Archive: Moon Sugar Candy

luna65

Our beloved customer Rebecca conjured up a sweetly magical scent – like crystallized moonlight - and we’ve brewed plenty to share! Rich thick maple syrup and maple sugar, plus the additional deliciousness of caramel and a crème brulee accord – finished with a dollop of lively lemon and a base of sweet amber.

MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
SUGAR ~Attractslove, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

Created by: Rebecca & Mara

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: vintage pin-up artwork

Valentine's collection, January 2014

Review Thread

Selene was named for the goddess, born in the phase of the New Moon, and her mother swore her daughter had been touched by the hand of Luna.  Her gray eyes were considered evidence of this by the tribes of Slaarian, and the villagers all expected she would be initiated into the Hidden Cult of She Who Unveils The Night.  The cult’s knowledge of lunar alchemy was valuable and revered.  But all Selene desired was the notice of the mage who had appeared in their midst, the dark-haired one who had mystified and mesmerized them all with his acumen of ancient lore and arcane knowledge.  But she knew she was not the only one who blushed to look into his dark eyes, to hear him speak in tones deep and honeyed, as he revealed the fortunes of those paying in coin, trinkets and other, more secretive, currency.  She had naught to show him she was special…unless the Goddess would truly touch her. 

Upon the night of the Gibbous Moon, Selene made her way to the Temple, carrying a bundle of datura as offering, for to make her obsequence and ask for guidance, for notice and favor.  But a difference sort of notice observed from a darkened side street.

A long finger with talon-like nail pointed towards her hurrying form.  “It is she!  The moonchild.”

A nod, from one with hair like the deepest shadows, who set off in pursuit.  But the figure was quiet and subtle in movement, and Selene was unaware of the hunt.  She approached the communal altar in the courtyard of the temple, the white marble pillars standing tall, veined with silver, the slab made of the same stone and already heavy with gifts for the one Selene was named for: her hewn likeness with a skein of stars for hair, crowned with a diadem of the Triple Goddess.  She looked up into the impassive calm face of the deity as she laid the flowers upon the stone, her voice a faint whisper.

“Mother Selene, how may I display the grace of your patronage?  How may I prove your consideration to the one I desire?”

Her pursuer stood just inside the gate, witnessing the petition with a smirk upon a lush mouth.   The shadow stepped forward as she completed her prayer.

“I have your answer, shining one,” he said, and she turned wide pale eyes to her desired one, startled.  In the moonlight she appeared altogether as the appellation bestowed upon her.  He held out his hand to her, and something sparkled upon his palm.

“How came you to possess the sacred crystals?” she asked, her voice still a murmur, but one made hoarse with surprise.  “Only –“

“Only those favored by Luna are given this gift, yes.  And I have travelled, across the wastes and the seas, through the mountains and down into the valleys, through the sky and across the stars, just to bring you your inheritance.”

“The stars?” she wondered.  “So it is true, then, that they say you came from that realm beyond the heavens?”

“I am from many places.  But you, you are the living light of Luna, and I bear your treasure so that I may seek your favor.”

“My favor?”  Her heart felt as though it might burst forth and fly up to those stars which he spoke of, the jeweled net spread upon the fathomless dark.

He came and knelt at her feet.  “Touch me, so I might glow as you do, that I might pierce the heart of Mystery and reside in your lustrous embrace.  And in exchange I give you back your magic.”

He placed one of the crystals against her lips.  She took it into her mouth and with the first hint of sweetness – a flavor so very cool and delicate – she felt herself becoming that which she had longed for, melting away into silvery shine and he gathered her up into his arms and bathed in her brilliance, his darkness melding into her light.