Archive: Rite

luna65

AD-Rite.jpg.708146d1a4c168d08859f8b5a8fee15d.jpg

Photograph courtesy of Zoe of WIcked VIsIon Photography (c) 2021

It is the time of year when we might long to connect with the other side, to learn what lies beyond, to reach through the veil and experience what may touch us in turn...for those who seek the knowledge of omens and portents, our specter-minded potion is just the thing for ethereal encounters, with the spirit-attraction powers of lemon blossom EO and saffron as well the citrusy glow of protective bergamot and purifying copal resin, grounded within the metaphysical aura of cedar and tropical sandalwood.

~~~~

I bought a blank book because I needed a new journal, a place to capture my thoughts and ideas and it was strange...the clerk claimed never to have seen the book in inventory, she thought it looked too old for their stock, the pages with an ivory tinge and the dark leather cover made smooth and slightly warm to the touch. I paid very little because of this and took it home, with a new fountain pen also acquired. But when I turned to the first page, ready to comment upon my day and the unusual way in which I’d found this new journal, instead of the words I’d inscribed, this is what appeared upon the page:

Gather ye the sacred woods and herbs
And by moonrise maketh a fyre to light thy ritual worke
Toss thy sacred ingredients within
And invoke ye guide of the nightside
Petition thy desire
Pay with thy bloode and thy pact
For to be a vessel to thy rider

...and that’s all. I have tried to write something, anything, else but the book will not allow it. I will not do this, as it seems incomplete and only half a ritual is too dangerous to contemplate but I am disturbed...I find myself muttering these instructions under my breath...will I find myself compelled to enact them when next the moon is full? Did the book seek me out for this reason?

COPAL ~ Love, purification, cleansing.
LEMON BLOSSOM ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
SAFFRON ~ Love, beauty, happiness, lust. Purification, healing, clairvoyance.
BERGAMOT ~ Relaxant, confidence builder. Uplifts emotions, protection, attracts riches. Mental alertness, energizing.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: Roanna Zoe

Autumn-Winter collection, October 2021