Seaweed & Sugar Scrub: Mermaid Soup 🧜🏻‍♀️🧜🏻🌊🐚🪸

Onyx

On 8/9/2015 at 5:01 PM, Potion Master said:

Seeweed Sugar Scrub - Mermaid Soup

Scrubby Scale - Medium - 3/5

Sugar scrub with a generous helping of seaweed. Seaweed is soooo good for your skin, and this is my new favorite scrub. I can't believe how smooth and silky this makes me. Said to help with acne, rosacea, detoxifies, exfoliates, nourishing, anti-inflammatory, assists thyroid functions...A little more about seaweed use for the body here: http://www.livestrong.com/article/98362-benefits-seaweed-skin/

I scented it somewhat similarly to Mermaids of Atlantis, more like a tropical umbrella drink, with primarily food flavoring oils - pineapple, coconut, mango, papaya and rum, with a dash of waterlily, and the seaweed scent comes through as well. Great stuff! Ok to use from nose to toes.

I quoted this here even though it's from over five years ago since the description may still apply to the current version. Please feel free to edit if it's not the case!

I ordered this end of November last year and it was shipped very quickly! It did not get to me until closer to the end of December (and it seemed like it went missing for around 3 weeks) probably due to the holiday mail rush. 

I was really looking forward to my bath & body package because I've been having some skin issues, especially with dryness, and I wanted to try the Olive & Apricot Cream on my hands. I'll need to write a separate review for that later, but this Seaweed & Sugar Scrub was unexpectedly very helpful with the dryness! 

At first, I was mostly neutral about this scrub. I usually prefer scrubs that can exfoliate me really well, almost to the point that it might hurt lol. I did get this knowing it's not super scrubby. It's actually quite moisturizing and good for those with more sensitive skin. I figured I might just take this out once in a while and I might struggle to finish this within six months. 

I haven't tried the Mermaids of Atlantis fragrance and I'm not picking up the individual notes of the scents in this. It does remind me of a scrub used on me during a spa day years ago. Somewhat herbal and calming but not in a lavender-type way. I asked Mr. Onyx though and he said, "I think this reminds me of the plastic in new shoes." Then later he said, "This reminds me of public bathroom soap." 😬 

Anyway, one day, I decided to just use this in place of soap. I used it on my face, my body, and my feet. I even scrubbed my hands because they were very itchy due to the dryness. After I was done showering, I felt my hands and wow! The leftover butter and oils that remained protected my hands during subsequent handwashing and they felt so soft! I felt so good because of that and I thought I smelled great too. I went up to Mr. Onyx and just asked him to sniff me. He said, "You smell nice. Like luxurious hotel soap." I informed him that this was the same scrub that he said reminded him of the plastic in new shoes and public bathroom soap. He said it smelled different on me. He smelled it again in the bathroom later and he said he's sorry but it really reminds him of the portable loos. 😭🫣😆 I think he's picking up on the seaweed aspect and making that association. I really like this stuff though and I think it smells great on me.

I've been putting my jar by the sink so that I can use it after handwashing to help my hands. I've been using too much though (probably a tablespoon every time) and I started really going through it! I'm trying to save it a bit now because I only have a quarter of the jar left! I also accidentally left too much water in the jar after one shower. It separated the butter/oils and formed a layer on top. I had an idea to just use that part on my skin and it smelled so good! I almost did not want to wash it off! (I also tried the emulsion as a hair conditioner but I need to do more testing on that.)

I think if possible, Mermaid Soup would also be great as a Seaweed & Salt Scrub (for those like me who'd like more scrubbiness) and a Body Butter & Oil because the way its butter & oils sit on the skin is just too good both in scent and moisturization! 🧜🏻‍♀️🧜🏻🧜🏻‍♂️

Thank you, @RosesArePink! It's a very gentle scrub for me and I think it would be fine unless someone's allergic or sensitive to the ingredients. I don't know if they do samples for these but that might be a nice idea for those with sensitive skin!