Elementals: Fire

Beccah

AD-ElementalsFire.jpg

Elementals: Fire

The power, passion and excitement of roaring flame...those born under a Fire sign - Aries, Leo and Sagittarius - are known to throw caution to the wind, considered daredevils for whom every day is a chance for adventure and risk. To embody the element of Fire you must be spontaneous and impulsive, enthusiastic, with a burning desire for realization. Let our potion of smokey woods and burning hot spice ignite the passions within you....

Scent: Smoldering sandalwood and sensual black musk, fiery cinnamon and clove, on a base of soft powdery musky vanilla.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I'm doing a spice theme this week I thought it would be appropriate for me to try this one first. The combination of the sandalwood and black musk give this one a really nice incense impression, I think - it's very smooth and it has that aura of smokiness but not overpoweringly so. I get a bit of the clove on top but that is the extent of the spiciness right now. I think it's perfect for cold-weather wear, and metaphysically I could see using this for situations when you wish to project an aura of daring, or to further accentuate that quality within you (if you are a Fire sign). It would be great for clubbing, or going to a loud rock show, heh.

FIRE is AMAZING! I knew I would love this when I read about it. Imagine you are standing in the middle of the best smelling fire in the entire world. Wood is burning along with sandalwood, cinnamon, and a kiss of clove. The flames are around you and way up over your head and you're close to the burning embers and coals. This is what I imagined when I wore this. Smoldering is a great way to describe this. And I agree, the smokiness is just enough and doesn't overpower this at all.

• 1 month later...

I love cinnamon and clove, and vanilla. Sandalwood can be iffy, and black musk doesn't usually like me. ?

In the vial, I mostly just smelled the vanilla and a bit of spiciness. On my skin, I get more cinnamon. I think the sandalwood is tempering the black musk because I can smell it but it isn't overpowering. It all blends in together to make a warm, spicy, slightly smoky scent. It puts a sultry smile on my face and makes me want to slink around. Not in a club setting, but in my house at night, while I light all the candles..turn on some music with a heavy beat..and sip on a glass of Cab ?

I was afraid of the black musk in this along with all the other scary notes, but it wasn't bad at all. It was spicy and I could smell the black musk but it wasn't heavy or too thick smelling. It was actually very masculine on me and I kinda enjoyed it. I didn't look at the notes before testing in order to see what notes jump out at me the most and immediately detected the cinnamon and what I felt was a more anise flavored vanilla red musk, if that makes sense. To me it's like a combo of LP Black and LP Red. It's got that vanilla base with cinnamon and sexy skin musk.

I can't believe there isn't anise in this! I swear I smell black licorice and cinnamon. Hot spicy cinnamon!

Lol LadyV! I just saw your review and you said you smell anise too. Damn scent twin!

Edited by hearts

This is my favorite of the Elementals! That being said...

Unfortunately, as spices oftimes do, the cinnamon amped and wouldn't share the glory with the other notes. They were there - it was just all cinnamon forward for me though :( But it's still my favorite and I've been rubbing a bit into the tips of my hair or on my clothes so that my wonky chemistry doesn't mangle it :) Mmmmmmmm...GOOD :heart: Love me these smoky scents!