Land of Nog

Beccah

AD-LandofNog_1.jpg

Land of Nog

The noggiest of nogginess from the land where the Nog is born! Creamy eggnog oils boosted with almond milk, candied and slightly boozy butterscotch oils, topped with a sprinkling of nutmeg and sweet syrupy amber in the base. A long-lasting creamy dream, fans of our Lick of Cream fragrance will want to visit The Land of Nog without delay!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
ALMOND ~ Fertility, stamina, masculine energy, business success, money, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight,
talisman for successful and fertile marriage.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

OMG This is so great! Where to begin? A creamy egg nog with a light warm spice note. I love the "weight" of the cream, the way the smell feels on my skin. I get Maras meaning on her comparison to LOC on this.. yes, that wonderful cream note!

Some of the cakey or super sweat creams feel so heavy on my skin, they often times go sour smelling too :(

I feel like Goldilocks "this is just right". It belongs on my shelf right next to Lick Of Cream. Nothing overwhelms me. The egg nog is so gently spiced. Warm and smooth. It's definitely going to put you in a festive mood, but it's more than a seasonal.

So glad I got a FB,, better get one more. :This would be amazing with cops. :)

Edited by StacyK

This smells very RED to me! I thought of red candles at Pier 1, and opaque red hard candies... ?? Must be my mind taking the almond in an artificial-cherry-flavors direction. As it has dried down it has gotten more vanilla and cake bites-y. Nice but the red is iffy on me - might be leaning waxy/plasticky as almond sometimes does on me. Aunt Dot is visiting though so will have to retest.

Edited by tyvey

At first this starts out plasticky on me - which I thought it might because of the dairy notes - but in the drydown it has a warm smooth slightly spicy creaminess which does remind me somewhat of Lick of Cream. On me it's not uber-eggnog, though.

I'm fascinated reading everyone's varying experiences, and need to add my own. I slathered this on first, because I adore Garland and Lace but would love a non-phero'd eggnog scent. Sugared Eggnog has not loved me so far, though I need to test that one again.

Anyway, this is delightful but I don't really get the eggnog -- instead it goes on with a big blast of almond, very marzipan-y! As it dries, it gets softer and subtler. It reminds me of both Because the Night and Petit For Your Thoughts. Definitely festive and delicious, but I will continue on the quest for eggnog...

Did you ever try Merry!? It's pink, but definitely eggnog (IMO).

Merry is Awesome! My daughter and I both love it

:)

It's really rebrew material hint hint!

I know what you mean about BTN and Petit, there is a nod in that direction to me there, probably the almond.

Guest cutie.pie

Anyway, this is delightful but I don't really get the eggnog -- instead it goes on with a big blast of almond, very marzipan-y! As it dries, it gets softer and subtler. It reminds me of both Because the Night and Petit For Your Thoughts. Definitely festive and delicious, but I will continue on the quest for eggnog...

Now I must try it! I didn't get a sampler set this month, because I'm getting some UNs, only got the ones I thought I would like...but I love marzipan! And PFYT! I now it doesn't have to smell like that on my skin, but I'll definitely get a sample! ;)

Guest cutie.pie

If you love marzipan you would probably love "Ionia" as well. That is the almond scent in that one and it is the top not when I wear it.

You are right about Ionia! I just remembered I got sniffies and I loved it! Thank you for reminding me! :)

AH HA! It's the ALMOND! Why on earth couldn't I place that?!

Foiled again by almond :(

does my skin amp it so?

In the vial I got more notes but on, my skin went nuts with the almond and the nutmeg, it's a creamy almond and nutmeg :lol: So to my nose it's coming across as creamy cherried nutmeg. I wanted to LOVE this one but I'm going to have to pass. This won't ever be a "me" scent :nope02716:

I'm not getting much eggnog... I am getting sweet, cherry candy. The almond is very forward and I'm reading it as cherry. Although this isn't what I expected, I like it very much. The longer it dries down, I'm getting more of the cream and a faint hint of nutmeg.

A perfect scent for the holidays. I would wear this all year anyway though. Once I can wear pheros again, this just screams Lace to me.

This one is a nice scent but I also get cherry-almond with the eggnog only coming out after time not much nutmeg. Does not turn sour like some cream notes can on me. I only need a little of the scent so my bottle will last a while. I think it is a good scent for any time of year. Even the hot weather. It does not wear heavy on me.

Update....after about and hour the cherry smell backed down and nutmeg creaminess came out . A completely different scent. I liked it very well as the marzipan smell but this really elevated the scent in my eyes. I like what it became and it was so worth waiting for. I will enjoy my FB for sure.

This is YUMMY!!! I Initially get the almost cherry scent that almond can have but I kind of love that about almond so it doesn't bother me. It mellows very quickly on me though and the nutmeg and creams become more prevalent. This is very cozy and comforting to me. It reminds me of egg nog truffles I've had before. This is a great scent for this season. :)

This smells almost pink to me! I get very creamy pink with a bit of milk in there somewhere. Or maybe it's churned butter. The 7 times I tested this I kept thinking.. this is like a trio of Merry with Eggnog Riot and Blushing Embers.. I think I need to retest 7 more times to see if my hormones make it something its not supposed to be.

• 4 weeks later...

The sweet almond really sets this apart from other eggnog scents. It starts out like a boozy almond and gradually grows softer and creamier on the drydown. I'd describe it as marzipan eggnog; it made me think of a creamier version of this almond pastry my coworker brought to work around Christmas. Maybe I'm amping the almond, but whatever might be going on with my chemistry, it's delicious.

• 2 weeks later...

This one is really yummy - reminds me a lot of Because the Night, I'm sure because of the almond. Wet and in the first 15-20 min I can't help but think of freshly baked Trader Joe's Almond croissants (without the calories, thank you). I wear this one solely for me though... it's like Wolfsbane to my teen boys (TeenWolf :Emoticons04263: ) I slather this (or BTN) on and LOVE the way I smell - but my boys start sneezing and get outta my way, LOL. I suppose I could slather a little more conservatively - but now it's kinda fun because I get this yummy almond pastry forcefield around me and some much needed alone time! It does settle nicely into a creamy, eggnog skin scent after a few hours. I think this would make an awesome wax melt or simmer oil! If you love a creamy, smooth almond/cherry pastry scent then I absolutely recommend you visit the Land of Nog.

Edited by LoveStruck

• 2 months later...

i got a sample of this with my last order. When first applied i get this strong cherry-like scent (probably the almond). Way too overwhelming for me. But this lasts for only a couple of minutes, then it morfs into this very yummy creamy and spicy scent, it's delicious. Totally different compared to how it starts. This one sits close to the skin, at least for me and have to put my nose quite close to my wrist to be able to smell it. It's a lovely scent. It doesn't remind me though of Petit four your Thoughts. I was hoping it would, but to me at least, this is very diffferent.

• 4 weeks later...

This one is nice, but a little too "foodie" for my tastes. I get strong almond/cherry/nutmeg out of it, which my nose interpreted as "licorice" before I read some of the posts here. It may have been in my mind because I wore Lady Frost (with a licorice note in it) the day before this one. It doesn't really smell like eggnog to me, but then again I only drink the commercial kind without any booze in it. So that could be why.

I like it more than I thought I would at first, but it's not one that I think I need in a full bottle. However, I think I should try it again sometime, just to be sure.

I recently retested this and it reminded me of Baby Chicks. Like it was pinkier to me. Like a very very sweet tart. I kinda want it to be like it was in the beginning more like a creamy pink for me. I know everything is way off right now because of Spawn and will be for a while after. OMG what if I don't like pink scents anymore after baby Luke Skywalker is born????? I will never forgive my skin.