Ghost Dust w/Open Windows (2023)

AD-GhostDust-usgsAntarctica.jpg

Scent: Ethereal dusty resins with a hint of spiced fig.
.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.
BANYAN FRUIT ~ A type of Fig, which shares many of the same qualities and also a few of it’s own due to it’s unique nature. Resourcefulness, endurance, rebirth, eternal life, expansion, enlightenment, desire, interdependence. Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality. Treat Banyan Trees with respect to avoid the wrath of the tree spirits that dwell within.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
CINNAMON and CASSIA BARK ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers. Used in ancient mummification rituals.

• luna65 unlocked this topic

Trying this on today, and it's my favourite so far. If your mom sold Avon back in the day like my mom did, you'll notice right away the similarities between this and the pink bubble bath scent. I love it for that alone, but as it dries down, the incense note becomes more noticeable and I'm addicted. I can't get over how good this is! 

• 4 weeks later...

This was the most unusual scent out of all the test vials that I got, because most of the notes in this are new to me. I obviously know what vanilla, musk and cinammon smell like, but not the rest. I find it harder to write a specific review because of that. I do like the scent though. It’s a sort of pleasant smell you get on your skin after a shower, a bit too unisex for me, but I am glad I tried it.

I don’t love this scent when first applied, but after about an hour it is amazing. I’ve worn it to two family get togethers recently and I’ve been in a great mood, which is unusual when I’m around my family. I’m normally pretty quiet and do more observing than joining. I’m awkward around my family, never really understood why. But these last 2 times I’ve been laughing and joining conversations and playing games, just having a good time! My cat also seems to really love this, it seems like he’s licking it right off my arm and he’s even more snuggly than he usually is, and he’s pretty damn snuggly. This is my first time trying open windows and I think I really like it!!

ETA: actually the first family get together I was wearing 1969, which also has open windows. Yesterday I wore ghost dust. The phero is, apparently, a hit with me! 

Edited by Amanda

• 2 months later...

I really liked it and ordered a FB in spray form. Used it once for a family dinner and felt amazing: we were laughing and joking and I felt light.

As time went by I realised it’s still a bit too masculine for my liking and gave to bf. He likes it! Interestingly, on him it smells even more manly.

Notes: it is difficult to distinguish, and I don’t smell fig. Sandalwood, musk and something less familiar (maybe vetiver?) are leading notes I can catch

• 5 months later...

Love this scent -it's fresh and spicy. Doesn't seem too masculine to me-- gets almost lemony with my skin chemistry, with the undercurrent of sandalwood and resins. Love the dose of nol-- great for work, home, social. I can't be without this one!

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like the fig is pretty upfront in this, but it's doing something that doesn't smell good on my skin, sadly.  😞