Ruzina Prasina w/ BAM!

AD-Ruzina.jpg

Scent: Ružina Prašina means Rose Dust, and that's exactly how this smells!

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
ROSE ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
OAKMOSS ~ Protection, unconditional love, parental love.
BERGAMOT ~ Relaxant, confidence builder. Uplifts emotions, protection, attracts riches. Mental alertness, energizing.
TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
FERMENTED ALCOHOLS: WINE, BEER, HARD LIQUOR, ETC ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

It took a seeming eternity (actually only a couple of days) for the travel shock to wear off for this one.

When it first arrived, and I put some on my wrist, it was like noooo!  This isn’t a soft powdery rose scent!  This is a sharp, possibly powdery in a masculine aftershave type way, with  NO ROSE kind of scent!  

Today all of this has changed.  Tea rose, other rose I cannot identify and soft powder.  Lovely, EVERYTHING I’d hoped it would be. 

I’ve only been buying from Mara since 2017, so not an extremely long time, but still, it has been several years, and this is the most dramatic transformation any of her creations has undergone for me once acclimated to its new home. I love it!  (But I didn’t at first). 

I could buy a gallon of it, but I won’t.  Starting with just a couple of full bottles for now. :Love09751: 🌹 

Edited by Eve
Typo. The very first review for it, and once again my typing skills came up short 😐

I wanted to add that even though the previous new release also had a rose perfume,  Beewitched is a different animal.  It’s a sex in a bottle (incredible!!!) fragrance that happens to have rose.   In contrast, on me, Ruzina Prasina is a heady, powdery in a good way, musky rose perfume. They’re both to die for. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is a lovely, soft, gentle rose scent. It smells like PINK roses to me. I’m not that great at describing scents, but I can say that I like this one a lot and I expect I’ll have to buy a bottle. :moneyfairy13:  

Edited by RosesArePink

• 2 weeks later...

So...this was going to be named Rose Dust...EXCEPT...we already had a Rose Dust (from the 2016 Nebula collection) and Mara had totally forgotten.  So the two fragrances aren't meant to be similar but I'm always fascinated with ideations of the same or similar ideas and if you compare the notes there is a similar construction in terms of the notes but they're not really the same at all.  But I wanted to compare them anyway because I am the LPMP nerd.  :lol:

Rose Dust (2016)

The champagne accord definitely gives this an interesting quality, I think it plays well against the rose bouquet.  But it has a really soft base beneath the heartnotes.  It has a romantic evocation.  As it dries down it becomes rather more translucent.

Ružina Prašina (2022)

This is more like a rose musk to me.  I don't know if I really get dust from this so much as dusting powder.  That perfume-y silky powdery quality.  The rose bouquet feels a little more fresh-cut and somewhat more sharp, but not in a bad way.  Although there is a powdery feel, the musk really gives it an almost creamy intensity.

@luna65 I’ve not smelled  Rose Dust, so no comparison, but I agree with your description of Ruzina Prasina.  I grow roses, and this has a distinct musk rose scent.  

I like it a lot, but when wet, during those first few minutes, I’m still not crazy about it.  I can’t pinpoint what it is exactly .  But wow, after the initial phase, it’s just so beautiful! 

• 2 weeks later...

I continue to enjoy this, but really not so much until after I’ve had it on for quite a while. I still can’t decide what note it is that during the wet and beginning stages doesn’t agree with me.  

I’ll put it on, then wonder why I thought I liked it so much.  But hours down the road I absolutely love it again.😐

• 1 year later...

I absolutely love this scent. It might even be my favorite. I was lucky to get a sniffie sample of this included with my very first LP order. It smells exactly like the hotel bath minis at the Sahara where my bestie and I stayed for her birthday trip to Vegas. It reminds me of that trip and the good memories. Plus it's just an all-around gorgeous scent. My bestie bought me the full size for my b-day.

Even though it has BAM which has copulins, I do like wearing it up on my neck where I can smell it myself- although I am concerned that it might give me the unclean "coochie head" phenomenon that I read about on here. I can't smell the cops but perhaps that's just me. I love this scent so much though, I think it's worth the risk of some less-than-favorable opinions from others :)