Trina's Summer Sky

Beccah

AD-PE-TrinaSummerSky.jpg

Trina is summoning a beautiful memory of lying in a summer field strewn with clover and wildflowers, sipping flower nectar and staring at the clouds! Her words were so lovely, I hope I came close with this ode! The scent of wildflowers and fresh greenery, clover tea and flower honeys, all resting on a pillowy base of sweet white musk (the same musk that's in LVs Sweet Pussycat, per Trina's request.). Lovely lovely lovely scent.

I got this on Friday and have worn it every day since then. I've been trying to figure out how to review it. This is my second PE. I am blown away at how Mara can take your idea for a PE and turn it into something that's what you were requesting but a million times better than you can ever imagine. Anyone who is reading this and has been considering a PE just DO IT! You will not be disappointed! (Make sure the PE making time is available)

So there is this field that is on and near my family's homestead in northern Minnesota. When I was young, we lived in one house and my grandparents lived in another house across the field. We had a trail leading to their house and visited almost daily. My sister now lives in my grandparents house and all of my sisters and I have inherited the land. It's important to us all.

When we were little, we played a lot in the field. It is tall grass that is full of wild flowers and clover. I would lay down and hide in the field and just see tall grass, flowers, and the sky. We would pick the clover and suck the nectar out of the little tubes on the flower.

OK, so now to the actual scent. I tore into the box! No joke. Actually cut my finger because I was careless and way too excited to see and smell this. (Cut with a scissors. I'm clumsy and accident prone) I shook the bottle a lot (because I'm finally learning this) and applied A LOT. Initially, it was very wild flowers and greenery. (Don't let this scare you... keep reading!) Within 30-45 minutes the clover tea, honey, and musk started to to become a lot stronger and the wild flower and greenery stepped way back. It's GORGEOUS. I was in love.

Next day, I put it on again and it's EVEN BETTER! It was way more blended and then I remembered that I should try to let the LP's settle first and then try them. It's hard. I'm impatient.

It is this beautiful mix of clover, honey, and musk, with background hints of wild flowers and grasses. It's like the flowers and grasses are gently blowing in the wind around me. The clover tea is almost indescribable but I can almost taste it, it's so good. The tea and honey act as the lower base note in this. It's soft. The musk brings the clouds. Like Mara said, it's pillowy, like those big puffy clouds on a perfect summer day! In the longer dry down, it turns into this lightly perfumed skin musk, like I've spent the day in the field and it's now perfumes my skin and I've been drinking clover nectar with honey bees buzzing around me. I can see the grasses, flowers, honey bees. I can hear me and my sisters as little kids, whispering and giggling in the field. I hope they love this as much as I do! I hope it brings the same types of memories to them as it does to me. I LOVE THIS!

FYI: This is a type of scent you could wear anywhere. It's feminine, soft, pretty, not overly floral, soft subtle honey, not too sweet, beautiful musk.

Edited by tink333

Oh, Tink, what a great review; I'm drooling at the prospect of my bottle now!

I'm excited to try this because some aspects of it sound similar to what I was going for in my Farmhouse Afternoon, but it sounds as if the execution of the concept is going to be quite different. Mara's gifts are so wide ranging and extraordinary, but I am always especially blown away by her ability to evoke landscapes and seasons with an emotional component.

Yay for you being off and running with PEs! Can't wait to try this one and see what you conjure up next!

Oh, Tink, what a great review; I'm drooling at the prospect of my bottle now!

I'm excited to try this because some aspects of it sound similar to what I was going for in my Farmhouse Afternoon, but it sounds as if the execution of the concept is going to be quite different. Mara's gifts are so wide ranging and extraordinary, but I am always especially blown away by her ability to evoke landscapes and seasons with an emotional component.

Yay for you being off and running with PEs! Can't wait to try this one and see what you conjure up next!

I just looked up and read about Farmhouse Afternoon. I know I've seen it on Etsy but it looks like it was released right before I joined the forum. Back then I was super duper newbie and had no idea about all the wonderful treasures around here, especially PE's! (Now I'm just a newbie LOL!) So now that I know a little more, after reading Farmhouse Afternoon again I can see that these are very similar in the intent but with two completely different views. Dang it! Now I need Farmhouse Afternoon too! ?. Just reading it, I think I can almost smell it... almost but I know it will be way better than I can imagine. I can't wait for you to try this one! Hope you like it!

ETA: Farmhouse Afternoon has been ordered.

Edited by tink333

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I've worn this a few times now and it is delightful! It definitely calls to mind Farmhouse for me -- it has that same amazing combination of the most gorgeous green nature notes, but a very clean feeling, as if I'd just stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself in a pure organic cotton towel. :-) But what I love about this is the clover tea and flower honey. It isn't exactly a floral, but it really has that scent of wildflowers on the breeze. I can totally feel myself in tink's meadow -- I'm lying with my face pressed to the grass, feeling the heat of the sun and the coolness of the earth. It's another of Mara's wonderfully nostalgic scents for me too. All the best parts of being a kid come rushing back.

Truly stunning concept and execution; congrats to Tink and Mara!!!!

Ah you guys are killing me here. I thought I didn't need it cause I don't get real excited about tea, but your "wild flowers in the breeze " comment..yeah. And the grass..sounds so lovely! I'm trying to narrow down my choices for an order, and now I see this, haha! I was thinking about the Harlequin PE too because it sounds so dark, which I love, but I'd really like to hear someone review that.

Between this and Farmhouse, which would you guys say lasts longer? And are they super sheer? Thanks in advance!

This is one of those scents that smells VERY different in the bottle vs wet vs drydown.

Sniffing from the bottle I thought "oh dear" as there was some floral in there that I always associate with air freshener and cleaning products.

I rolled it on and thought "Irish spring" (soap) which was unexpected and not necessarily something I'm keen to smell like.

But then within seconds on the skin it bursts into a symphony. The tea and the honey immediately bloom and give an impression of colorful translucent blown glass. In fact if anything it's honey and tea that are just laced with very bright multicolored wildflower essence rather than the other way around. The flower aspect really is incredibly vivid though for me not so much because it smells like any particular flowers, but because the smell "feels" like the variety of *colors* in a wildflower field. I once trespassed across some meadows in the Swiss alps on an extremely gorgeous day when the grass was fiercely almost neon green and choked with a riotous crayola-64 array of flowers, and there were moments I actually felt myself pleasantly almost slipping out of my mind because it was too beautiful to bear. The floral part of this smells NOT like those flowers smelled - those flowers didn't throw a lot - but the way they LOOKED. It's like....a cocktail of port jolie over ice with a few dashes of floral syrup. It's intense.

Edited by tyvey

tyvey, what an amazing description! I love the blown glass comparison. And, I can see myself in this field you're talking about even though I've never been there. I get that soapy scent at first too but I didn't get Irish Spring. I don't really want to smell like that either so I'm glad it went away for you. Oh, and I have never tried Port Jolie, but I got a bottle in the sale and now I'm super excited to try it!

Cheesy, this has some crazy staying power. It lasts a long time on your skin but get this. I wore it last Tuesday to work. I haven't been back at my desk until today. I could smell it at my desk and my nose is stuffy!

And BC, THANK YOU! I'm so glad you like it. I cannot wait to try Farmhouse Afternoon now. And, you are exactly right. These nostalgic scents bring back only the very best of childhood memories! Opal's Joi de Vivre is very similar to me in that aspect so I'm sure Farmhouse Afternoon will be amazing!

❤❤❤

Edited by tink333

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Bumping for Sale!

one bottle left of this beaut! The notes don’t really give you a full pic of what this is like. It’s fresh and crisp to me to the point that my brain thinks apple even though there is none. Lightly floral, a tad sweet but not cloying at all. Cool and warm at the same time which is a pretty neat trick. Refreshing and comforting.