often, fortunate enough to smell the scent in passing as we have usually both been preparing to leave the house. I was lucky enough to catch a head cold for Christmas that is now finally in it's last hurrah - new LPs and a head cold, how unfair!

He did wear this Christmas day, as a surprise for me, but the flurry of activity really prevented me from discerning anything out of the ordinary. I AM, however, excited to report that he likes it!

When he first applies, it's all clean and brisk, a nice just stepped out of the shower scent. I wasn't terribly in love with it myself, as fresh light scents are nice, imo, but they are only that, nice. BUT once it settles into it's dry down it becomes something wholly different. Something deliciously wonderful! We are spending most of today with each other and I have requested him to wear this - he didn't flinch or grimace - just an easy, "Alright." So I will get to find out more if it's the Heart Throb causing my infatuation or if the scent really IS that divine - or maybe, as with much of LP's magic, it's a bit of both ^_~

Will be back to report!

Well. How about that! Between this and Mark's Girl Nip, he prefers this! Not that that's a bad thing. I'm the one who is really fond of Girl Nip on him. Dark Desires smells really great too. It does this fantastic morph on dry down that becomes just, amazing. He's been going back and forth between this and his fav, Voracious. I haven't had the "phero conversation" with him yet. I'm just letting him wear them to figure out if he likes the scent. I'm actually going with this right now:

I'd say wear it anytime. IF he gets too much attention at work, then discontinue using there. He's using Voracious at work.
Otherwise, why wouldn't you want to smell good all the time?

I figure if he thinks it's whooey and his demeanor is usually stand-offish (he has angry resting face) then he isn't giving off a come hither vibe. Any positive attention would actually be GOOD for him :D And like above mentioned, he IS wearing Voracious soooooo.... Plus, looking at the blend, this should be a good social even if you aren't going for a score.

His description: The smell reminds him of something that his dad wore. But he said that's not a bad thing, lol (If I smell something that reminds me of something my mom wore, it makes ME cringe...lol) He said it's manly. Masculine. It's strong first on but settles down quickly. And - drum roll - we would wear this. And he has - of his own free will - practically the whole new year holiday weekend :Emoticons0424:

Phero related things that I have noticed:

Him: Mood boost. Without even being aware, walks taller, acts alpha/manly - compliments his already "Me Tarzan, you Jane" attitude :lol: He's VERY handsy with me, looks at me like dessert... He's more intimate vocally, which I didn't expect, but looking at the molecule list it makes sense now. More interactive socially with others.

Me: He smells delicious, so of course I'm all up close and trying to get more of that... Makes me, giddy(?), flirtatious and definitely open to any advances. Sadly, I haven't really looked closely at the molecules until this posting and everything makes so much more sense now LOL. I was thinking this is a tear off your clothes, resistance is futile, animalistic sex that you WILL enjoy is about to ensue type of blend... Now, don't get me wrong, the sex has been GREAT, welcome and often :Emoticons04263: just not as ravishing as I thought with the description of Heart Throb. It could be because we're married and "know" each other sexually so well already, and results may vary for people who are just hooking up or are still fairly new to one another...? BUT anyway, the sex IS good and I am VERY happy that he has chosen to adopt this blend as a favorite. I'm daydreaming about what full strength could do....I must purchase at least 1 back up bottle...

I was thinking this is a tear off your clothes, resistance is futile, animalistic sex that you WILL enjoy is about to ensue type of blend.

If you want that kind, I'd suggest Wanted Man.

If you want that kind, I'd suggest Wanted Man.

Yes. And if that kind of sex does not happen with one of these two pheromone mixes, well, I don't know what to tell you. :D

I am polarized to him when he wears Voracious, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm liking Heart Throb for it's own reasons :smiley-sex015:

Well. How about that! Between this and Mark's Girl Nip, he prefers this! Not that that's a bad thing. I'm the one who is really fond of Girl Nip on him. Dark Desires smells really great too. It does this fantastic morph on dry down that becomes just, amazing. He's been going back and forth between this and his fav, Voracious. I haven't had the "phero conversation" with him yet. I'm just letting him wear them to figure out if he likes the scent. I'm actually going with this right now:

I figure if he thinks it's whooey and his demeanor is usually stand-offish (he has angry resting face) then he isn't giving off a come hither vibe. Any positive attention would actually be GOOD for him :D And like above mentioned, he IS wearing Voracious soooooo.... Plus, looking at the blend, this should be a good social even if you aren't going for a score.

His description: The smell reminds him of something that his dad wore. But he said that's not a bad thing, lol (If I smell something that reminds me of something my mom wore, it makes ME cringe...lol) He said it's manly. Masculine. It's strong first on but settles down quickly. And - drum roll - we would wear this. And he has - of his own free will - practically the whole new year holiday weekend :Emoticons0424:

Phero related things that I have noticed:

Him: Mood boost. Without even being aware, walks taller, acts alpha/manly - compliments his already "Me Tarzan, you Jane" attitude :lol: He's VERY handsy with me, looks at me like dessert... He's more intimate vocally, which I didn't expect, but looking at the molecule list it makes sense now. More interactive socially with others.

Me: He smells delicious, so of course I'm all up close and trying to get more of that... Makes me, giddy(?), flirtatious and definitely open to any advances. Sadly, I haven't really looked closely at the molecules until this posting and everything makes so much more sense now LOL. I was thinking this is a tear off your clothes, resistance is futile, animalistic sex that you WILL enjoy is about to ensue type of blend... Now, don't get me wrong, the sex has been GREAT, welcome and often :Emoticons04263: just not as ravishing as I thought with the description of Heart Throb. It could be because we're married and "know" each other sexually so well already, and results may vary for people who are just hooking up or are still fairly new to one another...? BUT anyway, the sex IS good and I am VERY happy that he has chosen to adopt this blend as a favorite. I'm daydreaming about what full strength could do....I must purchase at least 1 back up bottle...

You are welcome... :Emoticons04269:

You are welcome... :Emoticons04269:

:D Thank you! Back up bottle purchased! :w00t:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, WTH?

Lastnight I had this trial out. All the hoopla about this scent/phero combo had me courious. So I'm in bed reading and playing around with this, I put a very small dab on the sleeve of my PJs. Then a dab on the edge of my pillow case. I took a couple of deep wiffs and laid back to read. A few mins later a wave of relaxation swept over me. I took a deep breath and tried to continue to read. I was so very relaxed. I faded in & out a bit. I was just very deeply relaxed. This deep, sort of tranquillized feel lasted about 20+ min.

What's in this? Rohypnol?

Edited by StacyK

Heart Throb has some of the same components which are in Teddy BB, I think, so I can imagine it having a relaxing effect.

I have to agree, this one is really scurmmilicious smelling on my guy too. It morphs within the first 1/2 hour and the long dry down is to DIE for :heart:

Heart Throb has some of the same components which are in Teddy BB, I think, so I can imagine it having a relaxing effect.

Must be. It was very relaxing. After the initial effects wore off I was more or less back to my original state, just a touch more relaxed. Given the comments about HT "it gets you laid" e t.. didn't expect that. Honestly if I had combined wiffing the Phero with a couple of drinks... :lol:

I'll try it again in a few days and see if I get a similar effect. I wonder if it's the whole male/female thing. The way the right man's chemistry can sooth us. Reminds me of an old BF. I often wanted to just nuzzle his chest and breath deeply. Very relaxing.

It's funny though, reading reviews by men. The way they interpret things. Very interesting glimpse.