Bosom Bows 2023 w/Queen Bee

AD-BosomBows-USGSAlaska.jpg

Scent: Gender-neutral scent and vibe, lightly spiced woody vanilla.
.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
OAK ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
SPICE ~ Sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

• luna65 unlocked this topic
  • 1 month later...

I find this one unisex (strictly scent-wise, not counting the phero), but in a different way than usual. It's both masculine and feminine at the same time. The overall scent I find on the more feminine side of unisex, but the oak note itself is reading really masculine on me. It's like they're competing with each other. I think with aging, though, that will soften and blend more. In fact, I think it's going to age beautifully, and won't be at it's best for at least a year or two.

The oak and vanilla are combining in a way that's vaguely reminiscent of tobacco. Not tobacco, but sort of next door to tobacco. The vanilla itself is more a sweetness and doesn't announce itself as vanilla the way it might in a foodie scent. After a couple of hours, I get some of the sandalwood coming through. The spice is there, but it's definitely in the background. More as a backup singer. The oak and vanilla are the stars of the show.

To compare to Buddy Beaux, I find this one doesn't have as many deeper notes and is a bit sweeter. Not sweet, but sweeter. I think that's why Bosom Bows is reading more feminine to me, even with that strong oak note. The spice in Bosom Bows is also less prominent to me. The oak in Buddy Beaux blends a little more with all of the other things it has going on, and the amber gives it more heft and complexity.

I have a bottle of the original Bosom Bows and this is reminiscent of that one but I think it's got an overall softer roundness.  It's a dry spicy sandalwood which is underscored by the vanilla and oak.  It comes off as slightly more feminine than Buddy Beaux, IMO, but still wholly unisex.  It's a very "anytime" kind of scent because it has such a warm neutral impression.