Jennifer's Big Cat Mojo

Beccah

AD-PE-JenniferBigCM.jpg

Alluring, warm and powerful is how I'd describe Black Cat's latest creation, featuring ingredients of sweet sandalwood and rich cocoa butter, drops of exotic saffron, and a splash of grapefruit. I stayed pretty faithful to her directions, I just made one tiny change. I tempered the grapefruit with black currant. I did this because grapefruit can completely take over a blend, so I split that with black currant which still has that gorgeous tang of excitement, but it also has some richness and maturity. I think the two round each other out quite nicely.

This is absolutely lovely! It's such an interesting combination of ingredients, but when I smelled it in the sniffie my first thought was: "Blackberry mocha!" which has always been one of my favorite iced coffee-type drinks. But on my skin it's much more perfume-y though in a good way. The sweetness and tangyness of the fruit notes meld beautifully with the sandalwood and cocoa butter. I get the saffron as sort of an after-impression, it actually helps to accentuate the woodiness of the sandalwood, I think (it did the same thing to the redwood note in my Delicious Wood PE). Delicious and smooth and so unique!

• 1 month later...

Trying this one today, while I take some neighborhood kittens in to get spayed/neutered.

It's kind of soft on me. Smooth and soft. I get the cocoa butter and saffron. I'm sure the sandalwood is what makes it seem smooth. I even get a little bit of the grapefruit. I don't really get the black currant. At least my nose isn't reading it as black currant. Super pretty!

SENSUAL is the first word that comes to mind with this. I didn't realize there was sandalwood in it so that makes sense. It is definitely exotic. Different than anything I have in my collection and I love that! I don't think I really get the Grapefruit (yet) but I definitely get the tang of the black currant peeking out of the cocoa butter. I think it is sexy as hell and so glad I went FB.

And Bella, did you go FB on this? If so, I love how we both got this just weeks after proclaiming that we could not justify any more FB as our collections were out of control.... LOLOL.