Kingmaker w/ Charisma

AD-Kingmaker_1.jpg

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
CHYPRE ~ a blend of Civet, Ambergris, Oakmoss and Musk, it is considered a potently sexual combination with wealth drawing properties as well.
FERN ~ Stamina, virility/fertility, sincerity, fascination, eternal youth, bestows confidence, riches, creates perimeter of protection, luck. Representative of ancient knowledge.
SAGE ~ Healing, prosperity, cleansing. Wisdom, longevity, protection, wishes granted.
TONKA ~ Love, money, courage, wishes granted; wards off illness.
WATER ACCORD ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, fluid of life. Renewal.
ORANGE BLOSSOM ~ E eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.

Scent: Elegant, manly, commanding, very sexy. A fab nighttime or special occasion scent.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a sample of this with some of the other new scents. My wife & I were doing smell tests this morning of each sample, sniffing fresh ground coffee in between to clear our pallets. One of us didn't put the lid back on Kingmaker very tightly and it all spilled out. So I used the puddle to for a one-time slathering.

Really like it! It's a nice, classic, well-balanced, scent. I mean this in a good way, but this next statement will reveal my total lack of scent experience: It smells like a high-end 'mainstream' men's cologne. ::shrug:: That's the best I have for now.

I'm down for a full bottle of this.

Really like it! It's a nice, classic, well-balanced, scent. I mean this in a good way, but this next statement will reveal my total lack of scent experience: It smells like a high-end 'mainstream' men's cologne. ::shrug:: That's the best I have for now.

I think that was the point of it, since Mara modeled it on men's scents of the '80s.

Holy Retrosmell, Batman - Kingmaker is great! I think it was love at first sniff. It smells great in the bottle and even better on my skin. For those of you who were around and wearing cologne in the 1980s - Kingmaker is dead on. It is like a high quality men's cologne from that time period. I threw it on and it seemed almost instantly familiar and I was trying to figure out which cologne it was supposed to smell like even though I know it is just "evocative" of that period. Like the colognes of that period, it has some pretty good throw and staying power. What does it smell like exactly? I think it is the sandalwood, patchouli & vetiver that come through the most at first. Six hours later, I think it was more the cedar and chypre.

And to make it even better, Mara has thrown the Charisma pheromone mix into it. So you have a big sophisticated scent combined with one of the best social phermone mixes for guys all in one bottle. This is definitely a winning combination. You cannot go wrong with a full bottle of this one.

ETA: Thank you Mara for the rebrew! This one is definitely worth having an extra bottle of! In fact I turned my rebrew bottle into a spray. But I have found i like my sprays a little stronger than they would otherwise be so I also ordered a sample and added that to the spray along with the bottle of Kingmaker. Turns out perfect for me.

Edited by quietguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 80s and 90s were my party-days and Mara was spot on with her idea for Kingmaker - uber-masculine, mega-sexy “powerhouse” fragrances of the 1980s, but with a contemporary spin...elegant and stylish. My husband has stuck with Polo Green for over 20 years, rarely straying, and I specifically ordered a sample of Kingmaker with the hope that he'd wear it. Charisma is the ideal phero for him in his work as well, so this will be a great test run of phero for him. He's still not 'convinced' that pheros really would affect him or those around him that much. I personally think he just doesn't understand my love affair (and investment in) LPs! I'm not going to try to convince him, but he reacts to LAM and Sexpionage (Compromising Positions) without fail every time, so IMO he's gonna find out soon that this is awesome stuff beyond just smelling great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I really cannot add anything to quietguy's review. This scent reminds me of being a teenager again. Except without the acne and painful social awkwardness. It reminds me a bit of Eternity, as luna said, but also of Obsession for men. I can think of three or four scents that smell a little like this except that Kingmaker smells less sharp to my nose, it smells a bit softer and richer than the scents I remember as a teen. I'm definitely going to have to try and get a full bottle of this before it sells out. Two thumbs waaaaaay up on this scent. Oh, and my beautiful bride REALLY likes it, also. Definitely a plus.

• 3 weeks later...

I sent my man to work this morning wearing this (free sniffie thanks Mara and crew!).

Put this on him today as he had a bad day yesterday, and I'm intending for the phero to work for him and on his co-workers. I'll be writing a more specific review later on.

• 3 months later...

So, let me set this up. Last week, Mr Perfect was at a computer geek meet up thing. Some guy comes in, and says their company (located in the Bay Area) is looking to hire people for a local office. Mr Perfect meets him for lunch the next day. On Tuesday, he does a phone interview. Today he went to their office for another interview and to check out their company. I set out a few samples for him to try. He chose Kingmaker. With Charisma.

Their HR office called him before he even got home with a job offer.

*BAM*

Nice!

This scent is the MOST DELICIOUS men's fragrance... EVER. I am not talented at picking out scents quite yet, but this is AMAZING. This smell puts me in a better mood and I'm not sure if its the charisma or if it is just the AMAZING smell. OMGGGG :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co The BF wears it to work alot and when I ask him if anyone acted any different he said "it's confusing". Go figure, too much hard thinking for him, I guess. Ha!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Seriously thinking of getting this for my 21 year old ... in part because I think Charisma would be a good fit for him, but also because he was super bummed when the (I forgot which it was) the scent he liked that was boosted with OW was no longer available.  I think, he'd be happier with a scent that will always be available.

He has no real preference in scents. 

I am familiar with the main stream brands everyone has mentioned this kinda reminds them of, and just wanted to say thank you for giving us all (me) a clue as to how this might smell.  Going FB so I hope he really likes it and that Charisma will help him like OW did. 

I'll review on his behalf when he gets it and gives it a try ... but also will review how OTHERS are towards him.  Not that I expect people to stop treating him like he's 15 and offering him Shirley Temple's and chocolate milk when we are out at dinner (he's not a big drinker but often orders a Jack and Coke because it to him, seems more ... manly, when out with his female BFF)... sigh.   

7 minutes ago, livinlavidacabo said:

Seriously thinking of getting this for my 21 year old ... in part because I think Charisma would be a good fit for him, but also because he was super bummed when the (I forgot which it was) the scent he liked that was boosted with OW was no longer available.  I think, he'd be happier with a scent that will always be available.

I think you’ll be really happy with Kingmaker - it’s in my top 3 of the men’s LPs. Classic. 

• 3 years later...

Okay so I got my full bottle in the mail today and put some on to refresh my memory before heading off to work.  My bride liked it and said it reminded her of high school.  This scent has evolved A LOT on my skin and on the long drydown I find the orange blossoms taking the lead.  Yeah, baby! 

:Emoticons10311:

• 3 months later...

This is a really versatile fragrance imo. It seems to linger longer and is more noticable than the Legend I just got and kinda wish I had went with this instead. The name is so fitting! It smells charismatic, and while it has the vibe of classic mainstream men's cologne it's not as overbearing or pungent. Definitely on my list for a fullsize bottle, although I may get it boosted with something besides Charisma.

Edited by CptnKielbasa