Archive: Love Potion: Pumpkin

luna65

A spooky-sweet Halloween pumpkin, swirled within our lusciously famous Love Potion base of vanilla, amber and patchouli with a dash of juicy apricot, we’ve included the Autumnal delights of creamy pumpkin drizzled with gooey golden honey and caramel. Completed and empowered on the Autumnal Equinox to grant you abundance - as our signature scents always do - in LOVE!

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: Jennifer King

October 2016

PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
CARAMELIZED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

AJA ~ A new copulin analog from a natural plant hormone which, when concentrated, gives off a honey-like scent which is incredibly evocative of sexual arousal; the smell attracts bees, insects, birds and animals to the plants, aiding in pollination.

It’s never a good idea for me to go shopping when my mind is so distracted, but I couldn’t stop thinking about various problems I wished I could solve or fix, like Brad - who I’ve been carrying a torch for so long I was surprised no one had arrested me for impersonating a national monument - when I bumped into someone on the street, and I looked up at a cauldron-shaped sign with a flowing script declaring “Potions & Notions.”  The cauldron was topped with bubbles and stars, I glanced into the shop window, and a little voice told me I should go in...

The bell over the door chimed brightly and behind the long wooden counter was an old woman dressed in black with flowing gray hair, murmuring to herself as she examined various bottles on the shelves behind her.  They were seemingly hundreds of bottles of all shapes and sizes, some brightly-colored and intricately-designed, others clear and plain, but all filled with various liquids. I cleared my throat and she turned to face me with a smile, extending a long-fingered hand in my direction.

“Ah dearie, welcome to Potions & Notions - we have a potion for every one of your notions!  You may acquire whatever you desire!”

“Wow, that’s catchy!  Do you have a guarantee?”

“For magic is there is no guarantee beyond your will to invoke it.”  She punctuated this pronouncement with a merry cackle, then beckoned me towards her.  I looked around at the cramped confines of the shop.

“Have you been at this location long?  I don’t remember ever seeing this shop before.”

“Oh yes, ages and ages now.  Time marches on!”

“It’s just that I think I would have noticed such a small shop before.”

“Oh, don’t judge the shop by its’ size, dearie!”  She extended a hand in a theatrical kind of gesture and the aisle seemed to stretch away from us, elongating with a shimmer.  I shook my head in confusion.

“Oh!”

“So what can I do for ye, girl?  You’re looking a bit wan, I see, a bit...unloved, perhaps?  I have just the thing!” She turned to the shelves behind her, picking up various bottles and shaking them before holding one aloft in triumph.

“Ah yes, love love love the many-splendored thing!  You seek the love of a special boy, is that it, eh?”  She moved in closely. “I don’t show this potion to just anyone, but you look as if you could put it to good use, dearie.”

“A love potion, you mean?  Really?” I wrinkled my nose.

“Observe,” she said, unstoppering the bottle and waving the glass wand within.  The potion smelled amazing, I had to admit. Like the yummiest pumpkin scent I’d ever experienced.

“Oh hey, is that you?”  A cute guy had materialized at my elbow.  I drew back, startled. “You smell amazing!”

“Oh, well -” I stammered, feeling myself blush.

“Like, do you want to go for coffee?  Or maybe we could catch a movie?”

“Shoo!” the old lady scolded, waving her hand.  “If you’re not buying you’re flying!”

Cute Guy left in a hurry, but paused to take one more good whiff.

“Uh...that was random,” I said.

“That, my dear, is the power of the pumpkin!  Even the scientists know any male can’t resist it!  You want to turn that special boy’s head, just slather some of this!”  She pressed the bottle into my hand. “Now then, you can’t have sweetness without some spice!  Let me see what else I have here…”

(The story continues in Black Frye...)