Sugared Cucumber

Beccah

AD1-SugCucumber.jpg

Sugared Cucumber

* Several cucumber oils blended with just a sheer layer of white sugar. So cool and refreshing!

• CUCUMBER ~ Healing, fertility, abundance, invigorating.
  • SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone tried this? I'm intrigued. The one scent I have that contains cucumber is Lost Luggage, which I love, and I could see myself using cucumber with a lot of other things (and also alone).

Edited by Witty Kitty

Has anyone tried this? I'm intrigued. The one scent I have that contains cucumber is Lost Luggage, which I love, and I could see myself using cucumber with a lot of other things (and also alone).

Yes! I can't believe I have never reviewed this.

I bought ALOT of the Sugareds when Mara put them out. It's really a geat line & idea (as are the Fairy Cakes). I think we take them for granted. ;)

It was A Big Deal when these came out.

I love Mara's fragrances with cucumber. My fav is probably Wendy's Hot and Humid.

This is one of my favorite Sugareds. I have quite a few. But, if Mara were to decide to cut the Sugareds this would require an additional big backup bottle at the least.

It's clear,very slightly watery, fresh cucumber. Made soft and a little sweet by the sheer sparkly sugar. It's a not a super sweet scent. But it's very pretty. Alone or I like to layer it with Sugared Melons, Pineapple or Linen. Or if you like clean scents you could layer any of those combos with some clean musk or Sugareds Egyptian Musk. I'd love to try it with a couple of the Sugared lorals or black pepper.

I haven't tried this one, but I have Sugared Green Tea, and I've always wanted to try it with this!

That's a good idea. I'd bet it's a good combo.

Thanks, StacyK. Yeah it seems like there are a lot of layering possibilities! :Emoticons10311:

Sure. It's really very pretty. A perfect scent for warmer Spring or Summer.

• 4 years later...

It's hot and I'm wearing cool scents. This goes on cool and very cucumber-y, almost crystalline, but once it dries down the sugar comes out and takes it to another level. There's something so sweet it's almost buttery, which reminds me of the buttery candy note in LP Pink. Maybe this is the blend of sugars? 

I thought this would be more like lightly sweetened cucumber, like the crisp sweetness of a fresh-from-the-garden cucumber, but once it dries down, this is like cucumber candy or cucumber ice cream. On my skin it's almost a gourmand cucumber.  Ive never smelled a gourmand cucumber before and now I can’t stop smelling myself!