Flowers For Izzy

Beccah

AD-PE-FlowersForIzzy.jpg

Our own Izzy D asked me to recreate a much loved traditional scent that men have been donning since the 1950's, (but I still consider it on the femme side of unisex). The source: Tres Flores Brilliantine, hair pomade for men. The most easily recognizable note is the centerpiece of jasmine, but the other two are secret and I had to guess...to my nose, they smell like neroli and carnation, both somewhat masculine notes so that makes sense, and it came out almost identical to the original. Very nice!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not familiar with the pomade, I don't think, so I can't speak to that aspect. To me, it's a very deep old-fashioned kind of floral blend. It's almost like a lighter version of Remind Me Again. It makes me think of Florida Water too, for some reason - probably the neroli.

Three Flowers Brilliantine is sold at my meijers. We are lucky to have a Hispanic toiletry section in ours. It does indeed smell a lot like Lannam/Murray Florida water. I'm interested in this one. I assume it's kinda like Happy Water too then. Sans phero.

ETA-saw the Remind me Again comment. Wow that's awesome! I really want to try this now.

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 3 years later...

I got a kind gift sniffie of this and it is a stunner. Jasmine is not my favorite flower (bad associations, & it very occasionally gives me headaches), & in the sniffie I wasn’t too keen, but - AND THIS IS WHY YOU ALWAYS TRY THINGS ON! - on my skin it just kind of went “oh yes, I have always belonged here- I am at home now” - even though it is pretty “big” as white flowers tend to be, it is NOT stabby at all.  It is a little creamy, in fact.  It somehow feels like a skin scent.  It has a very clean, classic vibe. It reminds of Last Holiday when she goes into the boutique and says “make me... INTERNATIONAL.”  It is what the hallways and linens of Aaron Peel’s Roman palazzo in Killing Eve probably smell like (I mean this as a compliment).