Ambre Fox

Beccah

AD-AmbreFox_540x.jpg?v=1633306532

Photograph Courtesy of Zoe of WIcked VIsIon Photography (c) 2021

Scent: Bright citrus mélange over deep resins. 

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

ORANGE & BLOSSOMS ~ Strong ‘magnet’ to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.

OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.

CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.

SAFFRON ~ Love, beauty, happiness, lust. Purification, healing, clairvoyance.

I was drawn to this one from the outset because it contains many things which I enjoy, olfactory-wise.  My first impression sniff was "woody-saffron" but the citrus definitely comes out in application.  Mara said the concept reminded her of Lumine d'Terra.  I think the oud and saffron take this in a really interesting direction and definitely unisex.  The citrus is bright but more dry?  I think?  Not sweet at all.  It has a fall-ish impression but I would say this is an anytime fragrance if you like it, the weight of it is suitable for day or night.  It's a bit on the lighter side, even with the resins/woods.  So intriguing to me in its' expression!

ETA: after the citrus burns off the woodiness is more apparent.

Amber lovers, you will want this one! This is a cozy scent for cooler weather  and it’s true ambery goodness! 
warm, woodsy and sweet. I love it! Definitely unisex. 
gotta let this settle but it’s good.

This was my only FB purchase and I could have bought 10.  Just came today so I know there is travel shock, but my first impressions are citrus  plus woody and masculine on initial blast but the citrus went away after about 10 minutes.  Then it morphs to wood and after 15 minutes, I have this sexy non sweet amber that is still woody and a little Smokey, but I think the honey and sweetness will pop out shortly.  I wish it was a tad more sweeter, but I can layer a sweeter note if needed.  Nailed the unisex amber perfectly.

Yeah, @johnsonlisa90012you could def layer some Pure Sugar with this to sweeten it.

I needed a full bottle of this as well. My nose picked up a very expensive men's eau du parfum vibe upon first sniff. Ambre Fox is def a bargain at $25. 

Back to the scent, my sample was still jet lagged from it's travels but I could not stop sniffing my arm. My skin tends to sweeten most scents up. (Must be my natural skin chemistry.) So I'm not getting the dryer vibe that others are. My nose wants to interpret the oud+citrus+saffron as a slight tobacco element for some reason, but like the slightest whisper of tobacco? Idk. The play between cedar, citrus, & amber kept drawing my nose as I tested my sample. Even though the vibe is of an expensive men's cologne that would cause me to violate a man wearing this' personal space; it somehow works very well as a women's scent too. Ambre Fox is going to age like Cher, so I'm thinking I probably need to get a back up bottle.