EOW oil? Stinky as old version of fruitier now?

tifania

Hi! I read that Essence of a Woman (the NON oil based version avail. elsewhere) is less stinky these days!

What about the EOW oil based version here? Is it less stinky also?

THANKS! =)

I don't know about newer bottles of EoW being less stinky....I HAVE heard that.....HOWEVER, it is supposed to stink.....that is why it works.

BUT, all that being said, I have an old bottle of the alcohol-based and two bottles of the oil-based. They are both very stinky when wet. The oil-based version drys down and the scent mellows much faster than the alcohol-based version. I MUCH PREFER the oil-based Essence Oil. It is much more useable, IMO. I loaded it on for an experiement, and covered it with a very light scent. With the alcohol based, I had serious bleed through after a while. NO bleed-through with the Essence Oil.

And, if you want to mix the Essence Oil directly with your oil-based scents, it mixes much easier than the alcohol-based version.

Edited by Dolly

I have the less stinky fruity one that you're talking about, but it's only fruity at first. Then the stinky cheesy odor comes out. I've only used a few drops two different times. I know I have to increase the drops to get a more noticeable response. But I think I'll be switching to LP's version after I finish what I have from the other place. I might even do that with most of my pheros down the line except for shine which I really like because I prefer a the roll on base that LP has over the spray ones that have an alcohol base.

I think after using BPAL oils for so long that I'm partial to oil forms and alcohol based sprays feel off to me. And I'm questioning how well this EOW from that place works because I think by making it fruity they must have diluted it somehow. No wonder two drops doesn't do much for me.

Now see I thought the fruity odor was just a characteristic of EoW in general because I've always described the smell as "fruity cheese" and I've tried the original Stone Labs version as well as what's in the LPMP versions.

Now see I thought the fruity odor was just a characteristic of EoW in general because I've always described the smell as "fruity cheese" and I've tried the original Stone Labs version as well as what's in the LPMP versions.

Yes, same here.

Both Luna and Ariadne are correct..

It's EXACTLY the same product. We just asked Dr. Stone who produces and created BOTH versions, to make the LP version for us in an oil-base, so it could seamlessly be blended into oil-based fragrances - which it can be - and fantastically successfully, too.

Essence Oil, the oil-based version of EOW, is totally exclusive to LP, and cannot be bought anywhere else.

The only difference from batch to batch that I have EVER noticed in six+ years of using EOW - is in the strength and pungency of the smell itself.

I have NEVER noticed a decrease in efficacy - ever.. Which is after all, what we ladies ARE mostly concerned about, I'm sure..

Like Dolly, I greatly prefer the oil-based version, as it dries down faster, with much less bleed-through and it really does blend into ALL LP fragrances and similar Artisan perfume oils - absolutely perfectly..

Blessings

Ail )O(

Oh thanks ladies! I was wondering about this because I've only read about the cheese or bad smell and then people mentioned it being more fruity and on another board I think someone said this was different or new. That's why I thought they had done something to kind of lessen that odor.

Thanks to all who clarified this. I was confused about it and wondering.

You are all so helpful! Thanks!

Thanks everyone! I placed my order on Oct 23, for EOW oil & Blatant Invitation. I also requested the 3 free samples, but forgot to add my username into my paypal note, so i hope it goes through ok.

I'm so excited I cannot wait to try them! I've only used Instant Sexiness A in the past and I've had great success with it!

I'm really excited to try a higher amount of cops to see if I can heat things up more. =)

I have several perfumes that I'm going to try to cover EOW with:

Lolita Lempicka

Light Blue

Sweet Temptation (Victorias Secret)

Angel

Love Spell (Victorias Secret)

I also ordered Pink Sugar to try.

Will update to let you guys know how it all turns out! =)

Thanks everyone! I placed my order on Oct 23, for EOW oil & Blatant Invitation. I also requested the 3 free samples, but forgot to add my username into my paypal note, so i hope it goes through ok.

If you send the ladies an e-mail with your order information and your username, that may help. Also, I think it's 2 free samples per month. (With an order of $20 or more.)

If you send the ladies an e-mail with your order information and your username, that may help. Also, I think it's 2 free samples per month. (With an order of $20 or more.)

Thanks! I just did that! Hopefully i get the samples!. =)

I asked for:

1. Pherogirl

2. Cuddle Bunny

3. Pherogirl:super (in case one of the 1st two are out of stock)

I'm also dying to try CFM but it's out of stock. Does anyone know when it should be available again?

Thanks! I just did that! Hopefully i get the samples!. =)

I asked for:

1. Pherogirl

2. Cuddle Bunny

3. Pherogirl:super (in case one of the 1st two are out of stock)

I'm also dying to try CFM but it's out of stock. Does anyone know when it should be available again?

It is highly likely that it will NOT be available again. Most scents here are limited editions, with the exception of LP Original, LP Red, LP Black, and a handful of others that are consistently re-brewed. A re-brew depends on the demand, the rarity of the ingredients, and numerous other factors.

BUT, the good news is that most of the unscented phero blends are going to stick around, and the lovely ladies give us at least 10 new scents to play with each month.....there is plenty to fall in love with! Also, if you want one of the phero blends pre-mixed woith a scent, you can order it as an add-in.....they mix the phero concentrate with a scent of your choice.....pretty cool, huh?