Archive: Feed The Flowers

luna65

Dirge Without Zombies
(with apologies to Edna St. Vincent Millay)
I am not resigned to the burying of your best parts in the hard ground.
So the harvest must come, as it has been, time after time
Into the dirt they go, the bones and the brains. Crowned
With the axe I used to fell you, but I am not resigned.

The plantings quick and keen, the honest digging, the mulching, the tilling -
They are gone, your bits. They are gone to feed the flowers. Beautiful and bright
Is the blossom. The prize-winning blossoms of which the judges will approve.
Yet more precious was your undead lust for my brains than all the flowers in the world.

The beautiful melancholy of a funereal mood...a hint of smoke in the air, dried dusty flowers and the freshly-turned earth of an open grave...a bouquet of deep dark roses, geranium and stargazer lily mingled with earth, dry leaves and a drop of hay and dusted with mysterious resinous notes of myrrh, sandalwood, storax and benzoin. Finished with woodsmoke, powdery musk and a final kiss of white and powdered sugars.

BLACK ROSE ATTAR ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
GERANIUM ~ Cleansing, hex-breaking, protection, peace of mind, stability of emotions; love, healing, fertility.
LILY ~ Purity, modesty. Wards away evil, protects, and breaks enchantments. Prosperity, happiness, wealth, excitement.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.
HAY ~ Friendliness, fruitfulness.
STORAX ~ Healing, mental acuity, relaxation, sensual, love drawing, deflection of negativity.
BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: vintage

October 2014

Review Thread