Mayhem

luna65

AD-Mayhem.jpg

The scent of old books, aged whiskey and an orange-y sky...

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
ORANGE & BLOSSOMS ~ Strong ‘magnet’ to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
SAGE ~ Healing, prosperity, cleansing. Wisdom, longevity, protection, wishes granted.
SWEETGRASS ~ Attracts positive energy and good spirits. Excellent for popularity uses, as it draws people toward the scent.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
FERMENTED ALCOHOLS: WINE, BEER, HARD LIQUOR, ETC ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.

I put this on this morning and it smelled exactly like old books! Not dirty, just old paper and I really like it, it’s interesting. The orange isn’t bright citrusy, there’s something that is tempering it and I dig that too, citrus scents do not like me! I’m not really getting anything else and the orange faded pretty quickly so I’m just left with this really cool antique library smell and I’m so surprised I like it as much as I do!

I just put my hoodie back on and can smell this on the sleeves, the orange is still noticeable there and I like it even better! I might have to make a point to get messy with the application of this and get it on my clothes!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2023 at 6:03 PM, Amanda said:

I put this on this morning and it smelled exactly like old books! Not dirty, just old paper and I really like it, it’s interesting. The orange isn’t bright citrusy, there’s something that is tempering it and I dig that too, citrus scents do not like me! I’m not really getting anything else and the orange faded pretty quickly so I’m just left with this really cool antique library smell and I’m so surprised I like it as much as I do!

OOH!!! This sounds wonderful!!! I'm waiting to see if anyone else reviews this, because as a former Englsih major and current English teacher, this sounds right up my (bookish) alley! 

3 hours ago, Onyx said:

Your review compelled me to order a trial @Amanda! I was disinterested but I like how you described the old books/paper smell and the scent that remained on your hoodie! 📚🍊

Oh good! I hope you enjoy it! I’ve used it a few more times on my clothing instead of skin since my skin changes it in a different way. It lasts forever and there’s no change in the drydown like when skin chemistry and temperature gets involved.

• 2 months later...

I already think wood/citrus is a good pairing but yeah I really like this one!  The sandalwood and cedar is so nice and then the orange mélange makes for a nice bright contrast.  The booziness is rather blended in, IMO, it's not too prominent.  If you love the woody scents then I think this is a no-brainer but it's got an extra-special dimension to it.

• 5 weeks later...

For me, Mayhem isn't aged books so much as it's aged cabinetry. Though I guess they are both wood based, lol. I think the difference in how I'm reading that is the depth of the notes. I think it pairs well with the orange, which is of a more subtle variety. It's not a bright, splashy orange, but a more muted one. It reminds me more of the rind of an orange, or an orange oil, than the juice or flesh of an orange. On my skin, this is sitting solidly on the masculine side of unisex. I'd really like it on a guy. And I think it fits well enough into the cologne category that even a guy who is not adventurous would feel comfortable wearing this, while still being good for someone who doesn't want to smell like everyone else.