Denise's Warm Hug

Beccah

AD-PE-DeniseWH.jpg

Denise asked for something that would feel like a warm hug, with Tea and Tonka as the centerpiece. Featuring cedarwood, black tea, tonka and white sugar - it came together beautifully. A tiny touch masculine because Tonka is akin to a boyish vanilla, esp combined with the cedarwood. In the end, what I feel from it is like a comforting hug from a masculine loved one. A very nice idea.

• 2 weeks later...

This is definitely evocative of the name :) The black tea is very comforting. It would be a good option for women who don't feel like wearing something sweet or particularly feminine. I'll enjoy wearing this alone but I could see this pairing well with Balm Bomb or B2/Teddy BB.

Edited by Witty Kitty

This is very nice actually. It's like it rained somewhere in Washington in the woods, and there's a man sitting on the porch drinking tea with milk and smoking tobacco from his pipe. The tobacco smell is not too strong it's more like part of the big picture. It's definitely male and chai.

I can't picture tea-like and masculine lol!

Actually because of the black tea this reminds me of Pashazade, which is exactly that. I love the blending of these notes, it is nicely masculine to me, but with a slightly sweet undertone. Very sexy, an excellent idea! I think this is what I wanted Ann's Long Winter's Nap to be.

This is very nice actually. It's like it rained somewhere in Washington in the woods, and there's a man sitting on the porch drinking tea with milk and smoking tobacco from his pipe. The tobacco smell is not too strong it's more like part of the big picture. It's definitely male and chai.

I get a hint of tobacco too when I put my nose close to the application spot. It's always so interesting how different notes can interact to give the impression that something is in there that isn't.