Elfin Plum

Beccah

AD-ElfenPlum_1.jpg

Elfin Plum

A gorgeous musky plum scent - celebratory and seasonal with a touch of elegance. A trio of lush plum accords and a dash of ripe fig stirred into creamy spiced vanilla pudding over a bed of sensual Egyptian musk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

PLUM ~ Inspires & maintains love, protects dwelling against evil and intrusion.
FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection,
aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
EGYPTIAN MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a gorgeous surprise for me, plum can be iffy on me but the combination of the plum and fig with the lovely lush depth of the musk and vanilla underneath is absolutely wonderful. There's a fresh tangy aura on top, and a bit of sweetness, but the qualities are balanced just right. I don't really get any spice from it and the vanilla is rather subtle but the fruit keeps me compulsively sniffing my wrist, mmm!

WOW. I had kinda dismissed this one and bumped it off my radar. It's REALLY nice! It's wearing on me very sheer and light, like a soft gossamer veil. It's light and clean, not soapy clean, refreshing clean, and bright somehow - maybe the fig? This is a REAL surprise like for me, considering I'm such a foodie lover. I think this would pair very well with CB!

ETA: I know I said it's wearing light a sheer and then said it would pair great with CB :D By light and sheer, I don't mean weak or barely there so much as not clobbering you over the head with a "HEY NOTICE ME!" It's soft and sweet, perfect vibe for CB :)

Edited by NuTrix

This is another one I wasn't expecting to love. It's got this addictive scent that's keeps me sniffing my wrist over and over. It's sheer, musky and just gorgeous. The plum, fig and vanilla blend seamlessly with soft, sensual musk. It's sweet but clean smelling. Not soapy, though if that makes sense. I don't get any of the spice.. Just a lightly sweetened plum-y musk.

I actually really like this one. Wet it seems a bit pointy. I think fig does that but always behaves once on the skin for a bit This one turns into a beautiful scent on me. Nutrix hit the nail on the head. It wears sheer but lasts a long time. I get all of the notes blending well with the musk just there enough but not overpowering. As Hearts mentioned it smells clean but not soapy. Just a beautiful light scent that I think is a great scent for everyday or date night.

This one is really nice! It reminds me *a lot* of Fairy Musk, which sold out really fast. I'm surprised this doesn't seem to be generating much interest yet in terms of reviews.

Yes! Fairy Musk! That's what it smells like!!! I love Elfin Plum- I had to FB too! It's beautiful.

I am wearing this one today and I do need more. After it dries down a bit it is such a glorious musk. The plum adds sweetness but not a fruit smell. Just gorgeous. It also lasts for a long time. As mentioned it wears light as in airy. I don't think it has a big throw on me but those who have been within 5 feet get wisps of it then move closer to smell it. I get a lot of great comments on this one. I don't smell the vanilla but I think it helps to blend everything together.

This has been a great months for scents for me. I have loved everyone I have tried.( Just some more than others and this is one of those)

• 1 month later...

This reminds me of nekomusume more than anything - very warm creamy plum. Sometimes plum has this sultry, vaguely occult, EBIL undercurrent on me - this one definitely does. As it is drying down it is also giving an interesting glittering very-dark-green vibe, like, iridescent with the almost-black midnight purple of the plum.

This was the first one I grabbed from the December set. I knew by the description that it would be my favorite for the month...and I was absolutely right. It is gorgeous! It wears on me like a lighter version of Lady V's Black Panther, which is one of my all time favs. The plum is very sensual and the fig adds a layer of brightness. I detect just a hint of spice. It dries down to a beautiful skin musk that lasts and lasts....FB for me.

I had got a FB of this by accident, (mix up between Pink Elf and Elfin Plum :blink: ) :lol: I can totally see how that could happen!

I was worried with my foodie scent tendencies that it would be wasted on me, but it is such a pleasant, not stabby to me floral, clean and yet not soapy, fragrance that it seems a full bottle has come into my hands for a reason. I don't HAVE to wear foodie fragrances ALL the time :D I think I was MEANT to have this to combine with CB. I found I could only wear the scented CB in minute amounts because it was WAY too over powering for me in anything but tiny dabs. I've been waiting for the right "clean" scent for me because I really like the complimentary nature that a lovely feminine clean floral with CB conveys. I think THIS must be that fragrance for me ^_^ It stays really close to my skin, it LASTS for - like - EVER, and it's GORGEOUS.

I will decant some and see if my thoughts about it handling CB are correct. :w00t:

First of all, hello Thranduil's doppelgänger on the label.....alright I'm done. Wet, there is just a little greenness from the fig (as happens with most fig notes) but it quickly turns into a purple fig that mixes very well with the purple plum as it dries down. The vanilla in this is at the crossroads of foody and floral, not quite dessert but no flowery undertone either. I love how the musk gives it a sensual, slightly warm undertone as it dries down. It's a light musk, but it's definitely there and gives the whole scent more depth. Now can I please have Thranduil himself in a bottle?

• 4 weeks later...

OMG LOVE!!

I just got this sample with my last order. Honestly I don't even remember ordering it or what was even in it. It is AMAZING. Its got a slight tartness to it that is just addicting but it smells pretty foody on me. It smells like a powdered sugar plum pie. I don't know what that powdered sense is. Not like baby powder...like powdered sugar. Must be the musk. I never can pick musk out unless it's white musk and its poking me in the eye. This is a smooth sexy musky powder thing. I can't stop huffing this wrist. I love the idea of pairing this with CB too. Nutrix? Did you try it? That is a gorgeous idea...

The longer it wears the sexier it gets.

FB for sure.

I did! I decanted a bit to make a spray and an oil. I didn't expect to like this as much as I do. It's so light and delicate and yet it completely covers CB AND it lasts! Such an unexpected surprise to find I'm liking it and appreciating it more each time I wear it ^_^ It's not foodie to me but it is something that isn't quite all floral either. it's really nice!

On me, this wears as a warm spice. Considering when it was released, it definitely evoked a sense of December/Christmas/the holiday season. Like mulled wine or hot cider, even. The depth of the musk is something that absolutely comes forward, but sits nicely underneath the plum and fig. If you're someone on whom plum plays nice, then this would be a great scent. Unfortunately, since I amp plums and maybe it's the fig or nutmeg bringing out that extra level of spice, I will probably leave this in trial vial form and not take it further. But this is a great scent to wear in the cold weather. It warms you up in a sense.

:huh: Spice? Wow. That it something I do not get from this. Even the nutmeg, which I can sometimes amp, is very easy to miss. Chemistry....

I get fruit on top and the musk I think I read as floral. The fruit and vanilla don't make it foodie but bright and creamy to me. I am LOVING it with CB. A bright top with a creamy floral-like base. At least that's what my chemistry has been making of it ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmm, this is very pretty and kind of unique! I would never have guessed it had nutmeg in it. That would have scared me a bit if I had. Must be very subtle. I find this starts out as almost plum candy, and then it gets musky...almost dusty, but in a good way. There's the slightest suggestion that it could go plasticky on me like peach does, but thankfully it doesn't. I find I tend to like a lot of scents that have fig in them. I didn't know this one had fig in it, either. But yummy! Very pretty indeed. :)

Lainey - I don't read the nutmeg either :huh: which is interesting because my chemistry seems to enjoy amping cinnamon and spices! I would never have guessed it was there. Fig can go either way for me - sometimes it's wonderful and sometimes its too, mmm, green? But Elfin Plum is sweet and candy-like at first, no spice to speak of, then just soft and floral - which must be the musk. I don't know much about Egyptian musk - or any really - I wonder if it's a note that I often read in things as floral? Hmm....

I don't know much about Egyptian musk - or any really - I wonder if it's a note that I often read in things as floral? Hmm....

It can, depending on the source.

I'll have to do an official search and check out the different kinds ^_^ Thanks Luna! :heart:

The last few rave reviews here had me pull this out again. The first time I tried it I thought it was nice, nothing that made me have that "yea baby" reaction. Note, I'm at the point with my perfume collection that I need that extra WOW to spend the $$ and make space.

I'm beginning to a consider a buy one (or 2), loose one rule to avoid overflow.

On me this is a very pretty "purple" scent, a little jammy. I like it, the delicate touch of nutmeg is a nice addition. If you don't have any Plum or Purple berry LPs, I'd say grab a FB.

If I didn't have bottles of berry favorites (I know this is plum, but it's in the same group for me)

I'd go for one but I'll enjoy my trial.

• 3 years later...

I'm wearing this again today. It's still magical. Sweet, pillowy, plush, plummy deliciousness! Mmmm...

I used up my trial vial and now I am sad. This is one I kind of wish I had a full bottle of.