Essential Oils & Pheros

Just wondering if anyone has combined their phero blends with their own essential oil blends?

To work I wear jasmine sambac essential oil diluted in a ton of jojoba oil because it's a nice citrusy-floral scent that seems to keep my boss happy - noticebly grumpier when I'm not wearing it, oddly enough - and because it's not a very strong scent the way I have it diluted, so it's relatively work-safe in that it's not overwhelming in a restaurant environment. I can't really wear anything too strong, as it tends to combine with the food scents, and make the food taste 'off', else I'd be sporting my new LPs.

But I was considering adding some SWS phero blend to my jasmine/jojoba blend, to see if it might help me out at work tip-wise, (with the added benefit that it might keep the chef/boss/psycho at bay.

Anyone have any experience making this kind of blend?

I would suggest maybe layering first before attempting to blend, although I'm sure Mara would know the ratios you'd want to use in such a situation.

There are work-suitable LP scents that you can search for in the Perfumery in regards to certain characteristics.

So what kind of ratios would you recommend then as far as EO/carrier/phero?

I'd like to know that, too.

My current dilution is 5% jasmine in 10ml jojoba oil, however, I'm planning to make it a 10% dilution next time, to soften it up a bit. I don't want people 'eating' my perfume! Our chef is just a little too talented for me to ruin his food for his customers with my scent. It's never been a problem before at 5%, but I think 10 might be a bit more respectful of the care he puts in, you know?

ETA, Luna, the reason I wanted to stick with the jasmine is that it's a tried-and-true with my boss. For some reason the Gordon Ramsay-esque dude just melts when I wear it. He's not Gordon Ramsay with me, he's a soft, purring kitty. And I don't want do do anything to eff-up the status-quo! Lol! The man is LOUD and SCARY! And I'm a wimp. (Not really, but he makes me feel like one!).

Edited by Eggers

Well, I think I would keep the phero-additions on the light side, because I have experienced the scent of pheros outlasting the scent of very light fragrances. So if you have a bottle of an unscented phero oil, for example, why not try starting at adding 1ml to your 10 ml bottle of your own mix - which will put 100mcg of pheros into your mix. You can always up it if it doesn't seem like enough.

Thanks Mara. I think I may try this. I'm ordering a sample of Shark Whisperer, just to test the phero. (I think the scent is mild enough that I could test it at work, judging from the description and the intent). If it works on him, and on my tips, then Bob's yer uncle! Thanks for taking the time to answer this for me. I've been considering this since I first saw Swimming with Sharks...

Plus, I remember reading that someone else on the forum had had success using this to increase tips, too, so fingers crossed! :-)