Priority Shipping Option

Hey ladies- I guess I should have asked this before I placed my order... :10_small16:

I could have sworn I read somewhere on here that even if you choose (and pay for) the priority shipping option, that is just for the SHIPPING, and does not necessarily expedite your actual order turn around time. Is that true?

If that is true, I am confused... because my first order was shipped via priority mail even though I did not pay for that option as an extra in my cart. My order took about two weeks (which is fine, & is as expected...), but once it was shipped, only took two days to get to me.

This time, I chose the "expedite my order- priority mail" option in my cart for my pending order. I paid the extra $9.50 for that option. Does that mean (barring any unexpected delays) that my turnaround time should be shorter than if I were to not choose any option to expedite?

I apologize if this sounds redundant but I have pored through the forums and can't find anything specifically addressing this.

Guide me, oh wise ones. :)

Bumping....anyone? Anyone? Bueller? :rockon:
I'm that instant gratification junkie. I always use express and usually have it within a week unless I request a spell kit, or special pheromone mixes. Sometimes they send me the easy stuff first and then the rest comes priority.

Ok, the way it works.....more info than you asked for, but here's the whole scoop for the benefit of all....

--------------------------------------

First Class mail is on us, (for USA & Canada, and subsidized by us for international orders).

Paying for Priority Mail gets your stuff sent Priority Mail, but it doesn't move you up any earlier in the line. First come, first served.

Express Mail gets you moved up to the front of the line, as a courtesy, because we understand you need it fast. BUT, it still might take us a couple of days to put your order together, depending upon what is in it.

Any package weighing over 13 ounces automatically gets shipped Priority Mail, whether you pay for it or not.

Any package worth over $100 requires a signature confirmation - (PayPal makes us do that.)

All orders have delivery confirmation, which does not mean it's trackable along the way - just at the start and finish mostly.

"Off the shelf" stuff goes quick, things I have to make special will take longer.

Making multiple orders will slow down all of your orders. Your stuff will generally get pulled from the line and grouped with your other orders. We try to group them as best we can because multiple orders cost us considerably more money. First of all, we're paying for the shipping on each - plus boxes, wrapping, organza bags, etc. But also, we are paying a processing fee on each order made, and the smaller the order, the more that PayPal and our cart program charge us as a commission. For example, a $5 order will cost us a 10% commission, but a $150.00 order will cost us around 4-5%. That's why we BEG people to try to make fewer, larger orders, instead of multiple small ones in a short amount of time. All of the extra feebies we include with each order are quite expensive to produce in both employee time and in materials, so multiple small orders really hurt us. It eats up the funds that we use towards the freebies, boxes, organza bags, and postage.

I think that's everything - feel free to ask any other Qs you might have.

:lol:

Mara

Ok, the way it works.....more info than you asked for, but here's the whole scoop for the benefit of all....

First Class mail is on us, (for USA & Canada, and subsidized by us for international orders).

Paying for Priority Mail gets your stuff sent Priority Mail, but it doesn't move you up any earlier in the line. First come, first served.

Express Mail gets you moved up to the front of the line, as a courtesy, because we understand you need it fast. BUT, it still might take us a couple of days to put your order together, depending upon what is in it.

Any package weighing over 13 ounces automatically gets shipped Priority Mail, whether you pay for it or not.

"Off the shelf" stuff goes quick, things I have to make special will take longer.

Making multiple orders will slow down all of your orders. Your stuff will generally get pulled from the line and grouped with your other orders. We try to group them as best we can because multiple orders cost us considerably more money. First of all, we're paying for the shipping on each - plus boxes, wrapping, organza bags, etc. But also, we are paying a processing fee on each order made, and the smaller the order, the more that PayPal and our cart program charge us as a commission. For example, a $5 order will cost us a 10% commission, but a $150.00 order will cost us around 4-5%. That's why we BEG people to try to make fewer, larger orders, instead of multiple small ones in a short amount of time. All of the extra feebies we include with each order are quite expensive to produce in both employee time and in materials, so multiple small orders really hurt us. It eats up the funds that we use towards the freebies, boxes, organza bags, and postage.

I think that's everything - feel free to ask any other Qs you might have.

:lol:

Mara

Mara thank you so much for taking the time to write that out for me. It definitely helps now knowing the way things work behind the scenes that can't really be found on other threads (i.e. commission % per order, pkg over 13 oz automatically gets Priority mail, etc). I'll place this thread on my faves and refer to it in a few weeks when I place my next order. hehe

So, that being said... since me ordering via Priority Mail didnt move me to the front of the line...and I just got my CataLuna LPMP email... you guys must be ROCKIN over there getting stuff out QUICK! Happy that things appear to be going so smoothly for you! :)

Have a great holiday weekend! Hope you get to relax and enjoy yourself a little bit.

• 4 weeks later...
Any package worth over $100 requires a signature confirmation - (PayPal makes us do that.)

Hi there-

If I order something worth less than $100, how can I let you guys know to waive the signature confirmation on Express mail? And for it to be delivered to the apartment office when the signature is waived, so I can just pick it up on my way home?

Even though the people in my apartment complex office have the authority to sign for me, the silly mail carrier keeps trying to deliver to my actual apartment when I'm not there. He then returns it to a post office that is only open from 8-5 Monday thru Friday, so I always have to take time off work to go pick up the package.

What do you suggest I do in this case? ? :)

Hi there-

If I order something worth less than $100, how can I let you guys know to waive the signature confirmation on Express mail? And for it to be delivered to the apartment office when the signature is waived, so I can just pick it up on my way home?

Even though the people in my apartment complex office have the authority to sign for me, the silly mail carrier keeps trying to deliver to my actual apartment when I'm not there. He then returns it to a post office that is only open from 8-5 Monday thru Friday, so I always have to take time off work to go pick up the package.

What do you suggest I do in this case? ? :)

Hi Sweets!

If you want a signature waived for an express box under $100, just ask.

(Over $100, we are required by PayPal to ask for the signature or we lose the sellers' insurance they provide.)

As for special instructions to the mail carrier, I wrote your instructions on the envelope. Whether the mail carrier abides by the instructions is beyond our control, but you could leave a note for your mail carrier...either a letter with the bldg manager, or taped to the inside of your mailbox. You've probably already done this, but I did this when I used to live in a big apt complex. Left the carriers notes, and then everything was delivered to the manager's office, and she would call me when they arrived. The mail carriers preferred it to dragging them up the stairs anyway. I also always put OK TO TO LEAVE WITH BLDG MANAGER on the special instructions of all my orders.

And on another subject, it looks like the post office now isn't counting Saturday when it comes to express packages. It's a 2 business day guarantee.

xoxoxo

Mara

Hi Sweets!

If you want a signature waived for an express box under $100, just ask.

(Over $100, we are required by PayPal to ask for the signature or we lose the sellers' insurance they provide.)

As for special instructions to the mail carrier, I wrote your instructions on the envelope. Whether the mail carrier abides by the instructions is beyond our control, but you could leave a note for your mail carrier...either a letter with the bldg manager, or taped to the inside of your mailbox. You've probably already done this, but I did this when I used to live in a big apt complex. Left the carriers notes, and then everything was delivered to the manager's office, and she would call me when they arrived. The mail carriers preferred it to dragging them up the stairs anyway. I also always put OK TO TO LEAVE WITH BLDG MANAGER on the special instructions of all my orders.

And on another subject, it looks like the post office now isn't counting Saturday when it comes to express packages. It's a 2 business day guarantee.

xoxoxo

Mara

Mara, thank you as always for taking the time to reply so completely. Definitely makes me feel like a valued customer. And as for all of the above, will do & THANK YOU! :666: cannot WAIT to pick up my box tomorrow morning, eeeee!!! :D