Lisa's Creamy Ylang

Beccah

AD-PE-LisaCL.jpg

The rich scent of whipped cocoa butter - accentuated with a dash of coconut cream - swirled together with creamy ylang ylang blossoms and dusted with powdery myrrh and white amber.

Edited by Beccah

It's lovely, it reminds me of tyvey's White Chocolate Rose in that there's a similar sense of creamy fluffy cocoa butter/coconut cream enfolded with the floral note. When I first took a sniff I said, "Ahhh!" and then was sad that it's sold out. Really well done!

I got it today!!!! Oh my Lord, it IS good! As Luna said, it is a lighter, fluffy cocoa butter (than in Pherodise,for instance). In the bottle, I smell cocoa butter but applied, it is buttery ylang first with a bit of coconut milk (not getting cream). Then I smell a hint of something deeper but today I can't distinguish myrrh over Amber or Amber over myrrh. It's much lighter than the Odalisque and much less OTP floral in Seaside Sizzle or Pherodise. And it's sheer today which I didn't expect from the notes. But it's closest to the smells of the later two. I am not a floral fan but this is very wearable for me. After 20 minutes, the cocoa butter come back strong and I realize this is exactly perfect.

Mara, you are such an artist! Thank you! I wish I had more and could share with all of you

Lisa, it was fun to compare our ylangs ;) It's funny because I had been wondering earlier this summer what it would be like to layer coconut and cocoa butter plus a floral, and then your PE came along :) I also mostly got the ylang-ylang and coconut at first, and then the cocoa butter became more present later. Creamy indeed. I'll enjoy wearing this!

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 5 weeks later...

On me, Lisa's creamy Ylang (I felt dirty writing that! Lol) is like a gourmand Ylang. A very creamy floral which leans to smelling similar to slightly spiced custard on my skin. Sounds weird, but it's the only way I can describe what I'm smelling. The fragrance is subtle, yet has good longevity. I find myself huffing as I catch gentle wafts of Ylang custard, lol

• 2 months later...

Omg this is heavenly! It's a big soft cocoa butter ylang ylang pillow. The amber keeps the cocoa butter from piercing my brain and I really appreciate that. I almost wish this was a chocolate bar. It's really creamy!!! Like I can taste the cream almost!

• 4 weeks later...

This is pretty! It does have a rich but sheer feel to it. Like a super elegant lady, but she's down for an afternoon walk on the beach. It's so well blended it's hard to pick out notes, but the ylang is more forward and the cocoa butter and everything else is a beautiful base for it - it makes me excited for summer!

• 3 months later...

I'm wearing this now w LAM Sandalwood, and I'm getting the cocoa butter more than before. Not sure if it's due to aging or maybe I just shook it up more (or not enough). Really great scent straddling the casual fun of summer and year-round elegance. (Am wearing at a classy yet casual wine bar.)

• 8 months later...

I wasn't really drawn to this scent based on the description but it is beautiful! I guess it is supposed to smell like a cake but it is very beachy to me and I love beach scents. I think the ylang is coming off similar to neroli, which smells like the beach to me for some reason, and the coconut/cocoa butter combo reminds me of suntan lotion. If there was a rebrew I would get a bottle.

I think you would just order it using this:

https://luvpotionperfume.com/listing/519402226/private-edition-perfumes-design-your-own

and then in the notes state that you want Mara to rebrew that one for you if she can. Or email her first to see if it's feasible.