Summer of '74

luna65

AD-Summer74.jpg.df0d6abb1c43b31e6f7030d204f74d95.jpg

Scent: By request, a frangipani scent that evokes a bygone era.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
FRANGIPANI ~ Trust, affection, confidence. Rebirth, sacred holiness, blessings. 
JASMINE ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spirituality, spiritual love, connection to the divine.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, is vitalizing.
BERGAMOT ~ Relaxant, confidence builder. Uplifts emotions, protection, attracts riches. Mental alertness, energizing.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not familiar with frangipani, but this is very pretty! I love that it’s not in-your-face floral, and the deeper resinous notes really make this wearable for me. Very well blended, once it’s dried down, I can’t really distinguish one note from another.

This one was one of my favorites from the summer collection(I ordered samples of all of them). This smells like a vintage shampoo to me, something like dressing room powder from the 70’s mixed with a gentle divine floral musk. Very chic, love the label art!

This is really interesting to me, the mix of resinous notes remind me of incense but it's tempered by the others to render it less weighty.  I don't know that I'm getting frangipani as such, or at least not as I recognize it.  I get the overall white floral vibe for sure, though.  I guess this does have a '70s mood in terms of the layering, with the brightness, floral heart, and deep base.