AD-ElijahBlue.jpg.0b4cc4828f96691a0f0005161f4cd0d0.jpg

Elijah Blue

(Label Image by AI via a photo of Elijah)

A fresh, alluring and approachable scent designed as a young fella's first cologne experience. Tonka and teak entwined with black coconut and a soft musky vanilla, with a refreshing splash of the aquatic, and sunny bergamot on top. Reminiscent of a day at a lavish resort!

This truly is fresh! I tried this out yesterday without giving it time to rest. I avoided looking at the labels because I wanted to see if I could figure out which Private Edition I was smelling. Between the four samples, I figured this and Drew's Elegante would be the more masculine ones. I thought the bergamot and Earl Grey notes could potentially confuse me, though I was able to quickly figure it out because they are so different. 

The initial scent I get while wet is mostly the aquatic note. I don't do well with aquatics and they usually give me a headache. I just left that wrist alone to try other things. I came back to it after some time and was surprised by the somewhat sweet scent. It must be the musky vanilla! Much later, I could smell something that actually is reminiscent of a lavish resort. Perhaps it's a room fragrance used in hotel lobbies? I'm thinking perhaps it's the teak and something else. I haven't smelled tonka by itself yet, so I won't recognize it. I'm also not sure how black coconut is different from usual coconut. I'm not getting the bergamot, perhaps because it's very well blended. 

I went back and forth yesterday about whether this is something that I could potentially wear. The vanilla part makes me think I can, but the dry down somehow keeps changing for me: some sniffs I get the sweeter side, others it's the more masculine and woody side. I'm wearing it again to try it. I put this on two hours ago and it's sweet right now. 

11 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

Well, Elijah got his package today and says he "likes the smell of it" which is about as expressive as most 13 year old boys can be. I got both a written thank you and a phone call from him, so that's a good sign. lol. 

Wow! For some reason, I thought Elijah would be around 17 years old. That is quite impressive, especially with the written thank you and a phone call! Most people don't even make calls these days. 😅

It's been around 7 hours since I put this on today. I could smell it up to around 4 hours afterwards, but it was very faint. This faded very nicely which I think is very appropriate for Elijah and his age. I'm currently sniffing the wrist that it's on and I can somehow smell an even sweeter vanilla scent. I'm not sure if this is parts of its dry down or if it somehow held onto the scent of the hand soaps I used today. 

This is really cute! A little masculine for me at first, definitely like a cologne, but the dry down is sweet and soft. Still masculine leaning but it gets so soft. I think the description of a young boys first cologne is perfect and I could totally picture my nephew wearing this! He’s quiet and sweet in his group of friends and he’s definitely the girls favorite. He’s just 13, and he said “the boys are mean to the girls so I’m just their friend” He’s such a sweet kid. I will give him my little trial and see if he likes it.