Plant pheromones? And has anyone heard of Calypso's Oil?

Okay, so I have this perfume from reverseskinaging.com called Calypso's Oil that's supposed to have some sort of plant pheromone in it. They call it SB-74 and it's something they manufactured to foster interpersonal relations...I never really noticed if it made a difference but I'm kind of self-absorbed. I really, really like the smell and it was the first perfume I found that didn't make me sneeze and get a scratchy throat so it's got a special place in my heart.

Now that I'm totally addicted to LPMP and want to try the phero blends here, I haven't been wearing it much and apparently my boy toy misses it, which came as a total surprise to me. I think since I was wearing it when we met and for about a year after, he associates it with me. Since a lot of the phero blends I would buy to wear with him, do you phero experts think that 1. this SB-74 thing is for real, and 2. it would be okay to wear with the amazing phero blends from LPMP?

I guess I'm about to find out - I put some of the body oil in my hair and Sexology III on my torso and cleavage to go out with a guy friend. He'll be here in 5 minutes...oh well if it doesn't work at least I don't really care, haha.

Oh and here's a quick link:

http://store.reverseskinaging.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=58

I couldn't get your link to load, but I looked it up, and what I think they are calling SB-74 is really Ambrette Seed, aka Musk Ambrette. It has a scent extremely similar to deer musk and is widely used in the perfume industry. The scent of musks, whether natural or artificial, plant derived or animal derived, can produce pheromonal responses in humans. It's a scent trigger.

Oh, I see...it sounds no different from using essential oils that are supposed to be aphrodisiacs, then.

I never really knew if it affected other people or just me, but it always made me feel good wearing it. It didn't seem to have any effect on the Sexology anyway, so I'll keep investigating this with my mabn when some of my unscented phero blends arrive ;%29.gif

Thanks for the replies! :)

Edited by Carmen