Sugared Black Tea

Beccah

AD1-SugBlkTea.jpg

Sugared Black Tea

* Fresh and clear black tea oils - classic English style and a touch of Indian spiced too - sweetened with white, powdered and muscavo sugars. An uplifting scent both sexes can wear.

• SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
  • BLACK TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.

• 1 year later...

This is not AT ALL what I expected. I expected a Demeter (in straightforwardness and simplicity, not quality)-type experience, a strong black tea with three lumps of sugar, full stop. It's the opposite. It's multidimensional and even mysterious.

Wet, sure, I got a blast of tea, but it is refined and sophisticated, fancy-hotel, and somehow thick, full, and rounded. This is delightful, but then it becomes rapidly and drastically more delightful as it dries. It gets richer. It just keeps blooming and blooming, and getting bigger and bigger. It seems to pick up additional notes somehow. I don't QUITE exactly actually smell these additional notes, but nearly so, and somehow their "feel" is very present, thickening and enriching: bourbon vanilla, a taffy-chewy amber, warm library-panel woods, even fruits like lychee and pineapple. It smells expensive. :) The late drydown is simply incredible. It's complex and throws more than ever. It's like a virtuosic cadenza at the end of the last movement of a concerto - you didn't think it could get any better but then: fireworks.

I got more compliments on this in a few hours than anything else I can recall. For a couple of the women I asked them to guess who made it or what was in it. Neither accurately identified notes (they both guessed sandalwood), but one guessed Annick Goutal and the other Le Labo. So that gives you an idea of the mood and sensibility it gives off.

As with so many other Sugareds, for me this has no need to be layered with anything else. I didn't fully appreciate its amazingness until I tried it alone. No one should ever be without this :D

Edited by tyvey

• 1 month later...