Crown Jewels

Beccah

AD-CrownJewels_540x.jpg?v=1596337946

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.]
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SUGARCANE ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

O M F G

WOW.

This is not a sweetened resin blend per se but it has the richness and opulence and overall decadence of exactly that kind of thing.  It's GORGEOUS.  It's kind of the masculine version of OCCO Resinate because it has an appreciable depth and density while also perfectly balanced.  The oud is center stage but everything twines and melds and compliments everything else perfectly.

I love it, so so much.  It's everything beautiful and sexy about the power of resin-based scents and what they can evoke in the imagination.  And as we know, Mara has a talent for these kinds of fragrances.

On 8/10/2020 at 10:39 PM, luna65 said:

O M F G

WOW.

This is not a sweetened resin blend per se but it has the richness and opulence and overall decadence of exactly that kind of thing.  It's GORGEOUS.  It's kind of the masculine version of OCCO Resinate because it has an appreciable depth and density while also perfectly balanced.  The oud is center stage but everything twines and melds and compliments everything else perfectly.

I love it, so so much.  It's everything beautiful and sexy about the power of resin-based scents and what they can evoke in the imagination.  And as we know, Mara has a talent for these kinds of fragrances.

@luna65, would you say that this is unisex, or definitely more on the masculine side? It sounds like something I would like to wear, but I'm on the fence between a bottle and a sample.

It's unisex, but it's somewhat more slanted towards masculine, I would say.  I think I would depend on how you like to wear resin-type scents.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 7:39 PM, luna65 said:

O M F G

WOW.

I’m so glad you wrote this review! I took a chance because of your review and went FB, My man’s not big on heavy resins on himself, and his review on many resin-based perfumes on me is “it’s okay.” He’s definitely did not like Dukhan on himself or Sugared Oud on me, it may have garnered a “you don’t need to wear that one again.” (His enthusiasm for the ones he does like more than make up for his thumbs-down reviews.) 

I do feel this is a masculine scent, it’s strong and sexy. As far as resins go, think woody sexy, not incense/mystery. It’s a warm, manly, sophisticated oriental, to my nose. I love it on him. I honestly don’t even care if he enjoys it or not, I will be requesting it often. He knows the benefits of my nuzzling!

Most LP’s get better over time. I have a few bottles I’ve put away sealed after buying them after using up the trial. After a blend sits for a while, they develop undertones that weren’t so obvious in the beginning. Most don’t need the time, but they benefit and become more complex. Just like a movie is so much more than just the cast, each perfume can become its own story apart from the notes. I think that this one comes out of the bottle fully formed, it doesn’t need to sit and I hope it doesn’t change too much over time. I am looking forward, though, to how it changes over the evening. I hope not too much. 🤞🏼 
If Mysterioso, Dark Desires, or Lumine d’Terra cause cuddling in your house, you might need this perfume. Not that they smell the same, but Crown Jewels has a deep/smooth vibe.

On 8/22/2020 at 4:24 PM, Eastwood22 said:

He’s definitely did not like Dukhan on himself or Sugared Oud on me, it may have garnered a “you don’t need to wear that one again.” (His enthusiasm for the ones he does like more than make up for his thumbs-down reviews.) 

LOL okay, because I don't think I could stand someone - even the love of my life - telling me that if I happened to like a particular fragrance.  If I had tried it for the specific purpose of attraction that would be one thing.

On 8/22/2020 at 4:24 PM, Eastwood22 said:

Most LP’s get better over time. I have a few bottles I’ve put away sealed after buying them after using up the trial. After a blend sits for a while, they develop undertones that weren’t so obvious in the beginning. Most don’t need the time, but they benefit and become more complex. Just like a movie is so much more than just the cast, each perfume can become its own story apart from the notes. I think that this one comes out of the bottle fully formed, it doesn’t need to sit and I hope it doesn’t change too much over time. I am looking forward, though, to how it changes over the evening. I hope not too much. 🤞🏼 

Right; we are experiencing the "new brew" as it were because these get brewed and are out the door, and oil-based fragrance is meant to age and meld and evolve.  That's why I have said, many times over many years now, that you shouldn't necessarily judge an LP fragrance based on your first sniff or first application.

13 hours ago, luna65 said:

LOL okay, because I don't think I could stand someone - even the love of my life - telling me that if I happened to like a particular fragrance.  If I had tried it for the specific purpose of attraction that would be one thing.

I appreciate his honesty. It's not so much that he says, "Your ass looks fat in those jeans," he'll say, with a mischievous smile, "what's that kind of dress called?" And then he'll follow it with "your face looks pretty."

If it's a perfume I love and he dislikes, like Cowabunga Gazunga, I can always wear it when he's not around. But right now, during SIP, the last thing I want to have on my body is something that could prevent me from getting laid. 

This is GORGEOUS! I love it on me, but I can’t wait to try it on Mr Perfect, too. It’s smooth and understated-sexy. Deep without being dark. If he likes it, I may get us a bottle to share.