Warm Jammies

Beccah

AD-WarmJammies_1.jpg

Warm Jammies

A beloved biscuit - that’s “cookie” to us Yanks - of the populace across the pond is the Jammie Dodger, a shortbread sandwich with yummy jam filling. As Christmas is the official season of the cookie, we decided to concoct our own version for scrumptious holiday wear. At your annual cookie exchange slather our Warm Jammies and let the deliciousness begin...you might even get asked for the recipe! We mixed up a variety of sugar cookie-type vanillas with oatmeal and warm butter, then added in even more sugar, and spread a thick layer of fruity jam upon a luxurious base of deep sweet amber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
OATS ~ Prosperity, abundance, sustenance, money spells.
SUGAR ~
Attractslove
,luck,sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
BERRIES ~ Healing, money attraction, protection. Considered holy by some, and a food of the Fae.
BUTTER ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG I put this on with low expectations even though it's my favorite label, because so far I have not had a lot of luck with the berries. This one is DELICIOUS!! The berries stay perfectly true on me, no plastic whatsoever!!! It's oatmeal cookies with jam, but as with all Mara's potions, she manages to get so much else in there... this is being young and getting out of a hot bath on a cold winter's night, putting on your "warm jammies" that your mom hung on the radiator to make them all toasty, and getting to have cookies fresh out of the oven and a glass of milk before being tucked in all safe and sound in your bed. I must have this! It's reminding me so strongly of something... even though the some of the notes are quite different, it has a similar vibe/scent to Prophetic Pie.

This one was fascinating. Wet, the berries went a little sideways on me, but when my nose was further away from application area it was like a big bodied Scotchies. Eight hours later it was NO cookie and ALL berry - a berry flavor lifesavers candy. I am happy with my scotchies but will enjoy this sample. It does have a very cozy cuddly vibe... very fitting name, :)

I get the cookieness of this one in the vial - it's a delicious shortbread aura for sure! On me I'm reminded somewhat of Ionia, I think it's the hint of berry which is causing the association. But eventually I get a warm smooth oat-y kind of drydown, sort of like if Scotchies was a bit more perfume-y. I'm beginning to think an oatmeal-amber scent would be A Delicious Thing Indeed.

I SO very much like the oat note! I think the berry is throwing it off for me. Not that the combination is bad, not at all! I just think, for me, I would like the cookie without the jam :D It's a very nommable scent and reminds me of the Christmas cookies my mom would make with the divot in the center for flavored jam. My sample will receive appropriate love this season ^_^

Wet, the berry is very jammy and slightly plastic. It almost goes into cherry Chapstick territory. Thankfully, as it drying down, the vanilla and oats come out more. It smells like a buttery shortbread cookie with a jam filling. The longer it settles on my skin, the more I like it. It's a very comforting and cozy scent.

Eta: now that it's completely dried down, it's reminding me of my My Little Pony ice cream scented dolls. The plastic is baaack :(

Edited by hearts

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am a total sucker for jam cookies so I had to get this one, and it doesn't disappoint. It's even better than sticking your nose in an actual cookie because in addition to the buttery cookie and sweet-tart jam notes, it has an extra richness and creaminess to it. Like Linzer cookies on steroids. It's a warm and enveloping scent, the kind that makes you think it's just a little warmer even if it's 8 degrees outside. The problem now is, I actually have Linzer cookies downstairs and every time I smell it I'm tempted to go scarf them all.

• 1 month later...

I was just gifted a vial of this by Bella *THANKS, Woman!* and I LOVE it. Like Invi, I smell the cookies with jam! Mine are the Thumbprint Cookies my Mom and I always made as part of our Christmas Baking Extravaganza. :xmas735: I still aim to make them every year. I want to make some NOW and eat half the batch! Aside from that, this scent gives me a goofy grin and my eyes roll back *every time* I put it on and snoof. As it wears, the berries slip into the background and I have that oaty ambery vanillary thang going on. Gods, but this is a comfort scent. I'm with Luna on an oatmeal-amber scent being "A Delicious Thing Indeed." :):heart:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 9 months later...

"This is yummy. This reminds me of Animal Crackers, but a Christmasy version of it. Smells like fruity, spicy cookies on me." Okay, that was my initial 2014 impression when I was new to LP. After trying the sampler more and ultimately buying a full bottle from Etsy, I get cookie, but I also get that slightly medicinal pink sugar thing that lingers around from the berries. This is showing my age, but it reminds me of baby aspirin, that chewable childhood pill that is tolerable but you would not mistake for candy. Pinky, berry, sugary tends to turn medicinal on me. I also have that issue with Reindeer Droppings and even LP Pink which is such a sweetheart of a scent. I am usually leery of the pink sugar scents and I know the note is berries, but it turns the whole cookie into a pinky sugary thing for me. I guess I am trying to say that the berries stand out above the rest of scent for me. Won’t stop me from wearing it, I just prefer a more full-bodied total cookie scent.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a yummy sweet bowl of oatmeal/granola bar on me. It didn't change much after initial application, which I was glad about, because I liked it as it was. It totally does evoke the feeling of being in your jammies and eating something comforting.

• 6 months later...

I almost didn't get this one because I was worried about the berries. Sometimes they go wonky on me, and do that weird "smooth plastic" kind of thing. Not here! Upon initial application I was overwhelmed by berries - big, fat, juicy berries! They were so big that I got no sense of the cookie bit of this scent. Now that it's dried down, I smell like jammy oatmeal or shortbread cookies. The berries have backed off considerably, and there's a gentle cookie goodness underneath. This is going to be awesome for snuggly fall days! I'm glad I took the plunge. :)