Sign in to follow this  
Beccah

Melissa's Second Spark

AD-PE-MeliisaSpark2.jpg

Melissa was missing her old favorite, Spark in the Dark. Spark was released 6 years ago, so no chance of any of the same ingredients, but I crafted something reminiscent using a paring of sweet ambers and fruity musks, with smidgens of cedar and patchouli, and a sprinkling of white sugar on top. It's a sultry musky scent that's perfect for warmer months.

This is so perfect for my needs right now! It’s soft and musky, lays close to the skin, and lasts for hours. I’m limited to what I can wear at work, but this is perfect. 

I remember Spark in the Dark. It was a bit different, not as smooth as this version. I always wavered on getting a bottle. I’m glad I have a bottle of this one!

Even though there can't be a true resemblance to the inspiration in this case, I decided to compare them anyway.  Granted, Spark in the Dark has had a lot of time to age, so there's that consideration too.

I get a definite musky-woody-resiny mix with Second Spark, whereas Spark is powdery-smooth and sheer.  Second Spark is somewhat more "sticky" you might say, although I think this could be unisex because it's not really sweet on me at all.  It's a lighter-toned way to wear cedar, that's the primary impression I get from it.