Vampire Bunny 2023 w/Cuddle Bunny

AD-VampireBunny.jpg

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
OAK MOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental/unconditional love.
BLUEBERRY ~ Protection, communication, peace, calm.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
WOODS ~ Endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, heroism, and protection from negativity.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

I was such a big fan of the original and forever kicking myself that I didn't get a bottle so you know I remedied that mistake!

Maybe it's because it's freshly-brewed but I feel like the Blue Smoke aspect is somewhat stronger than the Cuddle Bunny aspect at this point, with the tart blueberry on top.  As it dries down I feel like it wears pretty close to the skin and softens to the point where more of the CB vibe comes out.  But it is definitely Autumnal in nature.  If not for the phero I think a guy could wear this as well, as there is a thread of sweetness but it's not louder than anything else.

This one is similar to Nox and Nox Nyx to me. But the blueberry is very deep/dark in this blend. When first applied it smells like tart grape, almost like a grape lollipop.  But when it settles it deepens and becomes a more darker, musky, berry scent. It’s got a very mysterious vibe. If you like dark, sensual berry scents this one is lovely.  

This was my first impression of Vampire Bunny(2023) on Day 0

On 10/16/2023 at 3:56 PM, Onyx said:

Vampire Bunny: Fruity. Nice, elegant smell. I thought it was Flying Potion but when I kept coming back to it, I realized it must be Vampire Bunny since I really liked Cuddle Bunny so much. I'm not getting a strong smoke scent on this yet @ivy_fiddlefox, but I'm getting a strong blueberry. 

This was a clear standout to me on Day 0! I've had my sample for 13-14 days now so it's had some rest. There is that saying though which is usually attributed to Theodore Roosevelt, "Comparison is the thief of joy." It applied to my experience when testing this out. I enjoyed it more when I wore it by itself but less so when I compared it with others. 

I compared this with Cuddle Bunny because I read that the original version is a mash-up of Cuddle Bunny and Blue Smoke. I also wanted to see how much of Cuddle Bunny's scent is present in this. Initially, Vampire Bunny smells like Cuddle Bunny with blueberry on top. As it dries down, I start smelling more of the smoke. After most of the other notes have faded, the dry down for both smell very unisex to me. I also noticed the lingering unisex scent in my review of Cuddle Bunny, but the main difference to me is that Cuddle Bunny dries more sweetly while Vampire Bunny dries in a way that leans more unisex/masculine and starts to become more smoky. I agree with @luna65 that a man could wear this as well. I asked Mr. Onyx which one he preferred though, and he pointed towards the body part that had Cuddle Bunny, but that may just be what he prefers in general and not necessarily what he would like to wear. 

I also compared this to Super Happy Funtime since I also noted smoky blueberry from that one. They have very similar blueberry notes, but as they fade, I get more jamminess from Super Happy Funtime and more blue smoke from Vampire Bunny. I get no smoke from Super Happy Funtime when they are compared side by side. I also wrote in my review for that one that it is a dark, elegant, yet fruity and uplifting scent to wear before you swim with the sharks at work, and I think Vampire Bunny works really well for that too. It does have a mysterious vibe like @LyndaH mentioned.

Because of its smokiness, I also compared this with Reliquary, because that is my other smoky scent that I got a trial of from 'Weenies 2023. Just basing on their respective smokiness, Reliquary is a better smoky scent for me. Reliquary's smoky part gives me cozy, winter lodge vibes, while Vampire Bunny's smoky part gives me... I don't really know. I don't have a vision for it at this time. Perhaps men's cologne vibes? In terms of wearability though, Vampire Bunny is something I can enjoy wearing more because of the blueberry and Cuddle Bunny aspects, especially in the beginning. Meanwhile, Reliquary is something that I don't necessarily want to wear but would like to smell on something else. On the other hand, I prefer the initial part of Vampire Bunny, whereas I prefer the dry down of Reliquary, and the dry down is what tends to stick longer unless someone is dedicated to just reapplying constantly.

To address @ivy_fiddlefox's smoke concern in the other thread, I think this might get more smoky as it gets more rest. I've only had this for two weeks though, so perhaps the other notes might come out more as this ages longer, but it seems that the smokiness increases at least in the near future. 

I think Vampire Bunny is one of those scents where it doesn't win in specific categories, but it gets second place consistently. Even though in certain aspects, I prefer other scents compared to Vampire Bunny, if someone would like to have all those aspects in one (Cuddle Bunny, blueberry, smoke), then Vampire Bunny does very well overall and can be a solid choice. 

• 3 weeks later...

I like this better than the original. It’s probably the oak moss that I’m not a fan of, but I’ve never smelled oak moss on its own. I’m not a green scent type of person. The blueberry reminds me of the blueberry in Baby Blue, which is very blueberry! After a while the blueberry did fade a bit and the oak moss was more detectable. 

Edited by Femmefatale