Lost Luggage

Beccah

AD-LostLuggage_1.jpg

Lost Luggage

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow… The turning of the calendar page onto a new year is the perfect time to lay your burdens down, whatever they may be. Set them down and walk away, let them stay lost and move on to a promising tomorrow. Let go of all which weighs you down and keeps you from achieving your full potential. Free yourself from unrealistic expectations and negativity. To assist you with this most desired goal for a brand new year, we’ve concocted an optimistic refreshing fragrance based on an artisan soda recipe kindly shared with us by our beloved customer Katz and her wonderful fella. Crisp cooling cucumber brightened with the citrus sunshine of orange blossom and tangerine, drizzled with sweet Cactus Flower honey, resting upon a smooth silky base of white amber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

CUCUMBER ~ Healing, fertility, abundance, invigorating.
ORANGE & BLOSSOMS ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

I like this, Bravo.. Katz & BF & Mara.

I think if you like the clean/sexy scents, as Halo said Sneaky, but I also think of XAppeal too. That warm powdery honey is great. Orange can get intense on me but so far I'm good. As long as this holds..and I'm not just left with orange in the long term ... I'm loving this. I've had it on for about 30 min. So far so good. :)

Edited by StacyK

When I read comparisons to Sneaky Clean and X Appeal I knew I had to try this, even though the notes didn't automatically make me think I would love it. What a win! The cucumber keeps the honey strictly in line and the orange & blossoms are putting me in mind of something powerfully nostalgic.... maybe Florida Water? This is fresh and natural and very clean -- it hovers right on the mark of "is this perfume or just the most naturally awesome smelling woman on the planet?" I think I may need a spray for spring. I have also been thinking of getting something boosted with Open Windows and I bet this would be a perfect match.

ETA: Anyone who loved Totem Lamb needs to try this!

ET(further)A: This one has amazing staying power! I had samples of different scents on different skin territories -- when I woke up this morning, the others were all but gone but this was palpably still present. It smelled almost exactly like Sneaky Clean, which is not a bad thing since I adore that one, but it's quite a morph from what I was getting initially. Really lovely!

Edited by Blackcat

SC was too "clean" a scent for me :D

I like cucumber as a note very much and the floral choice seems to be pleasant to my 3rd eye (sometimes those clean florals can be stabby - I'm talking about you CB....of which I can only wear the slightest dabs...

While I don't see me getting a FB of this, I very much like it! To me it's a nice clean, just stepped out of the shower, soft skin type clean scent. I like the honey in this too and maybe it's the amber, instead of a musk, that is also appealing to me as well? It's very nice and not stabby to me at all. What a pleasant surprise! ^_^

I love this one! It's similar to one of the crayons. I'm trying to remember which ... maybe Mountain Meadow ... or would it be Cerulean Blue? The Blue does have cucumber as well. I would pull out my stash to find out, but the aroma part has taken hold and I'm too relaxed to be bothered. (as she types while grinning)

This is fantastic and EQUALLY as effective as the pheros for creating that "all is relaxing in the world" feeling. That was a nice surprise! I still feel like a newbie, but can tell the olfactory pallet is developing. Aromas and pheros are so much fun!

Donsie, as a lover of the clean scents, you would find this right up your alley if it smells on you the way it does on me! I went for the spray, boosted with Open Windows.

Oh, excellent idea!

I love this one! It's similar to one of the crayons. I'm trying to remember which ... maybe Mountain Meadow ... or would it be Cerulean Blue? The Blue does have cucumber as well. I would pull out my stash to find out, but the aroma part has taken hold and I'm too relaxed to be bothered. (as she types while grinning)

This is fantastic and EQUALLY as effective as the pheros for creating that "all is relaxing in the world" feeling. That was a nice surprise! I still feel like a newbie, but can tell the olfactory pallet is developing. Aromas and pheros are so much fun!

I haven't tried either of those Crayons scents but both sounded good. Deffo going to save some pennies in the hopes of trying this one!

This is GORGEOUS! It reminds me of laundry that's been washed in expensive detergent and then hung out to dry on a sunny summer day. It has a cozy, comforting feel to me. This would make a fabulous workplace scent. And, it reminds me of Gypsum White a lot too but w/o any of the pointiness, which makes me so happy because I love Gypsum White until I feel like it's stabbing me in my forehead and eyeballs. Another scent to add to my wishlist!

Edited by tink333

When I stated that I feel like this was like Gypsum White as well, I forgot to mention that it is warmer than Gypsum White too. I'm really loving this one, especially on this cloudy, dreary, foggy day in Minnesota.

Edited by tink333

When I first looked at these notes, I wasn't thinking that this would be something I would like. Cucumber can sometimes remind me of products that are too "high school", because when I was in high school, everyone was obsessed with anything cucumber-melon. Once I saw all the Sneaky Clean comparisons in these reviews, I couldn't wait to try it.

This definitely is in the same category as Sneaky and all the fresh, clean scents. (Which my bf loves on me) This one is beautiful too. The cucumber does fade away very quickly. The orange blossom is the most forward note followed by the prettiest, soft, powdery honey. It reminds me of spring time, fresh linen and sunshine. I need this in a spray!

I put this on the back of my hand and this stuff lasted through hand washing with lots of soap. I think this will be the type of fragrance that only takes 1 swipe or spray and it'll last for hours. I'll have to test that theory once I get a chance to wear this for a whole day.

I used to judge by ingredients too, but have learned with LP, ya just gotta whiff it and test it on the skin ;) I used to think all forals were pointy and all darks were overwhelming incensy-type smells. When I first got here all I wanted was foody, foody, foody. I still love the foodies, but I've come to learn that when it comes to an ingredients list, there are never absolutes with any scents. Loving Love Potions and it's delightful unpredictability!!

I used to judge by ingredients too, but have learned with LP, ya just gotta whiff it and test it on the skin ;) I used to think all forals were pointy and all darks were overwhelming incensy-type smells. When I first got here all I wanted was foody, foody, foody. I still love the foodies, but I've come to learn that when it comes to an ingredients list, there are never absolutes with any scents. Loving Love Potions and it's delightful unpredictability!!

I did the same thing for a while. Reading the list of notes and deciding...then I got free samples of a couple I would have never thought to buy and I was surprised how, that in the right type of note and the right amount, pretty much anything can smell good. I also used to just sniff things and shake my head....now I know how scents change when they hit the skin and how they can morph so one scent can turn into several different ones while the day goes on. I was completely unaware of the artisan scents and I am so glad I found LP. I do "amp" things so I am learning to take note of those things as I go.

hearts, I think you are on to something. I can see a 40/60 alcohol/oil blend working fabulous for this. This lasts all day on me as well, but it clings to my skin a LOT and the alcohol would put it out there another foot or so. This is my first cucumber scent (as far as I'm aware) and Mara, thank you, I love this. I inhake and think 'be as cool as a cucumber, let it go, relaxxxx", I think of the write-up about 'lost luggage' not bothering me. Lots of congruence there with the scent and intent. Powerful without pheros. A definite keeper. I will order this in a spray and think of @hearts now :)

I agree! :)

So the story is, Mr & Ms Katz came out here to visit, and the airline lost Mr Katz' luggage. They did not get it back until they left a week later to go home. Rather than get upset about it, have tantrums and have it ruin their trip, Mr Katz was very zen about the whole thing (he was glad it was his luggage and not Patz's, so sweet). He said he decided to take it as a freeing experience, he let go of his belongings and just went with the tides. He chose to feel liberated, and therefore had a fabulous vacation. Mr Katz came up with the name of this himself, as a symbol of their trip. Ridding yourself of excess baggage can be a wonderfully freeing thing. Which is a good message especially at this time of year.

The scent comes from a discovery they made while exploring on their trip. They found a winery that was also making artisan sodas! They bought a large bottle for us all to share, and we used the ingredients as the basis for this perfume.

OMG, what a glorious story!! I was already in love with the scent and the intent as it was laid out in the description, but now I know for sure that this is EXACTLY the energy I need in my life right now. So glad I have a full bottle coming!!

So the story is, Mr & Ms Katz came out here to visit, and the airline lost Mr Katz' luggage.

And see, you really should have just used the story! :P

(Although I do like the opportunity to write motivational-type things, even if I'm only motivating myself, lol.)

For me, this doesn't remind me of Sneaky Clean so much as Lady of the Mist, and I think it's because the honey is very musky on me, surprisingly so, so it's weightier to me. In the vial I get the orange aspect and I like that very much, but wow, on my skin this is much more potent than I would have suspected. There is a soapiness to it, after a while it takes on a more "clean" aura.

You only need a little bit of this one as it stretches into tomorrow. I got the same comparisons to Sneaky Clean and I like Sneaky Clean, but not all the time. I had to wash this off after a while because it became a bit rapey. I have to retest to see if I get more cucumber.

I bought unscented massage oil from the Body Shop ( I have the hardest time finding a reasonable blend). Then I added the sample of Lost Luggage. It's just enough to the 5 ounces of oil. The scent is more complex somehow than just on my skin. Like nibbling on a sandwich with cucumber, drinking a glass of lemonade and browsing in an old book store. It does have sort of a 'vintage' vibe to it for me. Super lovely and uplifting for this oil. I was sad to use up my sample but I will get months of use out of this way. SCORE.

Reporting in to let people know that this is glorious in the spray! I did a few spritzes to my throat/hair and one on each wrist, and it has lasted beautifully for several hours. Also, the OW is a great match, very congruent.

• 1 month later...

Love this one. Innocent and clean, but does not stab my nose. Soft cucumber freshness, a perfect early spring scent. And I love the story! Whenever I apply it, I think about leaving troubles behind, just giving them up for lost. Very liberating!

No like an actual baby. Baby skin and cucumbers, maybe some vintage paper- because of the pic.

ohh that sounds so good. I want that!! :)