Lisa's Outback

Beccah

AD-PE-LisaOutback.jpg

A gift for Lisa, who has happy memories of her time in the Australian Outback and wished to have an olfactory reminder of an aroma she loved: that of burning dried shrubs and grasses. This is a dry, smokey nature scent comprised of sandalwood, indian paintbrush, dried eucalyptus, dry sage, smoke, and lemongrass. A beautiful unisex scent.

• 2 weeks later...

Very different in the vial versus on the skin for me. In the vial it seems feminine, springlike. On my skin it is fresh, expensive soap. Absolutely unisex - would be a very fine daytime scent for a man - a well-dressed, erudite one It is uplifting and energizing, and yet calming somehow maybe reassuring or confidence-boosting are better words for it. I would want to wear something like this if I were taking an important test, for example. It fairly screams for a Focus boost.

OK, this one is a magical mystery to me!

Wet in the vial, I get grasses and lemon.

Wet on me, I amp the LEMON to the Lemonth Dimension for the first 45 -60 minutes. Then it settles down into a handful of wonderful prickly grasses, with a healthy dose of -- you guessed it -- lemongrass. At this point it most closely resembles what I expected from the description and it's wonderful -- fresh and green and clean.

But. Somewhere between hours 6 and 8 something astonishing happens. I'll start to think, ooh, it's worn off, am I clear to apply another scent? and then sniff my arm and almost pass out from a wave of nostalgia and shivery olfactory pleasure. It becomes something so complex and haunting, and I know it's reminding me of some gorgeous scent from my childhood (except, you know, a thousand times better because Mara's work of art and not a commercial perfume with fixatives). Maybe Persian Woods? In any event, it delights me and while I don't know if anyone else will experience this (because it does not read like "burning dried shrubs and grasses"), it has made my day, my week, my month to experience this! Thank you so much, dear Mara, for knowing I would love this one!

I have been to Australia - but not the Outback - although this does bring back a memory of going to Springwood and then up into the Blue Mountains, the smell of eucalyptus and the overall dry tang in the air. So it is a memory-in-a-bottle for me as well. The lemongrass in this one is rather soapy on me.

• 2 weeks later...

OH EMM GEE!!! Y'all, I am getting a somewhat different thing from this one, and I am so in love with it. Snoofing the vial, it's all sunny lemongrass with supporting background notes--bright and clean. Hitting my skin, it's still lemongrass, and I can detect a bit of smokiness with some other indefineable stuff waaaayyy in the background. And then...the sandal starts coming to the fore! The smokiness hangs around the edges and the lemongrass sort of delicately frames the whole thing. It's still gently fresh, but the sandal starts sweetening and rounding everything out. I even get occasional whiffs of an earth note, and I have no idea what's smelling like that. As time goes on, the sandalwood develops more, and it's so lovely and sweet! At extreme drydown it stays as mostly that sweet, round, sandal, with a touch of dry grassiness about as far out on the edges as it can get without disappearing. It strikes me as a sister of Totem: Bat, which is a part of my soul. GODS!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE.

:hearts0425::purr::hearts0425::purr::hearts0425:

Edited by ElizabethOSP