Kayla's Creme a L'Orange

Kayla

This was actually my top pick for a Private Edition I was interested in, but I held off because I wanted a foodie Dreamsicle/Creamsicle scent and the impression I got in the other thread is that this is less foodie and more adult. Here I am waiting for the reviews though. 😅

I hope you're able to get some good rest, @Kayla!

12 hours ago, Onyx said:

This was actually my top pick for a Private Edition I was interested in, but I held off because I wanted a foodie Dreamsicle/Creamsicle scent and the impression I got in the other thread is that this is less foodie and more adult. Here I am waiting for the reviews though. 😅

I hope you're able to get some good rest, @Kayla!

I have been wearing Creme a l'Orange this morning and it is definitely an adult take on the Creamsicle concept. It starts out a bright orange (like orange soda). After it sits for a while it seems spicy - maybe the amber? After a few hours it has settled into a spicy vanilla-orange, somewhat similar, although less complex than Juicy Lucy (which I've been begging to be rebrewed). So, while it's not exactly what I was envisioning when I requested the PE, it's exactly what I had wanted for a while. ❤️ 

... and I think I'm going to need to order the reserved bottle because I have been waiting a while for something like this to return. 

13 hours ago, Kayla said:

So, while it's not exactly what I was envisioning when I requested the PE, it's exactly what I had wanted for a while. ❤️ 

Thank you for the review, Kayla! It's great when things work out like that.  I'm also looking for a scent from years ago and I've found a close one recently, but it's not quite the same. I'm happy for you Kayla and also that you've recovered enough to enjoy scents again! ❤️

4 hours ago, Onyx said:

Thank you for the review, Kayla! It's great when things work out like that.  I'm also looking for a scent from years ago and I've found a close one recently, but it's not quite the same. I'm happy for you Kayla and also that you've recovered enough to enjoy scents again! ❤️

I'm so happy that you found a similar perfume to one you loved years ago, Onyx. It's such a nice surprise when that happens! When I asked for this PE, I was thinking more along the lines of Orange Droolious (OCCO) which was more of a true Creamsicle, but this turned out perfect, just in a different way. Yes, I can breathe through my nose again - thank goodness! 😊 

14 hours ago, Kayla said:

I'm so happy that you found a similar perfume to one you loved years ago, Onyx. It's such a nice surprise when that happens! When I asked for this PE, I was thinking more along the lines of Orange Droolious (OCCO) which was more of a true Creamsicle, but this turned out perfect, just in a different way. Yes, I can breathe through my nose again - thank goodness! 😊 

Yes! I'm still looking for something that smells exactly like the one from years ago but I am enjoying the process of finding it. I wasn't around for that but it sounds delicious! Hopefully that comes back in the future! 🍊💖

• 2 weeks later...

On me, this isn't as bright and sweet as orange droolious, which really did have that dessert like orange smoothie scent. Exactly how I remember orange Julius smelling. This is softer and creamier. If orange droolious is outdoor summer sunshine, this is a springtime, maybe still need a cardigan, version.

The key word for me in this is creamy. It's orange and creamy vanilla. The vanilla is so creamy, it's buttery. It's giving it a soft, creamy edge. It reminds me of those old creme savers candies. They were hard, round candies like peppermints, but with swirls of orange and cream instead.