Garland & Lace 2023 w/Lace

AD-GarlandLace.jpg

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, is vitalizing.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 2 weeks later...

This was my first impression of Garland & Lace (2023):

On 10/16/2023 at 3:56 PM, Onyx said:

Garland & Lace: I initially got some spice, I think gingerbread? I also got a whiff of something that reminds me of the signature Love Potion scent based on my sniffie of Love Potion: Red. It smells very faint to me though. I think I was only able to identify this due to gingerbread. I'm not sure if it's just a scent closer to the skin and is being overwhelmed by the other scents I put on. I need to try this again later.

It was very faint for me on Day 0 and still is very faint on Day 10, unfortunately. There are a few scents in 'Weenies 2023 that are not as strong for me, but I think this has the least throw. I've even slathered it. I have to really get in there to smell it! I thought it might just be my skin, but I applied a generous amount on a tissue and it's still quite faint. 

What I can smell of this though, is very nice. Before, I was mostly identifying the gingerbread. Now that I've somewhat made myself sick from drinking eggnog these past few days, I can recognize it here now too. 😆 It's actually the forefront scent for me now. From the tissue, I'm getting whiffs of eggnog, while I'm getting gingerbread and pumpkin pie from my arm. I think the part of this that is reminiscent of Love Potion: Red for me might be the amber, or perhaps the amber and vanilla notes used may be similar. 

As I am typing this review, I am getting more whiffs of this from the tissue. When I put my nose up to it, I detect the faintest trace of this, but far away I can smell it so well. It smells so nice, delicious, and creamy! Are you kidding me? The tissue gives it more throw than my skin!!! 😂😭

My verdict is: if this worked for my skin, I would probably get a full bottle. This is such a delicious blend that I'd really like to wear during Christmas. It's a very nice mélange of holiday foodie scents without being overwhelming. Unfortunately, perhaps due to its deliciousness, my skin just eats this up so much. I will try this on a blouse, perhaps that might give this better sillage.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to trying this! After reading all the notes I’m trying to pick them out but all I’m getting is eggnog, which is delicious! And since it’s got Lace it’s a much safer everyday wear than Compromising Positions, which is a favorite. It’s creamy, slightly thick, sweet and yummy. I don’t get selfies from many pheros but Lace is a favorite for the hits I get from others. I didn’t try any of the previous versions of this but I am so happy I finally got this one!

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been hearing about it a lot prior to Mara and the team bringing it back. Ordered a trial and then a full bottle. I think the scent is very sheer/light so expect to have to refresh every few hours

• 4 months later...

Yeah this is really sheer, much more sheer than I would have expected.  I did a double-layer on my wrist and I still can't smell much.  And I'm just not used to that when it comes to G&L.  In the long drydown there's something about this which is doing that Play-Doh thing, sadly.