Cops raise testerone..but can it make men lose their hair faster?

So he has concerns that raising his testerone 150% or whatever the rate is...might make his hair fall out faster. He thinks he noticed some slight shedding and wonders if pheromones could contribute to this. Doesn't raised testerone levels sometimes lead to hairloss? So whatcha think?

I've read that the excess testosterone thing in regards to hair loss is related to a hereditary condition rather than an external cause, and I've also read it's elevated estrogen - not testosterone - which causes the problem. In Q's case he's pretty much mostly bald on top, the dear thing, and was already that way when we met, so I know it's not my fault. :lol:

So he has concerns that raising his testerone 150% or whatever the rate is...might make his hair fall out faster. He thinks he noticed some slight shedding and wonders if pheromones could contribute to this. Doesn't raised testerone levels sometimes lead to hairloss? So whatcha think?

Not sure....maybe Ail can provide some insight on this issue.....

Maybe it is just a "seasonal shed".......it happens......

DHT is the metabolite of testosterone that causes androgenic alopecia ("male-pattern baldness") - among many other more important functions. So increased blood levels of testosterone might allow greater quantities to be converted....but you are limited by the amount of the enzyme that converts the 5a-dihydro part....

Hmmm...a valid question, though I doubt resulting hair loss would be that quick. It is supposedly triggered by follicular miniaturization, which happens over time.

Interested to see what Ail knows...

I thought I would add, from my own personal experience.....

I have exposed my fiancee, who is turning 49 in one week, to VERY high levels of cops on an ongoing and consistent basis, for almost 3 years now (it will be three years in Nov, actually)......and he still has a very thick full head of hair. My hairdresser, who cut his hair the last time, was remarking how thick it is, as a matter of fact......

Oh yeh Dolly, with the amount of cops you wear, if your man ISN'T bald by now, then none of us have anything to worry about! LOL!

I thought I would add, from my own personal experience.....

I have exposed my fiancee, who is turning 49 in one week, to VERY high levels of cops on an ongoing and consistent basis, for almost 3 years now (it will be three years in Nov, actually)......and he still has a very thick full head of hair. My hairdresser, who cut his hair the last time, was remarking how thick it is, as a matter of fact......