Sugared Oud

Beccah

AD1-SugOud.jpg

Sugared Oud

* Crafted of Oud attars from India and Arabia that are so thick you can stick a fork in them. Gorgeous and exotic woody resin aroma, sweetened with pink, white and brown sugars.

• SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
  • OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health

• 4 weeks later...

No surprise I'm also the first to review this one, since it does have my painted mug on it. ;)

Oude is one of those "particular" scents. When I first got into indie perfume years ago I was lucky that no one gave an internet whisper of "It's rotten wood!" in my proverbial ear or else I may have never tried--and fallen in love with--it. But yes, for those not familiar it is fermented (doesn't that sound so much friendlier?) agarwood which smells like a deeper, earthier, more shadowy type of sandalwood. The types of sugars here are appropriately darker to match. They add a sweetness that only amplifies the depth and complexity of the oude but doesn't clash with it or turn it cloying. Not smutty, but intensely sexy.

It certainly does justice to the two hours' worth of makeup work it took to get that sugar skull face.

It does justice indeed!

This is wonderful. Dark, smoky, subtle, tantalizing, mysterious.... this feels like a living breathing entity on my skin. It seems to eddy and surge, and I can almost see delicate wisps of smoke coming off my wrist. This would add a lovely smokey tinge to any number of other notes, but it also works beautifully on its own. Next time the 10 ml bottle!

• 4 weeks later...

I've never smelled oud singly before now. I'm completely fascinated by it and have no way to describe it! It seems familiar, like something I've smelled before but not something I recall wearing. It's, it's...almost sweet. But no, it's earthy. But no, it's floral...Wth is it?! :D It's beautiful, exotic, mysterious....and completely captivating!

• 1 year later...

I love Sugared Oud. This is such a beautiful, intense, deep, rich, smokey, spicy, slightly woodsy scent. It seems perfect for Autumn. Tonight I decided to blend this with Sugared Cocoa Butter. PMG YUM. It's one of the best Sugared combos I've done.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

YAY! I'm so glad you got it. It's one of my fav sugared layers. I like to mix it with Sugared Cocoa Butter.

Oh that sound like it would be smellicious!!! Yum. I've layered it with some Arabian OUD to lighten the scent a bit. There are so many OUDs. One I had a sample of gave off a stinky smell but morphed. With Sugared OUD it made it smell much better. I love OUDs ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• 4 months later...

I can't express how I feel about this scent. I can't say I like it and I can't say I don't like it.

It smells strange to me.