Cougar Potion: Panther

On 8/27/2019 at 1:38 PM, LexiJo said:

WOW! Got a free (SUPER FULL) bottle of this with my sale order and just trying it for the first time today...albeit affected by bottle shock from the travel from the West to the East coast...so...

Anywho, WOW. The initial note both from the bottle and on my skin smells like COPS COPS COPS. I am not even thinking that there ARE cops in Cougar, but dang! P.U...STINKY! I am wondering if I amp currant, because that seems to be all I can detect for the first 30 minutes or so, then a soft wispy waft of powdery cocoa, a little bright grapefruit and...a wonky note. The wonky note (currant?) dominates powerfully. I love the original Cougar, but my sniffy of it was not enough to discern properly how I respond to the actual phero...or to notice how it affects others when I wear it.  I just started running again in the early mornings, and am starting to feel the powerful energy boost of exercise and fresh air lifting my mood and my "get-up=and-go" lately, but I wonder if this is increasing that effect? I feel very "up" and "on" today. And I have not even had coffee, lol. As I work in a company of ALL women and have my own office, I don't often "waste" pheros here unless it's Balm Bomb. lol, so I still need to experiment. I will let my bottle rest for a few weeks and will try again, but at the moment I can't say if this one is for me. The initial wonky note is overpowering and although it tempers a bit with time, it still makes me sense that "cops that have not yet dried down" kind of feel and smell to it. First impression is that I like the original Cougar better. Anyone else get the PU factor? Maybe my skin doesn't like currant...? 

It may just not agree with you, unfortunately, BUT, when I got my FB of OCCO Red last order, it wasn't like it was when I got the trial months back. It smelled like lipstick & ass on me, with a hint of cinnamon, lol. I know to let my potions from here sit though, & now, it's sooo much better & mostly cinnamon + vanilla, with only a hint of the weird lipstick / ass combo, & that goes away after drydown. So maybe try again in a week or two.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2019 at 2:43 PM, StrawberryKitten said:

It may just not agree with you, unfortunately, BUT, when I got my FB of OCCO Red last order, it wasn't like it was when I got the trial months back. It smelled like lipstick & ass on me, with a hint of cinnamon, lol. I know to let my potions from here sit though, & now, it's sooo much better & mostly cinnamon + vanilla, with only a hint of the weird lipstick / ass combo, & that goes away after drydown. So maybe try again in a week or two.

😂 Strawberry Kitten...lipstick and ass...LOL!!! I am learning the "let it sit" lesson, too. That never made sense to me, it still really doesn't, but I know it's true nontheless. I will contnet myself with my precious...I aquired a bottle of LP BLUE in the auction and it makes me SWOON. LOVE LOVE LOVE. WIll re-try Panther for sure. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I traded off my scented Cougar potion after a few tries when I first started using LP scents. The grapefruit or sugars seem to be very pointy on me. This version behaves the same on me except that I got a huge blast of cocoa on wet which reminded me of the Glamour Potion. 3 hours later, the grapefruit and sugar still lingered with a slight hint of sweetness from the currant. 

I think this is good for cooler weather and as I live in a tropical country, I'll probably wear this on days when I intend to stay indoors. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Yup. Every time I revisit this one it’s the same. My skin does not like this at all. Neither does my nose! I think I SUPER AMP current and there is a strange wonky note that I can’t identify that’s present right off the bat, but intensifies like crazy and gives me a whopper of a headache. Now I am certain it is this. I don’t get grapefruit or peach at all…just currant and chocolate and wonkiness. And a bad headache. Oh well. I’m done experimenting with this one. This is the ONLY LP I have ever come across that I really dislike and can’t wear. One in (almost) a million 😁 so I’m not disappointed. There are so many other fabulous scents!