The man in the label image looks like Patrick Stewart to me lol. I also tried this for the first time yesterday as part of my no-rest sniffs. This is potent! The first note I get is the spicy clove. I can easily smell the smokiness and incense. I'm not picking out the Earl Grey separately, but I can somewhat smell it very well blended in as very, very strong bergamot and black tea leaves. Interestingly, this fragrance smells cool to me. 

This does smell very much like the description. I can imagine this scent in a club lounge or a cigar bar, where they would be playing some nice jazz or blues music. This would be very well worn by elegant, middle-aged gentlemen. I would actually like to give this scent to my father. He sometimes smells like this as a result of the cacophony of fragrances he uses that somehow works for him. I think a lady like Carmen Sandiego could pull this off too. 

Can I pull this off? Yesterday, I would have said definitely not. I have this on again today, and although my scent of preference nowadays is cosy foodie, I'm starting to find it appealing.

1 hour ago, Amanda said:

@OnyxCarmen SanDiego!😂 I love that you said that, I’ve always liked to imagine what my favorite characters would smell like.

Thank you, Amanda! I'm glad to see someone else here that knows of her. She is awesome! 😎

Whenever you get your package and get around to this one, I'm curious to hear of your impressions of this scent too. 

I reached out for this again today. I just tried a cedar leaf 🍃 body wash and something in it reminded me of this. I put this on again and although they're not quite the same, there's a similarity. Perhaps it's the sandalwood in this and the cedarwood note in the body wash that give similar earthy and woody vibes. I read that sandalwood is sweeter and softer than cedarwood. This blend overall is more bitter than just cedarwood though. It's interesting how the other notes such as black tea, bergamot, and spicy clove affect that. 

10 hours ago, Amanda said:

Something about this burns my nose a bit but I could see this being devastating on a gentleman. I’m picturing “the most interesting man in the world” Or Captain Lee from Below Deck. It’s very debonair. 

I know what you mean regarding something that feels strong on the nose. I think it might be the spicy clove. It felt like that for me on Day 0 but it surprisingly mellowed out a lot for me. 

By the way, I really like your review! You have a way with words! I like how you said it's debonair and devastating on a gentleman. I can totally "The Most Interesting Man in the World" wearing this! 

Thank you @Onyx
I don’t have a man to try this on but I’m going to let my uncle try it the next time I see him. He usually smells like spicy soap so I think he would like it. I think the clove is too much for my cat, he would not come near me and usually he’s my little weighted blanket.😂